IU recruits put on impressive show

IU recruits put on impressive show

There are 80 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 2, 2007, titled IU recruits put on impressive show. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indiana University basketball player Lance Stemler sat courtside Thursday night, his red IU cap turned backward.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sampson the Great

Florence, KY

#1 Aug 3, 2007
Just a little over a year on the job, and Coach Sampson has steered this program back on track. Lets just put an astereisk next to 1996-2006 (save for 2002) The sleeping giant has awoken.
IU Fan

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 3, 2007
Let's hope Thomas's team mates steer him to the saladbar when school starts. Hopes to play @ 290 is crazy.
Sir Charles saw the light when he went pro. We don't need a another round mound of rebound. Coach Lynch is looking for some D-line help.
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

#3 Aug 3, 2007
IU Fan wrote:
Let's hope Thomas's team mates steer him to the saladbar when school starts. Hopes to play @ 290 is crazy.
Sir Charles saw the light when he went pro. We don't need a another round mound of rebound. Coach Lynch is looking for some D-line help.
290 isnt that much really. DJ is 260+. Ben Allen is probably 250+.

Sounds like some great D was played in this one. I guess its just a scrimmage, so who cares. Nice to see Bud Mackey telling those UK fans to backoff. They are still after him pretty heavy. We should be one of the deepest teams in the Big Ten next year, with nearly 2 full squads you could roll out there and not have too much drop off. Deep and loaded with good young talent. Plus another crop of good players coming in next year. This is the first season of the beginning of the 25+ win seasons. In just one year we actually have some legitimate post-player depth and not 15 shooting guards. Its impressive to see where Sampson has been able to take us in such a short time.
DSprigler

Laketon, IN

#4 Aug 3, 2007
It was awesome display of talent and a exicting game to see.
Rock on Hoosiers

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#5 Aug 3, 2007
They gave up over 100 points!!!! Now, offense is fun to watch but defense wins championships. I realize it was exhibition but if you haven't quit playing offense, why have you given up on defense. These young me are going to be a terrific team (probably for 1 year) but they will not win a championship if they don't play strong defense.
Sam Samsonite

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Aug 3, 2007
It's great to be a Hoosier fan. I can't wait until the season is here, it will be one hell of a ride!

God Bless our great Hoosier Nation.
Sampsonite

Tallahassee, FL

#7 Aug 3, 2007
Rock on Hoosiers wrote:
They gave up over 100 points!!!! Now, offense is fun to watch but defense wins championships. I realize it was exhibition but if you haven't quit playing offense, why have you given up on defense. These young me are going to be a terrific team (probably for 1 year) but they will not win a championship if they don't play strong defense.
Yes offense is great to watch, and this was an exhibition, but we have to rememeber who their coach will be in the fall.... Kelvin Sampson! Sampson's bread and butter is defense. I remember at Midnight Madness that he told the crowd that they will play defense, they did that this year, and we shouldn't expect anthing different. Defense does win championships, and Sampson's defense will translate into easy buckets for these young guns next year. Go Hoosiers!
Jeremy

Columbus, IN

#8 Aug 3, 2007
Purdue, the Big Ten, and the rest of the country are in a lot of trouble this year. We are stacked!
PURDUI

United States

#9 Aug 3, 2007
It is going to be a MAGICAL year . GO HOOSIERS !!!
Bob

Fort Wayne, IN

#10 Aug 3, 2007
Go Ray McCallum Jr.! His father is one of the persons who is not always mentioned as he should be.

Intelligent, poised, and one who has taken his talent from Muncie Central to the top!

I pray nothing but the best for his son. If basketball works out for him and he plays like his father, he will be another 5"9 who played like he was 6'9
Bob

Fort Wayne, IN

#11 Aug 3, 2007
Rock on Hoosiers wrote:
give them a break...this is exhibition season and good will for Hoosier fans. Rest assured, after some practices, they will be defense minded!

