Coach Tim Brewster's seat gets hotter...

Coach Tim Brewster's seat gets hotter after another ugly Gophers loss

There are 211 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 25, 2010, titled Coach Tim Brewster's seat gets hotter after another ugly Gophers loss. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Tim Brewster was asked during fall camp if he felt the harsh criticism being directed at him was warranted going into his fourth season as the University of Minnesota's football coach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Mark

Holbrook, AZ

#2 Sep 25, 2010
This is a new low for the program. Brewster needs to go sooner than later.
DLN

Des Moines, IA

#3 Sep 25, 2010
Why is Brewster still here? He should have been fired after the South Dakota game.
Ryan

West Fargo, ND

#4 Sep 25, 2010
Load Brewster into a rocket and fire it into the sun. The fact that he still has a job is utter insanity.
Jonathan

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Sep 25, 2010
just FYI, we were chanting Fire Brewster throughout the game as we have all three home games...
Dog_Eat_Dog

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Sep 25, 2010
What does it take to can this guy?, Corporate loyalty run amok!

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Sep 25, 2010
Maturi will take a stand now to show he is upset, he will fire the intramural badminton coach
Let it be said

Eden Prairie, MN

#8 Sep 25, 2010
At least last year we had the Vikings the next day to pick us up... This could be a long winter...
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Sep 25, 2010
oxboro wrote:
Maturi will take a stand now to show he is upset, he will fire the intramural badminton coach
A) Intramurals don't have coaches
B) The U doesn't offer badminton as an intramural sport
No End In Sight

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Sep 25, 2010
Let Brewster stay, he is the only coach who will even want to coach here in Minnesota. Most other good coaches have no interest here unless they are forced to like Tubby Smith in basketball.

Besides the next coach will not make any difference in the win column, he just won't be a cheer leader as Brewster.
C R A P P Y

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Sep 25, 2010
Jonathan wrote:
just FYI, we were chanting Fire Brewster throughout the game as we have all three home games...
That's why he decided to lose another easy win game. He was sick and tire of the Golden Goofers fans wanting his head. I would lose to if the fans turn on me. I'd take this team to a winless season just to shove it in the fan's face before I leave the university.

Crappy fans along with crappy University along with crappy weather along with crappy football program.
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Sep 25, 2010
No End In Sight wrote:
Most other good coaches have no interest here unless they are forced to like Tubby Smith in basketball.
Tubby Smith could have had the Iowa or Michigan job.
Northern Gopher

Park Rapids, MN

#13 Sep 25, 2010
He can't coach, plain and simple. There should be signs of improvement in the fourth year of a coach and they are going backwards. There is no reason that this team isn't 3-1 or better, other than coaching.

Since: Mar 10

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2010
so how long until the gophers are on espn's "bottom 10" list?
Wow

Lakeville, MN

#15 Sep 26, 2010
Never in the history of Gopher Football that I remember, starting in the 1960's, have I seen fans chant to fire the coach and most everybody left the "new" stadium...Maturi, open your eyes, Brewster and his horrible staff and recruiting are ruining Gopher Football! Get a successful MN H.S. or College head coach and get something going here! I mean his big recruit was the small back out of Florida/Texas who described himself as "Barry Sanders" uhhhh, where are ya Barry? A QB, Gray, who plays wide receiver and who else?
justme

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Sep 26, 2010
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a joke for what it is...
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Sep 26, 2010
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a joke for what it is...
Joel Maturi doesn't even oversee intramurals. There is a department of rec sports for that. Doesn't make sense.
comancheese

Eau Claire, WI

#18 Sep 26, 2010
Brewster is not the only problem. Maturi sucks as well.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Sep 26, 2010
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
get a life
Dave F

United States

#20 Sep 26, 2010
When I was a student at the U in the early 80's I promised that I would live long enough to see the Gophers win a Big 10 championship and go to the Rose Bowl. I'm 50 years old now and wondering if I can hang on long enough to see it happen.
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Sep 26, 2010
The Goophers will never ever never go to the Rose Bowl because the Goophers S*U*C*K and so does Goopher Nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northern Illinois University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings Draft Targets: Jimmie Ward Visits (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News The Hype Train vol 1-- NIU's Jimmie Ward (Jan '14) Jan '14 viking nation 1
News Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Footba... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Brenda 1
News Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Footba... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Brenda 1
News Heisman: Winston, Manziel, Lynch among 6 finalists (Dec '13) Dec '13 I THOT THE HEISMAN 1
News NIU passes Fresno St in BCS standings; Ohio St 3rd (Nov '13) Dec '13 Janitor 3
News No. 18 N Illinois beats W Michigan 33-14 (Nov '13) Nov '13 enroh45 1
More from around the web