OU, OSU getting their money's worth

OU, OSU getting their money's worth

There are 18 comments on the WFAA-TV Dallas story from Feb 15, 2006, titled OU, OSU getting their money's worth. In it, WFAA-TV Dallas reports that:

Dallas billionaire Boone Pickens generated national headlines in January with his $165 million donation to Oklahoma State athletics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFAA-TV Dallas.

JOHN HILLARD

United States

#1 Mar 6, 2006
GO OSU!!!!!
Caleb K

Tulsa, OK

#2 Jul 16, 2006
OSU doesnt deserve anything except losses.
Darren

Columbia, MO

#3 Jul 17, 2006
Caleb K wrote:
OSU doesnt deserve anything except losses.
Well, at least he gave good reasons for his dislike. "OSU deserves nothing because...well, because they're OSU!"

Nothing enrages this group of OU sycophants like being made to realize that not only is there another school in the state but that little brother in Stillwater has a better overall athletic program. OOOO, that burns them. Poor Aggies, indeed!
Sooner Josh

Fort Cobb, OK

#4 Nov 5, 2006
How do you figure they have a better overall athletic program? They only have winning seasons in basketball and wrestling. The first, had a drunk of a coach, and the second is only a couple of gay guys in tight outfits touching each other. What a winning program that is. Even after all of Boone Pickens money, they still can't buy a winning football season. Football is where they real athletes compete. OSU never looks for a title in football. They only look to be OU. That's there bowl game. OU always expects to compete for ntaional titles, as true althletes do. Face it, OSU sucks. Always have, always will. Go Sooners!!
Craig

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Nov 14, 2006
If OSU sucks, then why do they have 48 national championships to OU's 18 dumbass?
OSU Alum

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Dec 3, 2006
We can tell by your grammer and misspellings that you probably never sat foot in a college classroom much less graduated. You are the kind of fan that gives programs a bad name, you crow about their achievements when they win, desert them when they have down years and don't support any other program besides football. When was the last time you went to a basketball game, wrestling match or baseball game? Maybe you couldn't change your shift at McDonalds so you could go. As to your comments regarding our previous basketball coach, OU never had any issues with their coaches or athletes did they? Does the cover of Sports Illustrated w/ a former OU quarterback in handcuffs ring a bell? On the comment of "gay guys in tight outfits" perhaps a couple of sessions with one of those guys might change your mind.
Sooner Josh wrote:
How do you figure they have a better overall athletic program? They only have winning seasons in basketball and wrestling. The first, had a drunk of a coach, and the second is only a couple of gay guys in tight outfits touching each other. What a winning program that is. Even after all of Boone Pickens money, they still can't buy a winning football season. Football is where they real athletes compete. OSU never looks for a title in football. They only look to be OU. That's there bowl game. OU always expects to compete for ntaional titles, as true althletes do. Face it, OSU sucks. Always have, always will. Go Sooners!!
lee

United States

#7 Dec 27, 2006
You people act as if ou and osu are from different states. We should all be very grateful that we have good solid schools to attend and you should be happy that either team does well. The only thing that should matter is that they play for the love of the game. The players and coaches do not make the teams look bad even after a loss. It is the constant bickering of the ugly football fan that keeps the trash going. Try being loyal to all your state teams and support oklahoma the state.
DAN STJOHN

Norfolk, NE

#8 Dec 27, 2006
SEE THESE SOONER IDIOTS PICK SHIT WITH ANYONE THAT WILL LISTEN. READ SOME OF THE EARLIER POSTINGS ON OTHER TOPICS. I READ ONE WHERE A PROFESSED SOONER FAN WAS STATING SHE/HE WAS EMBARRASSED BY ALL OF THE CRAP COMING OUT OF OTHER SOONERS. I HOPE THERE ARE SOME SOONER FANS THAT KNOW THE TRUE MEANING OF SPORTSMANSHIP. THIS IS A GAME. THIS SHIT REMINDS ME OF WHY THEY GIVE THOSE LITTLE LEAGUE SPEECHS AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY SEASON TO THE PLAYER'S PAENTS. I'M GLAD THAT LITTLE EXCHANGE TOOK PLACE FOR EVERYONE ELSE TO SEE. PATHETIC!!!

