Knights fall 85-80 to North Carolina in women's NCAA Tournament

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The UCF women's basketball team was competitive, but the Knights couldn't clip national power North Carolina.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Stupid Flanders

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 21, 2009
 
I liked the way the women played tough until the final buzzer. This team will be a force for the next couple of seasons.
wow

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 21, 2009
 
looks like our girls gave them a run for the money...way to go UCF
wow

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 21, 2009
 
all freshmen and sophomores this year...just means watch out the next 2 years. and...a top 100 recruit next year coming in?? the lady knights are looking up!!
Orlando Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 21, 2009
 
Very impressive showing by the UCF women. No upperclassmen on this team and a heralded recruit coming into the fold next season.

Hey Speraw, time to step your game up. If the women can win C-USA there's no reason why the man can't do it also.
UCF 96

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 21, 2009
 
Yet another UCF defeat.

Since: Sep 07

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 21, 2009
 
UCF 96 wrote:
Yet another UCF defeat.
Crawl back in your troll hole

Since: Sep 07

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 21, 2009
 
Orlando Resident wrote:
Very impressive showing by the UCF women. No upperclassmen on this team and a heralded recruit coming into the fold next season.
Hey Speraw, time to step your game up. If the women can win C-USA there's no reason why the man can't do it also.
There is a reason why UCF men's teams have not won CUSA....that reason is Memphis. And Memphis just signed the top recruiting class in the nation this year.
Hold On Now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 21, 2009
 
Great job, ladies. Hard work, young team, never-say-die attitude...hopefully the football team was watching and learning.
UCFAlumn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 21, 2009
 
Next year the ladies will reach higher milestone.....to be continued.
Orlando Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 21, 2009
 
UCFGrad wrote:
<quoted text>There is a reason why UCF men's teams have not won CUSA....that reason is Memphis. And Memphis just signed the top recruiting class in the nation this year.
Are you suggesting that UCF's coaching staff can't recruit on the level of Memphis? Because if you are, then we agree more than we disagree.

The women's program is attracting Top 100 talent in only her second year. How long has Speraw been at UCF?

Since: Sep 07

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 21, 2009
 
Orlando Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that UCF's coaching staff can't recruit on the level of Memphis? Because if you are, then we agree more than we disagree.
The women's program is attracting Top 100 talent in only her second year. How long has Speraw been at UCF?
If Memphis just signed the #1 ranked recruiting class in all of college basketball, then it stands to reason that almost no team in all of college basketball(UNC, UCLA, UConn, ect) can recruit on their level. But Kirk just signed the highest rated prospect in the history of UCF: K Clanton #42 ranking by ESPN + the #1 shooting guard in Louisiana. And Coach Speraw has been handcuffed with a very low recruiting budget compared to the rest of CUSA and has just recently gotten a place to play to attract higher ranked prospects. Those are the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••