IUPUI's Hunter up to his ears in dona...

IUPUI's Hunter up to his ears in donated shoes

There are 73 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 24, 2008, titled IUPUI's Hunter up to his ears in donated shoes. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

IUPUI basketball coach Ron Hunter got his pedicure, his game victory and, as a bonus, more athletic shoes than he'll ever be able to carry to Africa in July.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Crownhilldigger

Des Plaines, IL

#1 Jan 25, 2008
Way to go Coach you are a fine citizen of the world and IUPUI and the city of Indianapolis are lucky to have such a class act! We are so much more fortunate than the rest of the world. Thanks for taking the time to remind us and for doing not talking. Although barefoot you really walk the talk!
IU 4 EVER

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 25, 2008
Coach that is one of the greatest ideas we have ever heard of. Indy is lucky to have you. Maybe Bob and Tom will step up and help out too. Are you reading this Chick McGee !!! Mr my own special room for my 300 plus pairs of Nikes.
Peter

Marysville, OH

#3 Jan 25, 2008
I hope IU President McRobbie and the IU Board of Directors takes special note of Coach Hunter and awards the highest IU Medal and acknowlegment possible...IU is the luckiest to have this Godlike man working along with them...What a national/international inspiration is his, to put it mildly...
Peter

Marysville, OH

#4 Jan 25, 2008
sorry Coach "he" not "his"

Since: Jan 08

United States

#5 Jan 25, 2008
This story is wonderfully refreshing. Most of the headlines are full of murder, robbery, beatings... death and destruction.

CThis man is a class act. This is a perfect example of how one person can truly make a difference. Thanks, Coach!
But what about

Redford, MI

#6 Jan 25, 2008
the socks!!!
Terry D Smith

Camby, IN

#7 Jan 25, 2008
Incredible ! What an amazing act of kindness and caring . IUPUI should expect great things . They are going to blessed . Amazing things will happen for coach Hunter .
I just

Dayton, OH

#8 Jan 25, 2008
Love this city and the community members that reside in it. Great Job Hunter, and great job IUPUI students who also helped out with this. You should be proud.
wow

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jan 25, 2008
coach hunter you are an inspiration to us all, and what is right about college sports. thank you for being such a great citizen and representiative of this city!
Big D in Indy

United States

#10 Jan 25, 2008
I wouldn't count on the team going to Africa. The NCAA brass will probably say NO and again prove that they have no heart.
totally impressive

Fort Wayne, IN

#11 Jan 25, 2008
this rocks!
Imagine being a citizen in our own city this past week, with inadequate shoes. It's painful to even consider. It seems like a small thing--but actually, it's huge.
The Who

United States

#12 Jan 25, 2008
Don't know too much about Coach Hunter except I do now know he is a class act !!!!!!

Way to go coach !!!
LKH

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jan 25, 2008
It's truly amazing what a positive influence can accomplish! Perhaps Coach Hunter could volunteer to teach the Pacers' some manners
Frosty

Roanoke, IN

#14 Jan 25, 2008
Doesn't this story make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
Jared

Duncan, OK

#15 Jan 25, 2008
Love this story!!!

Maybe the folks at UIndy, Butler, and Marian College will get on board this bus, too? Wouldn't THAT be something?!?!!?

SOMEONE who reads these comments simply has to know one of the above coaches personally. If you do, mention it to them!
indyfosterparent

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jan 25, 2008
Finally some GOOD news in the paper! Way to go Coach!
WTF

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jan 25, 2008
Maybe Goodwill should donate all the shoes that they don't sell that were donated to them to begin with. Used shoes are better than no shoes. This is such an awesome thing to be doing.
Tim

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jan 25, 2008
Way to go coach Hunter!!

Not so sure the Department of Homeland Security should be involved though.
Proud Christian

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Jan 25, 2008
Wonderful act of kindness!!
Carolina Colts Fan

Rocky Mount, NC

#22 Jan 25, 2008
A few years ago, I chose to part ways with IUPUI and their athletic program when they chose to end the Baseball program so that they could have more money to push the Basketball program into Division I. Coach Hunter's actions have shown with this one act that it may well have been worth it. I would still like to see them re-start the baseball program, however having a man like Coach Hunter as the face of IUPUI athletics is something that all colleges should aspire to have. Go Jags (Metros!)!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Golden Grizzlies NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News OSU men's basketball: Oakland not shy about sch... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Buckeyesarethatgood 4
News Ohio State-Oakland preview | BuckeyeXtra (Dec '10) Dec '10 Southern Ohio Buc... 1
News Detroit Pistons Draft Dreams: Cole Aldrich (Mar '10) Mar '10 crazywhiteboy 1
News No title (Dec '09) Dec '09 jjj 2
News Bradley Braves hope to seize the CIT moment (Mar '09) Mar '09 Bradley Braves Fo... 1
News Ajawara to carry torch at Games (Apr '08) Apr '08 naruto5 4
News Kangas shoots 'Necks out of tournament (Mar '08) Mar '08 dave masterson 1
More from around the web