IU recruits put on impressive show

IU recruits put on impressive show

There are 80 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 2, 2007, titled IU recruits put on impressive show. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indiana University basketball player Lance Stemler sat courtside Thursday night, his red IU cap turned backward.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Louisville, KY

#66 Aug 4, 2007
Forums are funny
ptduff

Lansing, MI

#67 Aug 5, 2007
Mark wrote:
All of you dumb IU fans are forgetting the middle of the article. The second prized recruit is ineligible just like I have been telling everyone. Eli "No"man.....great recruiting.
Also, they played a bunch of high school kids going no where... come on people, get real...
Uh, Dummy? That read eligible, not ineligible.
Clayton Masters

Bloomington, IN

#68 Aug 5, 2007
MARKIEEEEEEE. Are you out their hidding or what? We're waiting for a responce.
Clayton Masters

Bloomington, IN

#69 Aug 5, 2007
MARKIEEEEEEE. Are you out their hidding or what? We're waiting for a response.(Sorry mis-type.)
johnny

United States

#70 Aug 5, 2007
Sounds kind if fishy to have un-signed players playing for the IU recruits.
pacers101

Independence, KY

#71 Aug 5, 2007
TJoe Ferbe wrote:
Personally, I am English and
I ware Orange on ST.Patrick's day!
so you're the type of person who likes to oppress catholics. nice thing to be proud of
pacers101

Independence, KY

#72 Aug 5, 2007
well at least we know they can score. but I'm glad IU will finally have a low post presence. well I mean to compliment DJ. no more weak ass ben allen, and 6'3" shooting guards(moye, but he did play with indiana hart and passion) playing in the post. hopefully IU is getting back on track.
that UK billboard in S. Indiana, thats a byproduct of the lost (mike davis) years. Sampson will get that turned around. I'm not an IU only fan. I like all Indiana teams, yeah even including the mastadons. and I follow any team that has an Indiana kid on their team. but I really like this IU team. nat champs, well don't know bout that yet, but I like their chances, couldn't really say that past few years.
ND football, like I said, if it's from Indiana I like, but 0-7 in bowl games past 10 years. maybe you should focus on getting your progam on track rather than bashing someone who's excited about theirs.
pacers101

Independence, KY

#73 Aug 5, 2007
Clayton Masters wrote:
MARKIEEEEEEE. Are you out their hidding or what? We're waiting for a response.(Sorry mis-type.)
he got pwnd *20, he ain't going to show his face round here, unless with another alias
Lucky number 5

Benton Harbor, MI

#74 Aug 6, 2007
Most of the IU hopeful will find out in the near future of what is instore for these young Hoosiers, but isn't nice to ponder on what this will bring to Indiana and the Big Ten for future years.
hawk

Beresford, SD

#75 Aug 6, 2007
IU will be lucky not to lose twice to the hawkeyes. You're not that good.
Brooke

Clawson, MI

#76 Aug 6, 2007
Does anyone know if the IU recruits are going to play near Evansville Indiana?
Tom Potter

Valparaiso, IN

#77 Aug 8, 2007
I wish I knew where the other games will be played. Sounds like coach has us pointed in the right direction.
AAU COACH

Covington, OH

#78 Aug 8, 2007
Kalvin Sanctions is playing games all of the time.
Yeah right

Indianapolis, IN

#79 Aug 8, 2007
hawk wrote:
IU will be lucky not to lose twice to the hawkeyes. You're not that good.
They said the same thing last year during football season - I remember IU beating them at home. It was funny seeing all the hawkeyes full of tears. You don't have anyone that can guard White or Gordon. I guess we'll see (you crying after losing that is).
Yeah right

Indianapolis, IN

#80 Aug 8, 2007
AAU COACH wrote:
Kalvin Sanctions is playing games all of the time.
Very creative, slanderous comment. He was caught making phone calls and text messages - get over it! He served his punishment - move on with your life.
AAU COACH

Covington, OH

#81 Aug 8, 2007
I will be long gone and forgotten within a few years. I would put money on it!
IU COMPLIANCE DEPT

Covington, OH

#82 Aug 8, 2007
WE NEED A VACATION!
Woody Boyd

Bloomington, IN

#83 Aug 8, 2007
Barnstorming not for Boilermakers

UPI: August 8, 2007

West Lafayette, IN- Coach Matt Painter and the Purdue athletic department declared today that the men's basketball team would not be particpating in any barnstorming tours across Indiana in the near future. The announcement came in the aftermath of a preliminary trial conducted by the team's coaches and players at a nearby farm outside Lafayette. Coach Painter characterized the exercise as "personally satisfying on some level but not quite consistent with our goals for the program".

