Seantrel Henderson lives up to the hype of being the nation's top recruit

It's a few minutes before sunrise, morning dew soaking the manicured grass of the Miami football complex, and offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland is shouting encouragement as the biggest Hurricanes run through drills. Read more
why is this under Gophers

United States

#1 Oct 20, 2010
This is another example of why the PP is a rag. I didn't even read the article, I read the headline becuase it was under the Gophers. The PP loves CDH and they love to rub the Gophers' nose in it every chance they get. If it wasn't for their liberal policies of posting almost anything on their message board, you couldn't even give this crap away for free on the internet.
Charely Walters cares

United States

#2 Oct 20, 2010
Charley has a new CDH grad to fawn over. If I were the hendersons I would change my phone number and move now or they can expect Charley to drop in once a week.
The Loon

Chisago City, MN

#3 Oct 20, 2010
He sounds like he is at a place that suits him.
FMC651

Onalaska, WI

#4 Oct 20, 2010
I don't care to read about players from minnesota who don't want to go play at the U. Its their choice to play wherever. I just don't want to read about it. Why is it all the top Cretin kids never sign with the U?
E Tarde

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Oct 21, 2010
FMC651 wrote:
I don't care to read about players from minnesota who don't want to go play at the U. Its their choice to play wherever. I just don't want to read about it. Why is it all the top Cretin kids never sign with the U?
I don't know why either because they sure have the track record of running a top notch program.
TTT

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 21, 2010
FMC651 wrote:
Obviously because MNs got an all talk but no walk for a coach. Blame it on the 1-11 seasons. It's like telling a kid to come and lose and get used to it for 3-4 years. No thanks.
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Oct 21, 2010
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Henderson is a troublemaker just like his up until recently MIA old man.
Kramer

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Oct 21, 2010
What has Seantrel done that would label him a troublemaker?
Wow

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 21, 2010
Do not understand why all this hatin' on a young man who is taking advantage of his God-given talent and who has worked hard to reach a goal?

Call it what you want, but the racism on this comments page runs both ways--damned if you do well and double damned if you don't if you are a black guy.
andy g

Chicago, IL

#11 Oct 22, 2010
Wow wrote:
Do not understand why all this hatin' on a young man who is taking advantage of his God-given talent and who has worked hard to reach a goal?
Call it what you want, but the racism on this comments page runs both ways--damned if you do well and double damned if you don't if you are a black guy.
I'll bet more frustration than anything...more a case of Cretin Hatin'(easy to do) anyone who thinks their crappola don't stink is a very inviting target..and their love of running the score up doesn't hurt either..(some things never change)
There is, however, a very well defined double standard for black kids in St Paul...when they do succeed they get a ration and when they have some issues..."well you know, he never was much and look at his family and all"...he isn't Irish Catholic enough.
Lord knows, those twerps are perfect...saw plenty of contradiction to that back in my days pubcrawling at a Jefferson St watering hole that was the hangout for a substantial amount of coaching staff members and shirt tail little alums....Cretin is a good recruiting school...the demographics of the student body at the City Conference schools will answer as to why...
St Paul=Little Chicago, just like Minneapolis=New York...one has a dead downtown and the other has a vibrant one...attitudes towards race are eerily similar. Seantrell rejected Brewster and took an option that will make him a very rich young man..that no doubt irks some folks....my guess is that Mason could have recruited him much better than Brewster based on his track record of getting his linemen a shot at the next level.
Shady went to the U, how is that workin for him?
65erz

United States

#12 Oct 25, 2010
The reason that kids like Seantrel don't stay here to go to the U of M is pretty simple: They want the most exposure and the best chance to win football games. I like the Gophers as much as the next guy, but if my kid had a shot at a full ride scholarship at a school that produces NFL players on a regular basis, I'm not keeping the Gophers number.

You can blame that on the Gophers athletic department I guess. I'm just speaking pragmatically. Seantrel Henderson has a great chance to be a star not only in College, but the NFL as well.

And contrary to some comments, I've never seen or heard anything about him being a trouble maker. I'm also not from Cretin or have any particular love for that school. Just the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of North Carolina NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UNC Basketball: What Tar Heels Must Prove in Fi... Feb '15 tanya 1
News UNC Basketball: How Tar Heels Stack Up with the... Dec '14 Repeatly 1
UNC Game Watch (Sep '14) Sep '14 MattWright 1
News Voter Integrity Director: Rolls Filled With Ill... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Jay DeLancy 1
This Will Go Down On Your Permanent Record (Apr '14) Jun '14 IdeasandTruth 3
James Daye Sports Commentary (Mar '14) Mar '14 IdeasandTruth 1
News Does Milwaukee have what it takes to beat 'Nova? (Mar '14) Mar '14 shamiyah 1
More from around the web