Go Hoosiers!
Ted

Pittsboro, IN

#12 Aug 3, 2007
Rock on Hoosiers wrote:
Must of not watch many IU games last year.
Irony

Carmel, IN

#13 Aug 3, 2007
Sampson the Great wrote:
Just a little over a year on the job, and Coach Sampson has steered this program back on track. Lets just put an astereisk next to 1996-2006 (save for 2002) The sleeping giant has awoken.
Yeah save 2002 when IU and Mike Davis made it to the final game by beating...Kelvin Sampson.
24 Fan

Milwaukee, WI

#14 Aug 3, 2007
Sam Samsonite wrote:
It's great to be a Hoosier fan. I can't wait until the season is here, it will be one hell of a ride!
God Bless our great Hoosier Nation.
Yeah, it's only 29 days until kickoff and they're adding on to the stadium! Oh, you mean BASKETBALL season.
Brick Tamland

Bloomingdale, IL

#15 Aug 3, 2007
Irony wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah save 2002 when IU and Mike Davis made it to the final game by beating...Kelvin Sampson.
...AND #1 ranked Duke and Coach K.
cooper

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Aug 3, 2007
who wouldn't look good if you scored 140 points!! easy to pad the 'ol stat sheet. if you want to get carried away by "how good they played", then you must look at the lack of defense also. can't have it both ways.
NewAlbanyJEFF

Euclid, OH

#17 Aug 3, 2007
Yeap, I was there in my home gym watching what might be the best basketball player ever to wear a Hooiser uniform! He's all that and more. I took some video and will be posting some of it on YouTube, you can goto www.youtube.com/jeffrobodine1947 to see them in a couple of days or sooner. I tried to get a break away dunk but I wasn't as lucky as I was at Conseco when I got a video of one of his dunks, that's on my site at YouTube. I might not have time today because I'm getting ready to head up to Ruben F. Glick Little League Baseball Center; Stokely Field to see New Albany's Little Leaguer's represent Indiana in the Super Regional Tournament. New Albany, I mean "Team Indiana" beat Michigan last night 7-1 and play Wausau Wisc today at 4:30 pm. Isn't it great to beat Michigan, our N.A. boys put that dent in them, LOL. Come on out and help us; N.A. i.e. "Team Indiana" get to the Little League World Series! You Indy people can help out your southern neighbors can't you? After all we are down here fighting at the border against UL and worse the Kentucky kitty cats!!!!! We are holding our own!!!
Right

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Aug 3, 2007
Slow down folks, This was a pickup game with 246 total points scored. Everyone knows IU will have weapons offensively. Holman will not be playing against guys all 5 inches shorter. Gordan will be playing against guard as tall or taller and as quick or quicker.

IU will find its defense more important than 15 of 27 from the floor for Gordon. Defense and rebounding against equal or better talent (and much more experienced) in the Big Ten is not going to be a pickup game against smaller lesser talented people in New Albany in August.
dilettante

United States

#19 Aug 3, 2007
Rock on Hoosiers wrote:
They also beat the other team by 34. I know that a lot of us are probably used to watching grind-it-out 64-62 victories, but you have to remember that the faster the pace, the more opportunities the other team has to shoot. Also, it's just an exhibition.
More in the Know

Carmel, IN

#20 Aug 3, 2007
Man, I think we should just give them the 2008 NCAA National Championship right now! On second thought, maybe we should wait until they finish their barnstorming tour before we hand them the banner. After stops in Batesville, Seymour, French Lick, Brownstown, and Hicksville these guys will have proven they have what it takes to bring home the hardware in 2007-2008!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Orleans Privateers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aggies land point guard (May '11) May '11 Oops 20
News Pair of Division I guards transfer to EKU (Jun '10) Jun '10 Michael E 2
News University of New Orleans basketball team tries... (Dec '09) Dec '09 OldPrivateer 1
News Yep, LeBron drives fast down lane (Jan '08) Jan '08 PrizeCarVal 112
News Pat's Beside the Point: Yep, LeBron drives fast... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Paul in Kent 3
News No title (Jan '08) Jan '08 Suzanne 2
News Cavs offed by offense (Dec '07) Dec '07 Andy 10
More from around the web