College football notebook: Masoli hap...

College football notebook: Masoli happy for new start at Mississipp...

There are 11 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 10, 2010, titled College football notebook: Masoli happy for new start at Mississipp.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

New Mississippi quarterback Jeremiah Masoli knows this is his last chance. Masoli met with reporters yesterday for the first time since joining the Rebels last week and said he understands that the remainder of his college career hangs on his ability to stay out of trouble.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

RWM

Greer, SC

#1 Aug 10, 2010
It appears that Old Miss will do anything to win. With several SEC already under NCAA investigation accepting a troubled quarterback with three bad run in with the law (not just brushes) magnifies what SEC schools will do to win football games.
Terry

United States

#2 Aug 10, 2010
Interesting. No mention of, "(their first Rose Bowl) a loss to Ohio State". When OSU is on the losing end of a big game, is usually mentioned quite prominently.
Heywood Floyd

Carlsbad, CA

#3 Aug 10, 2010
Why is this worthy of being news in the Dispatch? It seems the criminals that deserve the least approbation are promoted by the press and kept in the public eye the most. How about letting the punishment sink in a little bit before rehabilitating the image and getting things back to how they were. As if you promote criminals more than honest people. I'm sick of hearing about Masoli and Clarett too, for that matter.
Buckeyebilly

Nelsonville, OH

#4 Aug 10, 2010
I am sure The SEC and Nutt have the best interest of the kid at heart----the SEC wins because they CHEAT at all corners, I lived in Alabama and that was status quo, "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tyrin"
This is why they sign 30+ kids every year

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#5 Aug 10, 2010
He's a thug and fits in well with the SEC rules
sha zam

Jupiter, FL

#6 Aug 10, 2010
FLABUCK wrote:
He's a thug and fits in well with the SEC rules
It's not the sec rules it's the ncaa rules that allowed this mishap. But if you want to talk about something fitting I'll give you something. You guys with a #2 ranking fits as well and makes about as much sense as whipped cream on a hamburger. I don't think you guys will be in the top two in the big ten this year.
Unrepentant Cynic

Defiance, OH

#7 Aug 11, 2010
sha zam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the sec rules it's the ncaa rules that allowed this mishap. But if you want to talk about something fitting I'll give you something. You guys with a #2 ranking fits as well and makes about as much sense as whipped cream on a hamburger. I don't think you guys will be in the top two in the big ten this year.
Here's something even more fitting: No one cares what you think about anything.
sha zam

Jupiter, FL

#8 Aug 11, 2010
Unrepentant Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's something even more fitting: No one cares what you think about anything.
Apparently you do because you responded.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#9 Aug 11, 2010
sha zam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that, you are lost in the SEC hype down there. Maybe the summer heat is getting to your head? All I know is that pre-season rankings are based on the bowl games last year and who you have coming back this year and the potential for what they can do. With our returning players and an impressive bowl game, there is nobody else that deserves the #2 ranking. Although I agree to a point...they are pre-season rankings and OSU will have to earn it playing 4 top 14 teams in the country this year.
davetherave

United States

#10 Aug 11, 2010
same ol' SEC football----criminals and illiterates
Unrepentant Cynic

Defiance, OH

#11 Aug 11, 2010
sha zam wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you do because you responded.
Only in your own puny little mind. Go suck gator eggs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Oregon NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News QB Darron Thomas likely to start next game for ... (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News JaQuan Lyle not enrolled at Oregon as Ducks beg... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Evansville 1
News Arizona, a 24-point underdog, stuns No. 2 Oregon (Oct '14) Oct '14 jamba 1
News Former Oregon Ducks Tight End Lyerla Earns Tryo... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 59
News PAINTER: Oregon RB Blount should be lauded for ... (Jan '10) Apr '14 Dick McHaffie 5
News No. 2 Oregon runs over Arizona State (Oct '12) Nov '13 Chosen Traveler 6
News Former Oregon Ducks star Cliff Harris to face t... (May '13) Nov '13 PEE PEE PETE 3
More from around the web