Rutgers Hands UConn Its First Loss Of...

Rutgers Hands UConn Its First Loss Of The Season

There are 9 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Rutgers Hands UConn Its First Loss Of The Season. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Epiphanny Prince scored 27 of her career-high 33 points in the second half and No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Chris

Meriden, CT

#1 Feb 5, 2008
The Rutgers game had some of the worst officiating I've seen in years of watching basketball the Big East has to put officials in a game like that who have objectivity and who aren't going to alter the outcome with their lack of backbone. I can score thirty in a game too if a foul is called every time I create contact.
twomiler

Southington, CT

#2 Feb 5, 2008
UConn badly needed Kalana Greene's defense tonight, especially on Prince. This could be a problem in other big games.
Wrinkled up old buzzard

United States

#3 Feb 5, 2008
The ladies of the evening with tightly curled hair win! Good to see Geno's smug smirk wiped off his face.
Scott in Utah

Roy, UT

#4 Feb 5, 2008
One game on Feb. 5th? Oh, please. I still put my money on UConn for the National title. By the way, Geno doesn't have a smug smirk. It's a wry grin.
Natchel Main

Orlando, FL

#5 Feb 6, 2008
Yo, Altavilla! Could you possibly get to the score of the game sometime before the sixth paragraph and save the cutesy blather for the end?
Will

East Hampton, CT

#6 Feb 6, 2008
UCONN WAS OVER RATED
Jas

Willimantic, CT

#7 Feb 6, 2008
Will wrote:
UCONN WAS OVER RATED
A loss of a few points at the RAC makes UConn overrated? Pah-leeze!Guess you just needed to say it. What a laugh! Wait until March 3rd when revenge can be sweet at the XL Center. I didn't see the game so can't comment on calls. Did listen to it on the radio. Yes, have to admit that the Knights managed to shut down Maya Moore, but it's the first time she played against Rutgers... she's the FRESHMAN phenom, just give her time and she will learn how to remove the crown from Prince. Congrats to Vivian and her team. Savor it, now you can wear the bullseye for a while. A LITTLE while.
Mark

Milford, CT

#8 Feb 6, 2008
Rutgers owns UConn

They have won 4 of the last 6.
If it wasn't for home town calls in Hartford they would win them all.
mike

AOL

#9 Feb 7, 2008
Geno says he cant put charde in the game?? give me a break please,, can you please tell me what Mclaren did for us?? nothing,, she killed us, i never saw a more pitifull performance within the span of 3 minutes than i saw from Mclaren.. Yes the loss of Greene might be catching up with us(considering she is the best defensive player on the team if not the country), however i have to chalk this up as a Geno loss..Geno insists on playing mind games with his players.. Putting Tina on the bench the other night, and all the mind games he is playing with charde, come on geno? Charde does make mistakes, however she is a far better and more experienced player than Mclaren..In a big game like that Chardee should have been in the game at least for defensive purposes..And Geno can you tell me why you insist on letting Mclaren throw up bricks from the top of the key?? Does she think she is a good outside shooter or something?? Everytime she shoots the ball from outside i cringe..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Panthers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Syracuse Orange vs. Pitt Panthers: TV Listings,... (Feb '14) Feb '14 groler 1
News Syracuse vs. Pittsburgh: Key players, key stats... (Jan '14) Feb '14 OrangeMan 4
News 6 Reasons Pitt Should Have Fired Jamie Dixon Af... (Mar '13) Mar '13 biff 1
NCAA 2nd 3rd Rounds in Pittsburgh (Feb '12) Feb '12 JackH 1
Im Looking for Final Four tickets in Houston...... (Mar '11) Apr '11 John 2
News No. 8 Butler boots No. 1 Pitt from NCAA Tournam... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Al Sharpton 12
News Butler vs Pittsburgh: 'America's team' meets No. 1 (Mar '11) Mar '11 lonerider 3
More from around the web