An Entirely Too Premature and Optimis...

An Entirely Too Premature and Optimistic Look at Notre Dame Football in 2011

There are 66 comments on the www.rakesofmallow.com story from Feb 13, 2011, titled An Entirely Too Premature and Optimistic Look at Notre Dame Football in 2011. In it, www.rakesofmallow.com reports that:

Browse more photos>> Projecting how a season will go this far in advance is almost guaranteed to go poorly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.rakesofmallow.com.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#41 Mar 3, 2011
alan wrote:
<quoted text>notre dame lives in a glass house with its ignoring coeds rapes!they ignore queers like you also.hiding behind notre dames money and influence doesent change the program.it just shows that south bend turns its ear away from what goes on at notre dame.with all its money to buy and bribe the football team still sucks!
I can see you LSU guys have no place to post but Notre Dame topics since there isn't anything of interest going on at LSU warrant a topic but once every other month. Welcome aboard. We'll show you the ropes of being fans of the most well known and successful college football team in History.

“Women Love me, even yours”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#42 Mar 8, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional would be an undertatement.
I agree with you on that one, well I am pretty sure everyone does.

Location hidden

#43 Mar 8, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see you LSU guys have no place to post but Notre Dame topics since there isn't anything of interest going on at LSU warrant a topic but once every other month. Welcome aboard. We'll show you the ropes of being fans of the most well known and successful college football team in History.
From what I have seen, The most uneducated of the fans are for LSU. They all seem to be the type that can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Probably just some low life trailer trash.

Location hidden

#44 Mar 8, 2011
They are just trying to ride on Notre Dames fan wagon.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#45 Mar 8, 2011
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have seen, The most uneducated of the fans are for LSU. They all seem to be the type that can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Probably just some low life trailer trash.
ya hit the nail on the head

Location hidden

#46 Mar 22, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
ya hit the nail on the head
Just being truthful

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#47 Mar 22, 2011
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>
Just being truthful
that you were.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#48 Mar 22, 2011
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have seen, The most uneducated of the fans are for LSU.
You missed last year's April Fool's prank that one of our regulars pulled on the resident troll who happens to be a LSU fan. He had "it" believing LSU's field was being converted to purple turf.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#49 Mar 22, 2011
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed last year's April Fool's prank that one of our regulars pulled on the resident troll who happens to be a LSU fan. He had "it" believing LSU's field was being converted to purple turf.
LMAO

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#50 Mar 22, 2011
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was it, I don't remeber that, might have been durring one of my breaks, I usually take one for a couple of months right after the Spring Game.

Hey Hugh, CPEM has been on here a long time, he isn't a moron like a lot of the LSU fans.

Burn, baby, burn!

#51 Mar 22, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was it, I don't remeber that, might have been durring one of my breaks, I usually take one for a couple of months right after the Spring Game.
It was MBD if I recall correctly.
Hey Hugh, CPEM has been on here a long time, he isn't a moron like a lot of the LSU fans.
I'm also not a LSU fan. Nor am I a LSU hater. Thanks for the kind words, BD.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#52 Mar 22, 2011
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
It was MBD if I recall correctly.
<quoted text>
I'm also not a LSU fan. Nor am I a LSU hater. Thanks for the kind words, BD.
I was meaning that the LSU fans are usually the most removed from reality of fans on here.
They wouldn't be looked down on so much if they would sensationalize and would make factual statements or didn't try to pass opinion on as fact, when it isn't.

Burn, baby, burn!

#53 Mar 23, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was meaning that the LSU fans are usually the most removed from reality of fans on here.
They wouldn't be looked down on so much if they would sensationalize and would make factual statements or didn't try to pass opinion on as fact, when it isn't.
I thought you were calling me a LSU fan. I needed to take like 3 showers after that.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#54 Mar 24, 2011
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were calling me a LSU fan. I needed to take like 3 showers after that.
The problem is that there just really is nothing to respect at LSU. It has a lot to do with the fans too, they in general have been the least informed on here. They actually never talk about the ends and outs of their programs, ever. They usually just generalize and follow it with "the SEC is the best". Their identity is the SEC, not LSU. I assume there isn't much to talk about when it comes to LSU, They are like a cousin of a famous person.

Location hidden

#55 Apr 10, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that there just really is nothing to respect at LSU. It has a lot to do with the fans too, they in general have been the least informed on here. They actually never talk about the ends and outs of their programs, ever. They usually just generalize and follow it with "the SEC is the best". Their identity is the SEC, not LSU. I assume there isn't much to talk about when it comes to LSU, They are like a cousin of a famous person.
That's just the SEC, they think that because someone else is the conference is good that makes them good when it just isn't true. You are good or you aren't. That would be like saying your chevy mini van is fast because the chevy corvette is fast.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#56 Apr 10, 2011
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just the SEC, they think that because someone else is the conference is good that makes them good when it just isn't true. You are good or you aren't. That would be like saying your chevy mini van is fast because the chevy corvette is fast.
if your not fast in the SEC you get killed...

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#57 Apr 10, 2011
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>if your not fast in the SEC you get killed...
That is the biggest myth. They aren't faster than Oregon or a bunch of PAC 10/12 or Big 12/10 schools. They are more atheletic though and there is a different mentality. What helps the SEC is that they are able to enroll a bunch of kids that are borderline at best academically. Where this is a major benefit is along the defensive line. They traditionally have big, fast D front's that allow them to only rush 4. It makes everyone else on the D better. The Southeast also produces great DB's. I would love for Notre Dame to be able to recruit more in Mississippi and Alabama more but the avg public school kid could never score well enough to get accepted and that sucks because while most would stumble under the academic pressure, there are some that would strive because they were never challenged that way before. We have some high school kids here locally that are physically more mature and their football skills are better than we have now but they would never make it academically.

Location hidden

#58 Aug 24, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the biggest myth. They aren't faster than Oregon or a bunch of PAC 10/12 or Big 12/10 schools. They are more atheletic though and there is a different mentality. What helps the SEC is that they are able to enroll a bunch of kids that are borderline at best academically. Where this is a major benefit is along the defensive line. They traditionally have big, fast D front's that allow them to only rush 4. It makes everyone else on the D better. The Southeast also produces great DB's. I would love for Notre Dame to be able to recruit more in Mississippi and Alabama more but the avg public school kid could never score well enough to get accepted and that sucks because while most would stumble under the academic pressure, there are some that would strive because they were never challenged that way before. We have some high school kids here locally that are physically more mature and their football skills are better than we have now but they would never make it academically.
So many of them have poor offenses. Arkansas has an exciting one.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#59 Aug 24, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like your team but I respect you way to much to do something like that.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#60 Aug 24, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>if your not fast in the SEC you get killed...
Everyone has fast. In the SEC it is mostly on D and everywhere else it's on offense

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Notre Dame NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NCAA tournament brings out clutch players' tale... Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Rarity that Oakville won't boast top-tier champ... Feb '15 GTA 1
News The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC? (Aug '07) Jan '15 Chosen Traveler 49,305
News Notre Dame makes it to Nashville with plenty of... Dec '14 Guest 1
News Notre Dame Football Faces QB Conundrum Dec '14 ND Irish 1
News ASU Football: As excitement builds for matchup ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 JIM 1
News Like it or not, Jerry Jones has Cowboys on the ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 8
More from around the web