Doty's Recovery A Joint Effort

Doty's Recovery A Joint Effort

There are 6 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 24, 2009, titled Doty's Recovery A Joint Effort. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The season will continue for the No. 1 UConn women tonight against Cincinnati without Doty, just as it did Monday at North Carolina .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

FREDDYKOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#1 Jan 24, 2009
GREAT TO READ THAT THERE IS SUCH GREAT SUPPORT FOR OUR LOVELY MS. DOTY.

Since: Mar 08

Gloucester, MA

#2 Jan 24, 2009
Is it not surprising that many talented HS basketball players want to play UConn Women basketball. Given the example of the support for the players, Geno and his staff are examples of classy coaches who truly care for the girls both on and off the court. Doty could not be in a better organization during her rehab. Get well soon, Caroline. We look forward to your stelar play next year. In the meantime, you'll inspire the team with your upbeat attitude and work ethic to get better.
Mike_From_Connec ticut

AOL

#3 Jan 24, 2009
My best wishes go out to Caroline Doty.I am hoping for a full recovery..She is going to be a huge part of the Uconn future.Just listen to the doctors and listen to Geno because he will make you an unbelievable player by the time you are a senoir. She did an excellent job for us this year, it is very difficult for a freshman to make the Uconn starting rotation, expecially this teams rotation,, so its obvious that she can play, and the geno thinks the world of her....Get well soon Caroline, we all miss you in husky land
Caroline Lover

Keezletown, VA

#4 Jan 24, 2009
It takes a Community!!! The community of UConn Women, and we are all over this Nation. And we are all behind Caroline in her REHAB.

Caroline, you may never know the thousands upon thousands of people almost every state that are rooting for you and who love you.

We sincerely, wish you the very best and hope your pain is minimal and that you are soon back at full speed.
Uconn Phan

Keezletown, VA

#5 Jan 24, 2009
DonCC:

It is amazing to me that Geno and his recruiters don't make more press on how they care for every single girl who opts to play for UConn.

As a parent I'd want my daughters to play for Chris, Geno, Shea, Jamelle and the staff of UConn. They are driven to work hard and to be their best in school and on the floor. They are treated as royalty in first class transportation and in first class hotels.
No other fans have such a love affair with ALL the players of UConn.

Why wouldn't a Woman want to play at UConn???

Geno is called all kinds of names; some from his former player who come back to bathe in his light. But this man, with the terrible mouth, is a very, very, very decent and caring man. This is why we love him, winning is nice, but caring for his people is much better.k
Bill Leland

Florence, AL

#6 Jan 24, 2009
Caroline, you have a one-man fan club way out in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I'm a native of Germantown in Philly, rooting for you all the way. Hang in there--you have a great career still ahead!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of North Carolina NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec '17 Ink Pharted 4
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar '17 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Bath phart 2
News No. 5 North Carolina pulls away for 83-68 win o... (Nov '16) Nov '16 I love it 1
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA (May '16) May '16 predators still o... 1
News UNC pep band finds internet fame with dance-off (Mar '16) Mar '16 Abrahamanic Relig... 3
News UNC Basketball: What Tar Heels Must Prove in Fi... (Feb '15) Feb '15 tanya 1