Former Lafayette coach Butch van Bred...

Former Lafayette coach Butch van Breda Kolff dies at 84 -- them...

There are 2 comments on the The Morning Call story from Aug 23, 2007, titled Former Lafayette coach Butch van Breda Kolff dies at 84 -- them.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Butch van Breda Kolff, who twice coached at Lafayette College and won 482 games as a college coach and coached the Los Angeles Lakers to two NBA finals appearances, has died after a long illness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

BikerJoe

Stroudsburg, PA

#2 Aug 23, 2007
Rest in peace. I had the pleasure of meeting him a number of times at the tennis court. Colorful, interesting, passionate and a cool guy.
Linda

Bangor, PA

#3 Aug 25, 2007
Butch was extremely intelligent, humorous and kind, a terrific friend. Last night a group of us visited some of his favoite bars in Easton, had a few Miller Lites and enjoyed sharing some of our many good times with "Coach". He will be missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pepperdine Waves NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BONSIGNORE: For Pepperdine's Bell, it was love ... (Feb '10) Feb '10 UR notsosmart 2
News 30 second game guide: No. 15 Gonzaga vs. Pepper... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News Wave hello: Asbury returns as Pepperdine men's ... (Feb '08) Apr '09 if u read this u ... 2
News Aggie men blow out Pepperdine, now 2-1 (Nov '08) Nov '08 Las Cruces footba... 3
News Shelley and Thomas transfer to San Diego State (May '08) May '08 Paul Crandell 1
News Gaels' '96-97 season one to remember (Nov '07) Apr '08 LionsTheChamp 2
News Basketball dreams being realizedby Raven star (Jan '08) Apr '08 LionsTheChamp 3
More from around the web