Northern Illinois 34, Gophers 23: Hus...

Northern Illinois 34, Gophers 23: Huskies' Chad Spann runs wild aga...

There are 45 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 25, 2010, titled Northern Illinois 34, Gophers 23: Huskies' Chad Spann runs wild aga.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

RECAP: Minnesota had a solid drive going to start the game but had to settle for Eric Ellestad's 28-yard field goal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bison fan

West Fargo, ND

#41 Sep 26, 2010
please do not fire brewster and if you must please wait until after my bison play you again next season. thanks the fcs loves brew
kabob

Saint Paul, MN

#42 Sep 26, 2010
Maybe Minnesota would be better off bowing out of the Big 10 and joining another conference. Hey, I heard the Big 12 is looking for applications!
The Loon

Chisago City, MN

#43 Sep 26, 2010
I do not believe one of the assistants would get "more out of this program", nor did I suggest such a thing. However, I did suggest that if the Bruinicks thinks for one second that this is not going to get very ugly in a hurry if he stonewalls reality, he is mistaken. Today Brewster is saying basically that losing all seven home games would not mean that he is a failure as the Head Coach at the U. That he superiors would understand. This is just a sample of what we are going to get at an ever increasing rate over the next eight weeks. And why are we going to be doing this? To preserve the illusion that this coach and AD are not totally incompetent? Is everyone nuts!? Can't everyone see what the Iowa game is going to smell like??!!?
Mike

Saint Cloud, MN

#44 Sep 28, 2010
The Loon wrote:
I do not believe one of the assistants would get "more out of this program", nor did I suggest such a thing. However, I did suggest that if the Bruinicks thinks for one second that this is not going to get very ugly in a hurry if he stonewalls reality, he is mistaken. Today Brewster is saying basically that losing all seven home games would not mean that he is a failure as the Head Coach at the U. That he superiors would understand. This is just a sample of what we are going to get at an ever increasing rate over the next eight weeks. And why are we going to be doing this? To preserve the illusion that this coach and AD are not totally incompetent? Is everyone nuts!? Can't everyone see what the Iowa game is going to smell like??!!?
It's not an illusion. They're bad, and they might win 2 games if things go right. But the winnable games are also on the road. At this point, all you can do is start fishing around to see who's interested and who's going to be available. Brewster will try to tell Maturi that "his guys" were young and needed a year of experience and that he should get another chance, plus he can recruit again. I think we've all seen enough to know that although Brewster might be a good recruiter and position coach, he's out of his league as a head coach at this level. And that's not being mean. Way more coaches are out of their league at this level than successful. It just seems that we find more than our share of them at Minnesota. But this one is on Maturi, and he should go too. He had a chance to hire a "big time" coach like he did with Tubby, and he hired Brewster. His fault, his job. The only sports that have done well the past 2-3 years at the U is volleyball, wrestling and baseball. Mens basketball might make the jump, but mens hockey is in the tank and so is womens basketball. They can't all do well at the same time, but what's going on is not good.
wtf

San Francisco, CA

#45 Sep 28, 2010
Did Brewster get replaced yet?? Certainly the patience of the alums has to be wearing thin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northern Illinois University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings Draft Targets: Jimmie Ward Visits (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News The Hype Train vol 1-- NIU's Jimmie Ward (Jan '14) Jan '14 viking nation 1
News Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Footba... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Brenda 1
News Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Footba... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Brenda 1
News Heisman: Winston, Manziel, Lynch among 6 finalists (Dec '13) Dec '13 I THOT THE HEISMAN 1
News NIU passes Fresno St in BCS standings; Ohio St 3rd (Nov '13) Dec '13 Janitor 3
News No. 18 N Illinois beats W Michigan 33-14 (Nov '13) Nov '13 enroh45 1
More from around the web