N. Carolina tars Michigan State, 89-72

N. Carolina tars Michigan State, 89-72

There are 42 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 6, 2009, titled N. Carolina tars Michigan State, 89-72. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

North Carolina has beaten Michigan State 89-72 to win its fifth NCAA basketball championship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“LET'S GO RED WINGS!!”

Since: Aug 07

America

#1 Apr 6, 2009
Great Game! Way to go Tar Heels!
AverageJoe

Denver, CO

#2 Apr 6, 2009
GO NCU!!!!

Wooo Hooo State Sucks!
Domer

Metairie, LA

#3 Apr 6, 2009
Now will sparty please shut up?

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#4 Apr 6, 2009
Massacre in Motown!

Of course it wasn't unexpected - we should all be use to seeing those kind of blowouts at Ford Field.

Nice job North Carolina - you made State look like a high school team! Congratulations!:)
Big 10 B

Rossford, OH

#6 Apr 6, 2009
Congrats NC, but one thing is true. You lived up to your potential, MSU went beyond. They slew two other giants and made every attempt to slay a third. They can hold their heads high as they represented the Big 10 well. Nice season MSU.
Dontbestoopid

Kalamazoo, MI

#8 Apr 6, 2009
Proud to be a Spartan, congrats on a great season and a tip of the cap to the Tar Heels and the refs who made sure every call went their way tonight.
MSUFAN

Denver, CO

#9 Apr 6, 2009
Dontbestoopid wrote:
Proud to be a Spartan, congrats on a great season and a tip of the cap to the Tar Heels and the refs who made sure every call went their way tonight.
Amen to that. It's always great when you have the refs in your back pocket.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#10 Apr 6, 2009
Still proud of those Spartans!
Allen Edwards in KY

Thelma, KY

#11 Apr 6, 2009
WAY TO GO TARHEELS!! YOU MADE US PROUD.

Tyler Hansborough and Ty Lawson showed people who was boss. LOL!
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#12 Apr 6, 2009
Dontbestoopid wrote:
Typical fan of the Big Ten, get blown out in the first five minutes, get out played in every aspect of the game, get manhandled by a superior team and then some idiot fan states the refs, had something to do with it. With that attitude, no wonder the state of Michigan is in as bad of condition as it is. Congradts to the Tar Heels who went into Michigan, in front of the HIV kid and beat the Spartans like a Red Headed Step Child.

By the way, in the immortal words of Magic Johnson, The Tar Heels have Acquired a Win.
Kathy

Jackson, MI

#13 Apr 7, 2009
Congrats to NC. They earned their win.

I am still an MSU fan and MSU played well! After all someone has to get second place which isn't that bad at all- They were in the final 4 playoffs!

Since: Oct 08

Littleton, CO

#14 Apr 7, 2009
Only one win away . . . first loser is not bad in this situation considering what it takes to get there. . . Good Job MSU . . . maybe next year . . .
Sarcasm

Eagle, MI

#15 Apr 7, 2009
Where do these jerk athletes from NC come off staying in school for all four years... they all should have been in the pros. Great season Sparties!!!!!!!! I predict number one in the preseason polls next year, with 7 of our 11 man rotation coming back. I knew we were in trouble last night when listening to the pregame- "Huge" said we looked exhausted form the hype of the previous ten days.

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#16 Apr 7, 2009
To all of the haters out there, that's fine have your fun. I am still proud of Izzo and this team and Michigan State University. If they had to go down, at least it was to a great program like that of North Carolina. Nearly every member of this team will be back next year, not to mention some great recruits. Last night they were outplayed by a seasoned team that was more confident and hungry after having their asseshanded to them in last year's semifinal. Rip on State all you want, but no team has a better tourney record over the last 12 years and they have done it with class and with pride. Thank you Tom Izzo for what you do for my Alma Mater and for what you do for those student athletes. Go Green! Go White! Congratulations Tar Heels, you deserved this one!

“THINK before you speak”

Since: Apr 08

mayberry usa

#17 Apr 7, 2009
I am so proud of the kids from MSU! They had a fantastic year and played their hearts out. 2nd out of how many teams, plus a great regular season. Nothing to be ashamed of! Izzo himself said the Tar Heels were the best team in the country. GO MSU! You made us Spartans proud.
bunnee

Canton, MI

#18 Apr 7, 2009
spartanman wrote:
Last night they were outplayed a team that was more confident
And I really think that is what it boiled down to; The Spartans buckled at the knees; It definitely could have been better
Richard

Liverpool, NY

#19 Apr 7, 2009
Good for them! Michigan was over confident and needed to be put down.
Nancy

Allegan, MI

#20 Apr 7, 2009
Lighten up "Voice of Reality" what this boils down to is, it's just a game- Dude- you need to get a life!
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical fan of the Big Ten, get blown out in the first five minutes, get out played in every aspect of the game, get manhandled by a superior team and then some idiot fan states the refs, had something to do with it. With that attitude, no wonder the state of Michigan is in as bad of condition as it is. Congradts to the Tar Heels who went into Michigan, in front of the HIV kid and beat the Spartans like a Red Headed Step Child.
By the way, in the immortal words of Magic Johnson, The Tar Heels have Acquired a Win.
regularguy

Grand Haven, MI

#21 Apr 7, 2009
spartanman wrote:
To all of the haters out there, that's fine have your fun. I am still proud of Izzo and this team and Michigan State University. If they had to go down, at least it was to a great program like that of North Carolina. Nearly every member of this team will be back next year, not to mention some great recruits. Last night they were outplayed by a seasoned team that was more confident and hungry after having their asseshanded to them in last year's semifinal. Rip on State all you want, but no team has a better tourney record over the last 12 years and they have done it with class and with pride. Thank you Tom Izzo for what you do for my Alma Mater and for what you do for those student athletes. Go Green! Go White! Congratulations Tar Heels, you deserved this one!
Well said Spartanman. MSU did a great job and knocked down 2 #1 seeded teams to get to the final. The game could have been a little more enjoyable to watch on TV if announcer Clark Kellog had not been so obviously biased toward N Carolina. Maybe next year.
pjdutchville

United States

#22 Apr 7, 2009
Richard wrote:
Good for them! Michigan was over confident and needed to be put down.
Exactly WHAT game did Michigan play in last night? Michigan STATE played in the NCAA Final. I wasn't aware that the Wolverines were scheduled to play.

Congratulations to North Carolina AND MSU. Unfortunately, the Spartans were beaten last night by the superior team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of North Carolina NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA May '16 predators still o... 1
News UNC pep band finds internet fame with dance-off Mar '16 Abrahamanic Relig... 3
News UNC Basketball: What Tar Heels Must Prove in Fi... (Feb '15) Feb '15 tanya 1
News UNC Basketball: How Tar Heels Stack Up with the... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Repeatly 1
UNC Game Watch (Sep '14) Sep '14 MattWright 1
News Voter Integrity Director: Rolls Filled With Ill... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Jay DeLancy 1
This Will Go Down On Your Permanent Record (Apr '14) Jun '14 IdeasandTruth 3
More from around the web