According to the release issued jointly by the Purdue University Department of Athletics (PUDA) and the School of Law Enforcement, new members of the men's basketball team and the coaching staff reinforced by criminal justice majors stormed a local dairy barn in the early morning hours this last Sunday in full riot gear with assault weapons. " Although this was a one-time deal, I am happy to report that contray to popular opinion the incoming players in our 2007 class can indeed hit the broadside of a barn door", said Painter. "All of our freshmen recruits made their marks on the barn and outbuildings and Robbie Hummel in particular showed that he's deserving of his reputation for marksmanship by lofting a couple of tear gas canisters into the second story loft from downtown" .

Painter said that though he now understood why some coaches held annual barnstorming tours that even if Purdue chose to make it annual aspect of team training and practice that Purdue still wouldn't tour or need to since their were more than enough barns around Lafayette. "That's just another great thing about this campus - we'll never have to go on the road to find enough barns". He continued, "No question that it was exhilirating and a definite positive for building team spirit and camaraderie, but its just too much preparation for only a few minutes of actual drill. On the positive side we absolutely own that barn, especially since we had to pay for it afterwards, and just need to figure out how to translate that onto the court".

As planned, no cows were injured in the assault although the cows' owner, Needmore Haggus, reported that as of yesterday none of them had given milk in three days. "i'd like to support the team however I can but I just don't reckon this barnstorming business will hunt", said Mr. Haggus. "My cows are undone, my wife's about to have one and my barn looks like 9/11".

Painter added that the farmer's distress made it clear why some schools have to travel so far each summer to find avaiilable venues for barnstorming but remained optimistic about local prospects if Pudue should decide to revisit the activity.'People have a lot of wrong ideas about Lafayette and the University just because it's a locust for studying things like engineering and agriculture and uh, boilermaking, but it's more than that. Most folks round here are in fact simple minded, hard-working, God-fearing sons and daughters of the pioneers - you know, morons, and if we need barns to storm for the good of Purdue basketball, we'll have them in plenty, especially since the Univeristy has already contacted the city and county to see about passing a local ordinance to insure that only local ordnance is used in any future barnstorming".

Posted on 8/8 12:45 PM | IP: 24.192.54.59

BOILER UP YOURS

----------
CHAMPIONAPOLIS COLTS

United States

#84 Aug 8, 2007
AAU COACH wrote:
I will be long gone and forgotten within a few years. I would put money on it!
LMFAO, i still love seeing whiny crybaby weak crylini fans obsessing on this board. must suck to have a big fat ZERO TITLES in that fake azz assembly hall huh? if my team ( IU ) was as pathetic as illinois, id be as jealous as you so i can understand the jealousy. imagine going 37-2 and STILL NOT WINNING A RING HAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait, i can go back to 2005 to see that HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you JOKES will NEVER win a championship, and once ron zook puts your even more pathetic football team on probation, its game over for sure, good night bannerless little illini fan, oh by the way, the COLTS kicked your BEARS ass in the superbowl as well, go suck on that for awhile HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AAU COACH

Covington, OH

#85 Aug 9, 2007
CHAMPIONAPOLIS COLTS wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO, i still love seeing whiny crybaby weak crylini fans obsessing on this board. must suck to have a big fat ZERO TITLES in that fake azz assembly hall huh? if my team ( IU ) was as pathetic as illinois, id be as jealous as you so i can understand the jealousy. imagine going 37-2 and STILL NOT WINNING A RING HAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait, i can go back to 2005 to see that HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you JOKES will NEVER win a championship, and once ron zook puts your even more pathetic football team on probation, its game over for sure, good night bannerless little illini fan, oh by the way, the COLTS kicked your BEARS ass in the superbowl as well, go suck on that for awhile HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sorry, not really an Illini fan or a Bears Fan. Just an interested bystander. More of a Colts fan at this time. Don't like the stupid looking red and white warmups at IU. They look pretty gay. Coaches at most Big 10 schools look pretty stupid at times. Look at Thad Motta and his gum incident. Kalvin Sanctions will look real stupid at the end of the season if he does not win the Big 10 or make it to the final four.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Orleans Privateers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aggies land point guard (May '11) May '11 Oops 20
News Pair of Division I guards transfer to EKU (Jun '10) Jun '10 Michael E 2
News University of New Orleans basketball team tries... (Dec '09) Dec '09 OldPrivateer 1
News Yep, LeBron drives fast down lane (Jan '08) Jan '08 PrizeCarVal 112
News Pat's Beside the Point: Yep, LeBron drives fast... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Paul in Kent 3
News No title (Jan '08) Jan '08 Suzanne 2
News Cavs offed by offense (Dec '07) Dec '07 Andy 10
More from around the web