Injury Shifts Focus For No. 1 UConn V...

Injury Shifts Focus For No. 1 UConn Vs. No. 2 UNC

There are 26 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 19, 2009, titled Injury Shifts Focus For No. 1 UConn Vs. No. 2 UNC. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Syracuse, thoughts of tonight's showdown between No.1 UConn and No.2 North Carolina centered on one variety of transition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike_From_Connec ticut

AOL

#21 Jan 19, 2009
Here is my prediction,,its about an hour and a half away from game time.. We are not going to lose..Our players do not even think about losing much less say it..Wouldn't it be funny if all this talk about a close game turns out to be a big time Husky blowout of the tar heels. I say what if we just go out there and blow them off their own court?? What you people dont think we can? You guys dont think we can win by 20 or even 30 points against North Carolina?? Well I think we can..There is no way they are going to be able to stop Maya, Rennee, and Tina all at the same time..Plus we have a very healthy Kalana greene..WE ARE GOING TO WIN,,, AND I WILL NOT BE SURPRISED IF WE TREAT NORTH CAROLINA LIKE WE DO EVERYBODY ELSE..BLOWOUT......BLOWOUT.. NOW HOW IS THAT FOR BEING COCKY......
rooski1

Knoxville, TN

#22 Jan 19, 2009
LadyHuskyFan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wrong because UConn won the last game last year. Hey, anything can happen any time. Whichever team shows up and wants it more will win. I am certain that this will become "the series" for women basketball every year. I would like to correct you on your other point- the big east is the toughest conference for both men and women's basketball.
1) I was referring to the past 3 or 4 time that UNC and UC met. NOT the last game.
2) You would be surprised at how little interest there is in this game outside of UNC and UC. It will never be the series that UT vs UC was.
3)I never said that the SEC was the best conference, although if you look at the past 25 years it most certainly has been. I never mentioned the men. I said that we had the toughest total schedule year in and year out. Just look at the NCAA power ranking every year when the NAAA's SOS come out.
4) UT has been called many things by it opponents over the years, but it is strange that only a few UC "fan"
s" call us classless.I travel thru the USA for my job, and I am amazed at the number of people who go out of their way to praise the LV's. When you put us in with Rutgers, I think you show your "CLASS" or lack of. I have never met a UC fan in person who expressed your claim, and I have met several hundred over the years at the UC vs UT games at Knoxville. They all wanted to beat us, but they never said we didn't have class.

Other than these few points, I thought your post was excellent!
FREDDYKOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#23 Jan 19, 2009
LadyHuskyFan wrote:
It seems UConns freshamn class is shrinking. This is the third freshman we lost this season (EED, Healther Buck, and now Caroline). Other than Caroline's unfortunate injury, it is too bad that we will never know the potential of the starting five. I am sure the other players will step up, but it is so sad that UConn's true potential, like last year will not be realized. However, I am sure Geno will make the best possible adjustments. The timing of this could not be worse (not that there is ever a good time). UNC vs UConn match up will not be a "true test" after all. I am heart broke for both Caroline and the team.
UCONN IS GONNA WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THE TARHEELS!!!!
FREDDYKOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#24 Jan 19, 2009
rooski1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it seems that it is just happenning to UC, but that is far from the truth. Women BB players in general are having more ACL's problems than men, no matter how good your Strength& Condidtioning coach. Within the past 18 months, 3 Lady Vol's have had ACL surgeries. The LV's starting Soph guard just had to "retire" because of her injuries. I just hope your Doty doesn't have to "retire" also. The second time on the same knee is really tough. Candy Parker had two on the same knee and came back, so there is hope for Doty. I look forward to the game tonight. Just got a 46" plasma flat screen, and this will be the first game I watch on it. I briefly thought about waiting for a LV game to be first( hate for UC to be first on anything involving womens BB), but the LV don't play for several days. I will just get a better view of the Huskies first (and hopefully not last) DEFEAT! I thought it would be a toss up until Doty got hurt. Now I have to think that UNC will be a definit small favorite. Triple overtime victory for UNCF.
"WRONG"
FREDDYKOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#25 Jan 19, 2009
rooski1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just bored at home. Big snow here and not much going on the UT blogs. I wouldn't trade(that is what envy means)UT's championships and victories for UC's. I do owe you a "I am sorry" for my harsh post awhile back. Not like me at at all. I do enjoy your posts for the most part. I like talking facts, not trash. What are predicting the score to be tonight? I think UNC gets you guys by about 3-5 points. They have home court, you lost Doty, and they have been beating your team the last couple of times you played. Tell me why my prediction is wrong.
"WRONG AGAIN" OH ROCKY TOP!
mike

Dallas, NC

#26 Feb 3, 2009
I hate the tarheels and I lived in nc all my life a matter of fact basketball sux

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of North Carolina NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA May '16 predators still o... 1
News UNC pep band finds internet fame with dance-off Mar '16 Abrahamanic Relig... 3
News UNC Basketball: What Tar Heels Must Prove in Fi... (Feb '15) Feb '15 tanya 1
News UNC Basketball: How Tar Heels Stack Up with the... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Repeatly 1
UNC Game Watch (Sep '14) Sep '14 MattWright 1
News Voter Integrity Director: Rolls Filled With Ill... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Jay DeLancy 1
This Will Go Down On Your Permanent Record (Apr '14) Jun '14 IdeasandTruth 3
More from around the web