MAC preseason football poll favors Ce...

MAC preseason football poll favors Central Michigan

There are 16 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jul 29, 2008, titled MAC preseason football poll favors Central Michigan. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Central Michigan is favored to win its third MAC football title in a row in a preseason poll from the MAC News Media Association.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

dan

AOL

#1 Jul 29, 2008
you would think the ABJ could write up a little more about this confrence expecially beeing in Akron
hdawg

United States

#2 Jul 29, 2008
I like Ball State to take the MAC this season. They're loaded on offense, and Brady Hoke is a very good coach.
BigMAC

Richfield, OH

#3 Jul 29, 2008
They (the ABJ) probably will... this story is just the first press release. Then again, considering the projection for Roo-Town ... what's there to write about? Wow, I thought the Zips would be better than that!
Precarious QB

Chagrin Falls, OH

#4 Jul 29, 2008
It all comes down to Akron's QB play. It was downright attrocious last season. The rest of the team is quite strong and deep. If the Zips get good QB play they're going to win the MAC. If they get the same level of QB play as they got last year, then yes, I think the conference's prediction will sadly hold true.
Word to the Wise

Lakewood, OH

#5 Jul 29, 2008
And if the Zips fulfill this poll's forecast, JD Brookhart should be on the next bus out of Akron. Remember, HE recruited these QBs, and if they're not Div-1 quality, that falls on HIM. UA has provided top-flight facilities and support, and this guy has shown time after time that he is NOT a big-game coach, cannot make halftime adjustments, does not have his team prepared to start the game, and relies on a frantic scramble for onside-kicks and luck in the final two minutes to keep it close.

This was one of the worst hires for UA, as they attempt to upgrade the various programs.
Kimbo Slice

Dayton, OH

#6 Jul 29, 2008
Brookhart is piss poor....his offense makes me want to puke...runs the same broke down offense that gets no where, not to mention Jaquamein and the other QB's are aweful.
big buckeye daddy

United States

#7 Jul 29, 2008
I would like to see JD's record against any of the previous 5 or 6 coaches...I'll bet he has a higher w/l record pct than any...he also has a win over NC State, a bowl game and other things Akron fans haven't seen in a long time...if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't even have a new stadium...he has upgraded the program considerably. He's also a very good person!
Word to the Wise wrote:
And if fulfill this poll's forecast, JD Brookhart should be on the next bus out of Akron. Remember, HE recruited these QBs, and if they're not Div-1 quality, that falls on HIM. UA has provided top-flight facilities and support, and this guy has shown time after time that he is NOT a big-game coach, cannot make halftime adjustments, does not have his team prepared to start the game, and relies on a frantic scramble for onside-kicks and luck in the final two minutes to keep it close.
This was one of the worst hires for UA, as they attempt to upgrade the various programs.
Joe Luther

AOL

#8 Jul 31, 2008
Thios year Mac Champs 12-0
BCS Bowl bound Ball State!
Joe Luther

AOL

#9 Jul 31, 2008
Hdawg couldn't agree with you more, but it will all come down to two games for the cards to have a possible perfect season. The table is set if they can win two tough road games Sept 20 @ Indiana and Nov. 19th @ Central Michigan.
Could the Cards be this years Boise State!
ron

Glenwood, IL

#10 Aug 1, 2008
NIU will have something to say as to who wins the MAC west.
BobbyC

Chagrin Falls, OH

#11 Aug 5, 2008
Davis is one stud of a QB. But he and the Cardinals fall to the Zippers at the Rubberbowl this year!
Joe Luther

Anderson, IN

#12 Aug 5, 2008
Akron will have a good year but not against the cards and the six preseason all americans and three first and second round picks in the 2009 NFL draft. I just hope that the MAC makes alot of non-conference noise this year.
BobbyC wrote:
Davis is one stud of a QB. But he and the Cardinals fall to the Zippers at the Rubberbowl this year!

Since: Feb 08

Akron, OH

#13 Aug 5, 2008
big buckeye daddy wrote:
I would like to see JD's record against any of the previous 5 or 6 coaches...I'll bet he has a higher w/l record pct than any...he also has a win over NC State, a bowl game and other things Akron fans haven't seen in a long time.
Here is the last 4:
JD 22-26

Owens 40-61

Faust 36-49-3

Dennison 80-62-2
http://www.walsh.edu/jimdennisoncoachings.htm
Joe Luther

Milwaukee, WI

#14 Aug 6, 2008
You did South Bend a favor by assuring employment for Faust.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#15 Aug 14, 2008
Good luck Toledo Rockets!!!!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#16 Oct 17, 2008
Wow, who would have thought two monthe after this post that the Rockets would have pulled off the stunner of the decade. Go Toledo!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northern Illinois University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings Draft Targets: Jimmie Ward Visits (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News The Hype Train vol 1-- NIU's Jimmie Ward (Jan '14) Jan '14 viking nation 1
News Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Footba... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Brenda 1
News Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Footba... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Brenda 1
News Heisman: Winston, Manziel, Lynch among 6 finalists (Dec '13) Dec '13 I THOT THE HEISMAN 1
News NIU passes Fresno St in BCS standings; Ohio St 3rd (Nov '13) Dec '13 Janitor 3
News No. 18 N Illinois beats W Michigan 33-14 (Nov '13) Nov '13 enroh45 1
More from around the web