Tough To Figure

There are 48 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 7, 2008, titled Tough To Figure. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Now, with just under two minutes remaining, a game of offensive futility and defensive breakdowns was about to have its signature moment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
yankees

Higganum, CT

#42 Mar 7, 2008
as much i love aj price he need to stop talking cause he just hurted his team and providence came that energy from the start to shut aj price mouth. just play ball and stop talking..
fetefone

Sterling, VA

#43 Mar 7, 2008
The huskies will definitely make the final four (of the Big East Tourney).
Sit down sonny boy

Bennington, VT

#44 Mar 7, 2008
thetruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being a UConn fan. Stop watching the games, stop responding to articles about the game. Your an embarressment to the program, coaches, athletes, and true fans. You're a loser and worthless.
Ahh, the pot and kettle, except this time kettle is BLUE. Translation: thetruth is the only worthless loser on here.
ray finkle

Medford, NY

#45 Mar 7, 2008
so they lost a game that didnt really mean much to them against a team struggling to make the big east tournament and sitting on the bubble. whatever as long as they figure it out come tournament time... seemed like they were able to get it done against teams like louisville, indiana, notre dame, marquette, syracuse, maybe in the tournament they will realize their potential..
The guy that complained about sports athletes today, what about people in general today?

does anyone hate that women announcer as much as i do? i feel like shes a dumbass that doesnt know what she is talking about?
RAY D

Thonotosassa, FL

#46 Mar 7, 2008
UNFORTUNATELY THE PROVIDENCE PLAYERS PROOVED LAST NIGHT THAT WHEN THEY PLAY THE HUSKIES THERE REALLY IS NO THREAT OF UCONN WINNING THE GAME. THEREFORE, THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE DISPECTFUL. WHY? BECAUSE PROVIDENCE BACKS IT UP. DID YOU SEE THAT ALLEEY OOP WITH LESS THAN 2 MINUTES TO GO.
topo gigio

Mansfield, TX

#47 Mar 7, 2008
I like the theory in some of these posts that correlate the teams' performance to the return of Dyson. Look at the larger picture of the last 2 years and Dyson being on the team. Think there's something there.
FriarsruleHuskie sdroole

Holyoke, MA

#48 Mar 7, 2008
same ole "U'CANT" fans, I recall moving to CT some 22 years ago and the then fair weather fans said let's play division 2 or 3 so we can win......
support your team through thick and thin.....
Friars have "U"Cants" #
Mike

Meriden, CT

#49 Mar 7, 2008
I am not suggesting this is a national championship type team, but even the 2004 team lost a lot of bad games in the regular season. They lost to a bad PC team that year as well. Do any of you watch collge basketball? Even good teams lose games. They have bad nights, like last night. My analysis is they stunk last night. Lets move on to Cinncy and the Big East. I would love to see this team make it into the Big East finals and the Sweet 16. That would be a successful season for this squad. I have enjoyed watching them this year despite the two lowlight games against PC. Go Uconn! We shall see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Providence Friars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cooley, Cotton Have Providence College Moving I... (Feb '13) Feb '13 hoopsterluvr 1
News Cooley committed to winning at Providence (Jul '11) Jul '11 Evans 1
News W.Va. 93, PC 63: Mountaineers level bewildered ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Paul D 1
News After tough summer, Friars moving on (Nov '10) Nov '10 bigdaddyo 1
News Jamine Peterson dismissed from PC hoop program (Jun '10) Jun '10 Ryan 1
News Keno Davis hints at wholesale change after Fria... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Paul D 1
News Sharaud Curry nominated for Bob Cousy award (Dec '09) Dec '09 Los 1
More from around the web