PSU's Jay Paterno not concerned about...

PSU's Jay Paterno not concerned about a head coaching job

There are 6 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 18, 2008, titled PSU's Jay Paterno not concerned about a head coaching job. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Jay Paterno feels that some day he could be a head coach, too, just like his famous father.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

dox

Morrisville, PA

#1 Jan 18, 2008
he hit that on the head, HUGE DUD! Joe must be going wacky in his old age if he thinks his son Jay could be a head coach. The only reason he is on the coaching staff is because Daddy is the coach. Everything in life seems to be who you know and not what you know.
Staberdearth

AOL

#2 Jan 18, 2008
''Most people tell me there is no lack of confidence in me,'' said Jay Paterno

That's one of the reasons why they call it Happy Valley... For every Peter Principle, there is a painful living example. In Happy Valley, no one dares tell the coaches' son he reached it a long time ago. It is quite sad that Jay Paterno appears to be out to Lion Lunch...simply doesn't know what he doesn't know... I do not know how Galen Hall puts up with him.
Staberdearth

AOL

#3 Jan 18, 2008
The topic of Jay Paterno and head coaching at PSU came up on one of the major sports message boards late last year. The majority of responders (to be fair, obviously the most motivated and passionate ones)stated that they would, even as ALUMS(!) leave PSU and adopt another college team to support if JAYPA became head coach. The school would be the laughing stock of the college football world...think JoePa Lite...real Lite..as in vacuous vapor.

Let's see what happens here. I recommend a head coaching job at one of the 1A High Schools in the Central PA area...if they'll have him! Make it ceremonial.
PSU bites

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jan 18, 2008
It seems that most of the kids of college and pro coaches nowadays are getting onto coaching staffs and getting coaching opportunities due to their daddies giving them jobs.
Nutt, Paterno, Shanahan, Shottenheimer, etc.
But, this is how life works. It is the old system of your daddy paving your way.
Paterno (Joe) should have packed it in years ago and Jay would have been coaching the secondary for Dubois HS at this point.
Rural Jim

Etters, PA

#5 Jan 20, 2008
It is all nepotism all the time, in State College. Joe Paterno is head coach, SON Jay is quasi-offensive coordinator/quarterback coach. Fran Fisher was the long time voice of the Nittany Lions, SON Jerry hosts the post game call in talk show on the radio, in State College. He is the program "spinmeister." He makes sure that "all is well" even in a brutal loss. Jim Tarman was the long time radio analyst on the Nittany Lions broadcasts, with Fran Fisher. He was later the Athletic Director at The Pennsylvania State University, now SON Jeff is the Producer of the Nittany Lions broadcasts. It never changes. The whole system perpetuates itself with unbelievable NEPOTISM.
Out

State College, PA

#6 Feb 11, 2008
It's almost to the point of absurdity that Jay Paterno is still on the coaching staff! Chad Henne made the best decision of his career going to Michigan where he'll now have a good shot at playing on Sunday's. As much as I would love to see him here, Terrelle Pryor would be best served going elsewhere. We all saw what Jay did with another top recruit - Morelli.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Penn State Nittany Lions NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fartman 2
News Justice will out, but what about Paterno's record? (Nov '11) Nov '11 caroline 3
News Chambers changes the hoops culture at PSU (Nov '11) Nov '11 ems 1
News Surprise coaching search begins at Penn State (May '11) May '11 415TRUTHER 2
News Source: Penn State's DeChellis heading to Navy (May '11) May '11 dufus 5
News On top, close to home | BuckeyeXtra (Mar '11) Mar '11 FLABUCK 2
News Game preview: Ohio State at Penn State | Buckey... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Tommy Hrinz 2
More from around the web