Penn State Women's Hoops Coach Resigns

Mar 23, 2007 Read more: The Associated Press
Rene Portland turned Penn State into one of the top programs in women's college basketball. Read more
LANAINFLA

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Mar 23, 2007
Hooray For Coach Portland. I believe she was under big pressure to resign given the fanatical gay rights agenda that is sweping our land. She obviously believes homosexuality id immoral. For this 'she' has been branded immoral. If homosexualality isn't immoral than what is????? The coach should be applauded for lasting this long and for producing a great record for state college. Our college kids today are taught tolerance, but at what price?? I agree with the coach 100%. She took a moral stand and was a champion at it. Hey, I think Coach Portland may even be pro-life too. Sure that urks quite a few out there reading this. God Bless Coach Portland and the best to her!!!!!
Butch

Punxsutawney, PA

#2 Mar 24, 2007
I agree with LANAINFLA..If you don't stand for something,you fall for everything.Rene needs to be commended for her stand....Too bad Curley and Spanier,have caved in to the gay rights agenda.As for me I'll stand alongside the coach.We all have to stand before someone a whole lot bigger than the Gay rights activists,and their advcates,come our time. I've made my choice,and rather than attending an event knowing where the administration stands,on this issue.....I'll stay home,and that goes for all sports

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Penn State Lady Lions Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Penn State To Hold Walk-On Tryouts (Feb '08) Dec '10 Ramona Ramone 14
News Charles dominates, UConn tips Penn St. (Dec '08) Dec '08 psconn 1
News So many issues to resolve (Mar '08) Mar '08 boilerdan 8
News OSU's Lavender Named Co-Big Ten Player Of Week (Mar '08) Mar '08 Wisdom Speaks 1
News Penn State's Portland leaves with mixed legacy (Mar '07) Mar '07 Carol Anne 1
News John Smallwood | Portland case revives unease o... (Mar '07) Mar '07 LANAINFLA 1
News PSU woman's basketball coach resigns : The Morn... (Mar '07) Mar '07 Will 1
More from around the web