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

#9 Dec 27, 2006
Craig wrote:
If OSU sucks, then why do they have 48 national championships to OU's 18 dumbass?
Hey on a side note USC,UCLA & Standford have close to 100 Team NCAA National Championships EACH, just thought I would throw the PAC-10 in for fun! OK go back and continue your fighting.

Referee Joe =)
HskrFan for OSU

Lincoln, NE

#10 Dec 28, 2006
Hello....NO COWBOY BOWL Radio coverage?
What's up with the fact that I cannot find today's game anywhere on web radio?
I've searched everywhere on the net trying to find the radio coverage for the Cowboy's football game today...(even looked on the rolltide.com website.) Egads! This is pathetic!
Come on Big XII administration, surely our conference can afford to have radio coverage for all of our teams that appear in bowl games...can't we??
Rick

United States

#11 Dec 29, 2006
I totally agree with OSU ALUM from Owasso. Where I work (EDS) in Tulsa, most of the people are OU fans. However, out of every 10, probably two actually attended the aformentioned university. Besides that, everything that OSU ALUM said is true with regard to OU support for their other programs. I follow OSU in pretty much all their sports. Seems like whenever football season ends, you hardly hear a peep out of the OU fans. As for OSU fans, they pretty much talk about the different sports year around. By the way, I attended OSU for well over a year and my dad is an OSU grad. GO POKES!!!
jeff

Dewey, OK

#12 Apr 23, 2007
all osu fans should be ashamed of themselves, OU was here first and is the best there is.osu is a cheap knock off of ou
OU Alum

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Jul 4, 2007
OSU Alum makes fun of OU fan for "grammer." Well, I'll make fun of you for your spelling of grammar.*points and laughs at OSU Alum* douchebag.
AngusKMann

Muskogee, OK

#14 Aug 11, 2007
OSU Alum wrote:
Does the cover of Sports Illustrated w/ a former OU quarterback in handcuffs ring a bell?
<quoted text>
Actually, OSU Alum (sic) it does "ring a bell." But what totally "blows the bull horn" is the fact that illiterate Dexter Manley was granted a degree from your esteemed “University.” Truly pathetic. Further, I would not admit to anyone that I am an OSU Alum (or alumni) as that is a title that can be shared with the said illiterate Mr. Manley.
"So easy a caveman can do it" should apply to Poke State's degree programs as well as discount automobile insurance.
PeanutGallery

AOL

#15 Aug 12, 2007
Hey OSU how many football national championships do you have?
...whats that? ur good at baseball and wrestling!
no crap, but baseball and wrestling aint where the money and the national coverage goes though, so you can keep it.....

Beat Georgia this fall(In football) and i might have more respect for your school.
scotty

Washington, DC

#16 Aug 13, 2007
Craig wrote:
hey isn't this a football forum?

“BOOMER SOONER !!”

Since: Dec 06

Lagrangeville

#17 Aug 14, 2007
Welcome back to Sooner Land my friends!!
Gotta love this time of year...only better is late fall!! I recall OSU when a guy named Jimmy Johnson (aka, U of M, Dallas Cowboys), coached and we had Barry. We would have it out over these same issues way back then. Nothing really changes, only the names.
And talk about change, wow, no respect for Boise, out the gate at 23rd in the preseason poll. OU again getting the love at #8, thats without even knowing who is going to QB yet. Tradition is a beautiful thing boys!
It really does not matter who gets the job, they surrounding talent is so deep on all sides anyway. If we can get by OSU late in the year, we be bowling for the marbles in January!!

Long time and many possible inuries until then, but it looks really, really good right now!

Go Sooners!
OFF THE SUBJECT

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Sep 9, 2007
Does anyone know the music that the football team for Oklahoma State uses for their entrance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma State Cowboys NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Set in Stone? Five-star center closing in on de... (Nov '14) Nov '14 csmosher 1
News OSU's Marshall Moses Signs To Play In Poland (Jul '11) Jul '11 Big fan 1
News Anderson aiming to please (Oct '10) Oct '10 tedeze 1
News Rape accusations for OSU basketball player (May '10) May '10 Momof4 9
News Cowboys Fall To Georgia Tech In NCAA Tournament (Mar '10) Mar '10 Eddie 6
News All-Big 12 Teams Announced (Mar '10) Mar '10 JoeBrown 1
News Cold Shooting Cowboys Fall At College St (Mar '10) Mar '10 Hot NCAA News 1
More from around the web