Boilers roll to 8th straight in Big Ten

Boilers roll to 8th straight in Big Ten

There are 166 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Boilers roll to 8th straight in Big Ten. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

There were tense moments Tuesday night, but the 24th-ranked Purdue basketball team finally pulled away from Penn State for a 67-53 victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
NCAA

Ashburn, VA

#163 Feb 6, 2008
Jay W wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind the current sitting leader of the NCAA is an ex-President of Indiana University. I haven't ever heard that he has recused himself from the process that leads to the verdict. Being his office is in Bloomington's back yard, it will be interesting to see what the outcome is.
That being said, when Purdue got their verdict that very same man was moving the office to Indianapolis. Pretty stiff sentence for the allegations, but alas the crime was committed in his back yard. He had to respond, right?
There is certainly no love lose between Myles Brand of the NCAA[formerly at I.U.]and Indiana University. I.U. would do well to expect no mercy,stone unturned and no cost spared when an investigation of I.U. takes place. If I were I.U.,I'd be lining up Sampson's replacement,before anouther coachless university scoops them up. He who hesitates is lost.

You're on the clock I.U.

And time is ticking away.......

Tick...tock...tick....tock...

Can you imagine if I.U. had a Todd Lichleiter,Thad Motta or a Matt Painter? With the talent that I.U. gets,even in bad years,they would be awsome. Fortunately they are saddled with Coach 1-800 sanctions. Some times you get what you deserve. Play with fire,and get burned......or probations.sanctions and suspensions......

NCAA

Ashburn, VA

#164 Feb 6, 2008
well what wrote:
Kelvin was also named coach of the year at OK by the Associated Press, United States Basketball Writers Association and Basketball Weekly. Thats 2 national coach of the year awards. Gene Keady had one memorable recruiting classes. Good recruits lead to competitive teams. That may be part of the reason PU has never won a national championship. Kelvin has already lined up 2 outstanding recruiting classes. Despite our crappy play we are still 18-3, I'm not going to complain about that. We have also been in the power 16 all year long. When is the last time PU has been in the power 16. Enjoy your 1 sweet 16 within the next 4 years. Thats as far as youll go. Guaranteed.
Everyone knows Sampson can recruit. The question is,can he do it with out cheating........and getting caught? Having great talent is only part of the total coaching equasion. I.U. won't put up with it's basketball program being put on probation long.....before it extracts the cancerous tumor,and rids itself of any future problems. Now if we were talking I.U. ping pong/table tennis team,well that's anouther story. Basketball is $$$$$$$$$,the crown jewell of I.U. The third rail of sports in this state. You don't mess with it. Sampson violating basically the same rules at Okl. and I.U. in such a short span of time,says very,very little about his i.q., I'm sure Sampson is a very nice person. I believe he broke one rule too many in too short a time,at the wrong big university.

We'll see
NCAA

Ashburn, VA

#165 Feb 6, 2008
I might add,if Purdue wins in Bloomington in 2 weeks,the NCAA won't be the only one's calling for his head. I wouldn't give a pluged nickle for his job,if Purdue wins that game. I wouldn't mind being in Matt's position too much. He's expected to lose that game,to"a higher ranked team",on the road,with a bunch of freshmen. The preasure is really on Sampson.

Violations + Purdue loss= pink slip
Psssssssssssst

United States

#166 Feb 6, 2008
Pssssssssssssst.....hey, IU.

You haven't a single win against a top 50 team. Here's a tip: The NCAA tourney is loaded with teams in the Top 50. Sorry.
I Itch Down There

Miamisburg, OH

#167 Feb 7, 2008
NCAA wrote:
<quoted text>
There is certainly no love lose between Myles Brand of the NCAA[formerly at I.U.]and Indiana University. I.U. would do well to expect no mercy,stone unturned and no cost spared when an investigation of I.U. takes place. If I were I.U.,I'd be lining up Sampson's replacement,before anouther coachless university scoops them up. He who hesitates is lost.
You're on the clock I.U.
And time is ticking away.......
Tick...tock...tick....tock...
Can you imagine if I.U. had a Todd Lichleiter,Thad Motta or a Matt Painter? With the talent that I.U. gets,even in bad years,they would be awsome. Fortunately they are saddled with Coach 1-800 sanctions. Some times you get what you deserve. Play with fire,and get burned......or probations.sanctions and suspensions......
So you must know Myles Brand personally to know there is no love lost? Of course, you don't know what the _uck you are talking about and are just another sad person who tries to degrade people.
radley34

Jonesboro, AR

#168 Feb 8, 2008
Typical IU fan......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Penn State Nittany Lions NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fartman 2
News Justice will out, but what about Paterno's record? (Nov '11) Nov '11 caroline 3
News Chambers changes the hoops culture at PSU (Nov '11) Nov '11 ems 1
News Surprise coaching search begins at Penn State (May '11) May '11 415TRUTHER 2
News Source: Penn State's DeChellis heading to Navy (May '11) May '11 dufus 5
News On top, close to home | BuckeyeXtra (Mar '11) Mar '11 FLABUCK 2
News Game preview: Ohio State at Penn State | Buckey... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Tommy Hrinz 2
More from around the web