Aggies hold off Prairie View, get Walker first win in head-coac...

There are 4 comments on the Sep 12, 2009, Las Cruces Sun-News story titled Aggies hold off Prairie View, get Walker first win in head-coac.... In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

DeWayne Walker doesn't care about style points. He cares about wins. On Saturday night, the New Mexico State Aggie football team was able to get its first-year head coach the inaugural win of his career, a 21-18 home triumph over Prairie View A&M. Up 21-3 early in the fourth quarter, the Aggies nearly let their lead slip away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Aggie Alumnus

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Sep 13, 2009
Why didn't the Aggie football team wear pink uniforms for this game. I guess they are not man enough to wear pink like the rest of the fans.
Loyal Aggie

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Sep 13, 2009
I saw three solid quarters of football from NMSU tonight. The team and fans alike went elsewhere in the fourth. Does Las Cruces know it's okay to stay in the stands when we're winning? Overall, I am ecstatic about the first Aggie win under Walker. Bring on Bootep.
Stanthemanforeve r

United States

#3 Sep 13, 2009
NOBODY in Texas would line up E V E R against Prairie View.
There are Texas High Schools that would take PV apart.

NM State needs to go to Div. III, where they might win. They are wasting money by giving "athletes" to want to come to State.
REAL fan

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2009
Prairie View was ranked #40 in last week's FCS poll...this was a solid performance and a big win for NMSU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prairie View A&M University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hugee leads Prairie View to 69-63 victory in OT (Apr '10) Apr '10 dflex 1
News Prairie View A&M beats Alabama State 56-55 (Feb '10) Feb '10 Antwone 1
News Menzies wants Aggies tested before conference play (Dec '09) Dec '09 Brigand 2
News Prairie View tops Alcorn State 34-14, wins title (Nov '09) Nov '09 E J Smith 2
News Aggies hold off Prairie View, get Walker first ... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Former Aggie 27
News New Mexico State slides past Prairie View 21-18 (Sep '09) Sep '09 Taco 1
News Chapin High graduate Stoney Owens finding his n... (Sep '09) Sep '09 dogteam 1
More from around the web