Boilers roll to 8th straight in Big Ten

Boilers roll to 8th straight in Big Ten

There are 166 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Boilers roll to 8th straight in Big Ten. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

There were tense moments Tuesday night, but the 24th-ranked Purdue basketball team finally pulled away from Penn State for a 67-53 victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Purdue fan in Florida

Miami, FL

#1 Feb 6, 2008
My oh my !!! Looks who sitting on top of the Big Ten all by themselves tonight. Purdue....that's who !! Enjoy it guys...you deserve it.

Go Boilers !!
wow

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 6, 2008
I couldn't tell if Purdue was playing Penn State or Butler, the way they kept hitting those threes, but Purdue clamped down and showed why they are the best in the Big 10. Great win! Another test on Saturday.
Arcus Senilus

Redwood City, CA

#3 Feb 6, 2008
So What! A mediocre team in a mediocre league. It's the SOUTHEAST CONFERENCE in football,basketball, baseball, or Badmitton.
jmoyars

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Feb 6, 2008
Good win for the Boilers !!
They passed their first test of being a ranked team.
Hopefully Martin will back shortly. We will need him at full strength to continue this great run in the Big Ten.
Reality Check

Palo Alto, CA

#5 Feb 6, 2008
Arcus Senilus wrote:
So What! A mediocre team in a mediocre league. It's the SOUTHEAST CONFERENCE in football,basketball, baseball, or Badmitton.
"Badmitton"?

Get a dictionary, because you're not even close. Lose the phonetics, son.
Lets Go Hoosiers

Palo Alto, CA

#6 Feb 6, 2008
Purdue all alone at the top of the Big Ten standings.

1 game ahead of IU.

After IU loses at Illinois tomorrow, Purdue will have a 1 1/2 game lead.

And Purdue's played a tougher schedule, as they've already played MSU, Wisconsin, and OSU, all teams with HIGHER RPI RATINGS THAN IU.

IU has only played Wisconsin. And lost.
rationalist

Washington, DC

#7 Feb 6, 2008
Arcus Senilus wrote:
Certainly not academics....

“Irish - and proud of it”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#8 Feb 6, 2008
So what is the condition of Scott Martin. I have read the article and checked other places but there is no mention of his condition or whether he will play against Wisconsin. I just "LOVE" the Star's coverage of Purdue. They keep us fans SO INFORMED....
BOILERBRETT

Crest Hill, IL

#9 Feb 6, 2008
LOOK OUT BADGERS....THE BOILER EXPRESS IS HEADED YOUR WAY. LETS ALL HOPE THAT MARTIN CAN GO SATURDAY. ANOTHER GREAT WIN FOR THE YOUNG BOILERS. THIS TEAM CAN PLAY WITH ANYBODY IN THE NATION AND I LOVE COACH KEADY CALLING THE GAMES. BOILER UP !!
Toxicprof

Briarcliff Manor, NY

#10 Feb 6, 2008
Arcus Senilus wrote:
I don't get this. If the outcome of the game is irrelevant before the game is played why did you even read the story and then bother to reply to it? Are you that lonely, bored or motivated to see you name in print? This is a good team of people who play hard and smart. So next time you feel compelled to whine about them at least post under a more accurate name. How about Queritor Senilus--Old Grouch.
itchy trigger finger

Farmington, MI

#11 Feb 6, 2008
Hmmm..... Another snub on the front page of the IU-Indy Star. Wonder if we will be on the Editorial page when we win the Big Ten. It would be front page news for I Who. How about some recognition Star. We would be happy to be along side (but a little above) the coverage you give for the "Gordon Meter" Wow! And if I were a Notre Dame follower in Indy, I would be really torched. Another Indiana school that gets very little print. I am not an ND fan, but if I were, I'd be writing bloody daggers to the Star. Oh well--GO BOILERS!!! Great job kids and Matt!!!
Woo Hoo Boilers

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Feb 6, 2008
IrishKevin wrote:
So what is the condition of Scott Martin. I have read the article and checked other places but there is no mention of his condition or whether he will play against Wisconsin. I just "LOVE" the Star's coverage of Purdue. They keep us fans SO INFORMED....
Maybe Scott's dad could report to the Star like Gordon's did........oh, wait--maybe he doesn't need his daddy to speak for him. He is in college afterall.
Go Boilers!:o)
Hmmm

Anderson, IN

#13 Feb 6, 2008
Arcus Senilus wrote:
Didn't you change your name from Cranium Inuranus?
Boiler Up

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Feb 6, 2008
Woo Hoo Boilers wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Scott's dad could report to the Star like Gordon's did........oh, wait--maybe he doesn't need his daddy to speak for him. He is in college afterall.
LOL, ha ha, too true. How am I supposed to take Gordon seriously when "daddy" speaks for him all the time? And why would IU allow that to happen?

Oh right, they're too busy monitoring the texts and phonecalls of their coaching staff...
IUB

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Feb 6, 2008
Lets Go Hoosiers wrote:
1 game ahead of IU.
And Purdue's played a tougher schedule, as they've already played MSU, Wisconsin, and OSU, all teams with HIGHER RPI RATINGS THAN IU.
IU has a higher RPI than Purdue.

Congrats on another win Boliers.
What

Crown Point, IN

#16 Feb 6, 2008
Lets Go Hoosiers wrote:
1 game ahead of IU.
You forgot to note that PU's RPI is still lower than IU's.
Jeff

Borden, IN

#17 Feb 6, 2008
Just win baby!

As for iwho star, as long as left-coat is the sports editor this is what you're going to get. He's got loosiers so far up his rear it will take a jack hammer or a grenade to remove them.

Go Boilers!!!
itchy trigger finger wrote:
Hmmm..... Another snub on the front page of the IU-Indy Star. Wonder if we will be on the Editorial page when we win the Big Ten. It would be front page news for I Who. How about some recognition Star. We would be happy to be along side (but a little above) the coverage you give for the "Gordon Meter" Wow! And if I were a Notre Dame follower in Indy, I would be really torched. Another Indiana school that gets very little print. I am not an ND fan, but if I were, I'd be writing bloody daggers to the Star. Oh well--GO BOILERS!!! Great job kids and Matt!!!
John

Lafayette, IN

#18 Feb 6, 2008
itchy trigger finger wrote:
Amen - where's the parity? I guess the trouble is, Purdue and ND people don't buy as many of their papers as do followers of the giant Pitchfork. It's all about the almighty dollar.
The BoilerExpress

Mishawaka, IN

#19 Feb 6, 2008
Woo Hoo Boilers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one!LOL! A little morning humor! Great win! Keep it up guys, we ave four tough games ahead of us!

Since: Dec 07

Mount Vernon, OH

#20 Feb 6, 2008
jmoyars wrote:
Good win for the Boilers !!
They passed their first test of being a ranked team.
Hopefully Martin will back shortly. We will need him at full strength to continue this great run in the Big Ten.
Agree - the Boilers are on a roll!

What does the "...first test..."sentence mean?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Penn State Nittany Lions NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fartman 2
News Justice will out, but what about Paterno's record? (Nov '11) Nov '11 caroline 3
News Chambers changes the hoops culture at PSU (Nov '11) Nov '11 ems 1
News Surprise coaching search begins at Penn State (May '11) May '11 415TRUTHER 2
News Source: Penn State's DeChellis heading to Navy (May '11) May '11 dufus 5
News On top, close to home | BuckeyeXtra (Mar '11) Mar '11 FLABUCK 2
News Game preview: Ohio State at Penn State | Buckey... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Tommy Hrinz 2
More from around the web