New Mexico football dismisses former ...

New Mexico football dismisses former Mayfield star Nathan Enriquez

There are 54 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Aug 10, 2010, titled New Mexico football dismisses former Mayfield star Nathan Enriquez. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

University of New Mexico head football coach Mike Locksley has announced that defensive backs Nathan Enriquez and A.J. Williams have been dismissed from the team for violation of team policy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just Sayin

Los Alamos, NM

#49 Aug 11, 2010
Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be true in your family but in all the families I know the kids become responsible for themselves as soon as they get to high school, get jobs before and or after school and weekends, help out with household chores and paying bills. I grew up in New Mexico and this was true for all my friends and even some of the white kids I knew were also asked to be responsible for themselves.
Hey Pops ~ I hate to be the one to break it to you but things have changed.
Tony M

Farmington, NM

#50 Aug 11, 2010
This is what happens when you try to make an intelligent observation around a bunch of dumbasses. You have nothing intelligent to say so post something completely moronic. I would try to explain the weighttraining mentality but it would be too difficult for a mental midget. Go to a weight room some day and you may undestand what I mean. Secondly, I am referring to kids and boys as in high school, not in college. I will also say I am in as good a shape as most 30 year olds.
moreLikeJuice M wrote:
Oh yeah Tony M,,,,
Why are you "observing these kids in local gyms or on campus"?
First of all, sounds like predator or someone from up north? Maybe Santa Fe?
Second, I thought they were not boys or kids anymore?
Tony M

Farmington, NM

#51 Aug 11, 2010
Have never used juice and I know more than most about hard work. You don't do what I do for 40 yrs and not put in the time. Don't you be blinded by your bias. I have worked out in weghtrooms all over the country. Golds Gyms, World gyms and the local guys gyms. If you have had the experience around users and nonusers as I have, you would understand what I am saying. People in the area use steroids. The high school athletes are not except from this because you don't want it to be so. I mind is a terible thing to waste try opening yours. Your eyes as well.
moreLikeJuice M wrote:
<quoted text>
40 years huh? Bet you got the hookup in in J-town yourself. Obviously your posting from Albuquerque so maybe your the main supplier up there. Dont mistake our hard work for what you see with yourself, the bodybuilders, and professional and college athletes you train with who abuse these steriods. I do know a bunch of little punk trainers running around Cruces gyms who were never athletes. But they are weight lifting, personal training, steroid selling juice monkeys who think their the sh1t. Yeah...You know who you are...
Ella

Albuquerque, NM

#52 Aug 11, 2010
Nathan Enriquez is a terrific young man and an outstanding athlete. Anyone who knows him knows that whatever happened to get him dismissed was either a technicality or act of youthful discretion--and it's nobody's business. It's just a shame that the fact that he worked hard, developed his skills and achieved a fantastic accomplishment by being asked to playing Division I football at UNM he is now considered some kind of 'celebrity" who people can ridicule and mock--with absolutely no information or foundation. He's a local kid who made good, and we all should be proud of him, even if it didn't work out. Instead, he gets anonymous derision from a bunch of losers.

These forums are rapidly becoming a cesspool, having been infested with a bunch cowardly, know-nothings spewing hatred and lies. Karma's gonna get you, boys.

Oh, and at what point are all the runners up gonna give up on the whiny "All the Mayfield players Juice" crap and just accept the fact that you just didn't rate? They didn't need steroids to beat you--you just sucked.

Nate, we love you, son!
Tony M

Farmington, NM

#53 Aug 12, 2010
Was in a hurry on first response had to fix some wording. Before the spelling police came after me.
Tony M wrote:
I have never used juice and I know more than most about hard work. You don't do what, I have done for 40 yrs and not put in the time. Don't you be blinded by your bias. I have worked out in weghtrooms all over the country. Golds Gyms, World gyms and the local guys gyms. If you have had the experience around users and nonusers as I have, you would understand what I am saying. People in the area use steroids. The high school athletes are not exempt from this because you don't want it to be so. A mind is a terible thing to waste try opening yours. Your eyes as well. My comments are not geared toward any particular person or school it is just a general statement, based on observations and conversations.
<quoted text>
Big Puppy 431

Seattle, WA

#54 Aug 12, 2010
Bigdog431 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing and you heard nothing. The "I played at Cruces" tells the whole story. You probably didn't even step on the field.
You were probably one of those players who were on the team just to wear the jersey and sit on the side lines, look up in the stands and wave to mommy and your not so proud girlfriend lol yup, i know your kind
URTHELOSER

Las Cruces, NM

#55 Aug 12, 2010
Fan 2 wrote:
<quoted text> You're an ****- Why would anyone say something like that? Loser
Why would anyone say that? Because it may be true, thats why!
Veteran

El Paso, TX

#56 Aug 12, 2010
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Pops ~ I hate to be the one to break it to you but things have changed.
I am female and my sisters and I have all raised kids, none of our kids had kids before they were married, imagine that, all of our kids are useful human beings, meaning they are gainfully employed and/or in school. Times have not changed that much, that is the excuse for the lack of parenting or for lousy parenting from ALL people not just latinos.
Fan 2

Albuquerque, NM

#57 Aug 12, 2010
URTHELOSER wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone say that? Because it may be true, thats why!
"May be true?" And if it's not? That's just plain stupidity to say about a 20 year old kid! Whatever happened is bad enough but then some so-called adults posting stuff just on a whim? Grow up! Wait to see what really happened and then post your idiotic remarks.
No Fan 2

Las Cruces, NM

#58 Aug 12, 2010
Fan 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
"May be true?" And if it's not? That's just plain stupidity to say about a 20 year old kid! Whatever happened is bad enough but then some so-called adults posting stuff just on a whim? Grow up! Wait to see what really happened and then post your idiotic remarks.
I don't think so, and you're the one who needs to look in the mirror, also look ouside of the box once in awhile. There are BI/GAY people in this world, not to mention a slew of athletes who are!
Fan 2

Albuquerque, NM

#59 Aug 13, 2010
And you know Nathan is gay how??? Stupid
Live itUp

United States

#60 Aug 16, 2010
Juice man you need to get your facts right! That kid has never even got close to that drug. Talking about it ha look at your name "Juice man" all we know you might do it. Who know's so don't just say that because he came out of Mayfield.
Live ItUp

United States

#61 Aug 16, 2010
Juice man you don't know anything. Speaking of a former football player at Mayfield, they're was not one kid that I know on that team or in recent teams back then hasn't had a kid use substance of Steroids.
Nathan

Albuquerque, NM

#62 Aug 17, 2010
just because wrote:
Nathan Keep your head up & strength going.. Remember we all make mistakes & learn from them as well.
NOT everyone is PERFECT!
THANKS MOM!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of New Mexico NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mexico Sucks (Jan '07) Jun 28 Fabq 349
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul '15 Fartman 24
News Adult flag football league recruiting teams, pl... (Aug '07) Jul '14 Mark Martin 135
News Lobo guard back for conference play (Dec '13) Dec '13 BigHog 1
News New Mexico dominates New Mexico St. 66-17 (Nov '13) Nov '13 Marty 1
News New Mexico lands JuCo forward Deshawn Delaney (May '13) May '13 LoboNation505 1
News No. 15 New Mexico too much for Air Force with 8... (Feb '13) Feb '13 U take 5 Dollar 1
More from around the web