Redskins' tuned-out Snyder shocks wit...

Redskins' tuned-out Snyder shocks with Zorn

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 16, 2008, titled Redskins' tuned-out Snyder shocks with Zorn. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Zorn, a career quarterbacks coach, had not been considered head coaching material by anyone outside of Redskins Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Scott Plocharczyk

Hickory Hills, IL

#1 Feb 16, 2008
Adams would be a nice upgrade to the Bear's O-line.
Terry

Rochester, NH

#2 Feb 16, 2008
Snbyder has a terrible reputation as an owner who not only don't KNOW nothin', he don't even SUSPECT nothin'. And he doesn't let that stop him from interfering at every possible opportunity. Hiring Zorn seems from here to be a desperation move because noone else wanted the job. If he lasts two seasons I'll be surprised. Snyder seems to be channeling Al Davis.
Colin

Redmond, WA

#3 Feb 19, 2008
I'm not going to defend the hire because I agree that it is a huge stretch! But, let's all remember that all of this is what was said when the Packers hired Mike McCarthy... and they were in the NFC Championship game this year.

Just an interesting parallel.
joe schmoe

Woodinville, WA

#4 Feb 20, 2008
please check your facts zorn has served as an offensive coordinator before
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Zorn
OCHOA

Stockton, CA

#5 Feb 20, 2008
Just one question how could you be a quarterback in the 70's and not have called any plays? That's why I wouldn't want Fassel to be my head coach either to bad you has a know it all sportswriter didn't catch that either.
ZornFan

Whitefish, MT

#6 Feb 20, 2008
Get your facts straight. Zorn was offensive coordinator at a small college for two years, so he does have play calling and offensive coordinating experience. Give the guy a break.

And what is so wrong with Snyder passing on a group of retreads, has-beens, and never-were's like Fassel, Marriuci and company? Mariucci inherited a Super Bowl team and augered it straight into the ground.

Andy Reid made the jump from qb coach to HC and did pretty well. Names dont mean much. Performance does. Zorn will be judged by his performance.
Jerry Curl

Mount Laurel, NJ

#7 Feb 20, 2008
It also must be noted that the QB coach in Mike Holmgren's system has a lot more responsibility in the offensive game planning than on most teams. Andy Reid was also one of Holmgren's QB coaches that never called plays for an NFL team. People killed the Eagles for that hire at the time, but he's been one of the winningest coaches in the league since 99. I think Jim Zorn will be a really good Head Coach some day, but I don't see anyone having success in DC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northern Illinois University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings Draft Targets: Jimmie Ward Visits (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News The Hype Train vol 1-- NIU's Jimmie Ward (Jan '14) Jan '14 viking nation 1
News Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Footba... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Brenda 1
News Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Footba... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Brenda 1
News Heisman: Winston, Manziel, Lynch among 6 finalists (Dec '13) Dec '13 I THOT THE HEISMAN 1
News NIU passes Fresno St in BCS standings; Ohio St 3rd (Nov '13) Dec '13 Janitor 3
News No. 18 N Illinois beats W Michigan 33-14 (Nov '13) Nov '13 enroh45 1