New Mexico football dismisses former ...

New Mexico football dismisses former Mayfield star Nathan Enriquez

There are 54 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Aug 10, 2010, titled New Mexico football dismisses former Mayfield star Nathan Enriquez. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

University of New Mexico head football coach Mike Locksley has announced that defensive backs Nathan Enriquez and A.J. Williams have been dismissed from the team for violation of team policy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Aug 10, 2010
What'd they do? Punch an assistant coach or sexually harass a secretary? No, wait. That was Locksley.
Hektorr

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Aug 10, 2010
No discipline while in high school = no discipline in college. He was coddled while at Mayfield and this is what comes of it. Another black eye for that out of control school.
fan

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Aug 10, 2010
Grades
Crucen

Plano, TX

#5 Aug 10, 2010
How can one blame the discipline in high school for Enriquez. Didn't he redshirt his first year and become a starter his redshirt freshman season? I could be wrong, but that is two full seasons under Lobo control. I'm going to say that Locksley is to blame. Now he can come home and walk on at NMSU and play for a real coach! I just saw in a report that the Aggies landed another 3 star free safety out of Florida for this season who origanally signed with Kansas State. Good job Aggies coaching staff, you guys keep plugging away and I can't wait for this season to begin. If I were Enriquez, I would correct what needs to be corrected and resurrect my career in his home town.
Morte

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Aug 10, 2010
Hektorr wrote:
No discipline while in high school = no discipline in college. He was coddled while at Mayfield and this is what comes of it. Another black eye for that out of control school.
Seems like the out-of-control school is UNM. Internationally known women's soccer.:-(
JUICE MAN

Seattle, WA

#7 Aug 10, 2010
Probably steroids !! After all he did go to Mayfield
Fan 2

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Aug 10, 2010
Geez! I love all these self-appointed judges & juries!! How can you all point fingers like that! Get the facts and then you can mouth off! Give the kid a break - he is still a kid!
Jefe

Dallas, TX

#9 Aug 10, 2010
I'm not sure what Nathan did but, I bet it is nowhere near what Locksley has done!

Anyways, he should transffer to NMSU ASAP!!
That way he can be present when we once again stick it to Locksley and his hobos on October 9th!!

He will obviously have to walk on and sit out a year but, will learn from a class act in coach Walker and his staff.
frustrated Aggie

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Aug 10, 2010
We are not a dumping ground for hobo rejects. However, because he is talented and a Las Cruces native, I could see letting him walk on if he comes to D Walk with a humble attitude and a changed life. I do not think we should pursue him though, let him come to us.
Cool Hand Luke

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Aug 10, 2010
Sign him up! Go Aggies.
WhatthehellisaJi g-a-watt

Huntsville, AL

#14 Aug 10, 2010
Awesome wrote:
The two were discovered to be sexually involved with eachother. So what, c-ya according to the regulations!
Wow, if this is true that would be a double standard. Especially when you consider most of the teaching population in New Mexico schools are gay/lesbian, which ever fits...oops~!

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#15 Aug 10, 2010
This kid had come up with very impressive numbers at Mayfield and fked up in Albuquerque. He's a kid. They make mistakes.

If he hasn't violated WAC rules, he should consider NMSU> . Can he get his scholarship transfered here some way?
Jean Valjean

Rio Rancho, NM

#16 Aug 10, 2010
I too want to know what they did. I won't judge but I am very curious that the sun-news did not publish the reason they where dismissed. Dang Sun news, this half a$$ reporting is getting old!
Fan 2

Santa Fe, NM

#17 Aug 10, 2010
Awesome wrote:
The two were discovered to be sexually involved with eachother. So what, c-ya according to the regulations!
You're an idiot - Why would anyone say something like that? Loser
True

Alamogordo, NM

#19 Aug 10, 2010
JUICE MAN wrote:
Probably steroids !! After all he did go to Mayfield
Too funny!!! LMAO!!

Huntsville, AL

#21 Aug 10, 2010
Somewhere in NM wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the Population is GAY?? Where the hell do you get your information? Most of the teaching population are banging one another but it is definitely heterosexual. And jus fo yo Bama arse that be jus like you bangin yo mama in Alabamy, not yo papa!!
Wow, are you a teacher...(*)
95Aggie

Las Cruces, NM

#22 Aug 10, 2010
Jean Valjean wrote:
I won't judge but I am very curious that the sun-news did not publish the reason they where dismissed. Dang Sun news, this half a$$ reporting is getting old!
The university isn't going to release that information. How do you think the Sun-News is going to get it? I doubt that Enriquez or Williams would volunteer it. It isn't half a$$ to report the facts that you DO know.

Huntsville, AL

#23 Aug 10, 2010
Somewhere in NM wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the Population is GAY?? Where the hell do you get your information? Most of the teaching population are banging one another but it is definitely heterosexual. And jus fo yo Bama arse that be jus like you bangin yo mama in Alabamy, not yo papa!!
Sorry, maybe you're not a teacher, just an...(_*_)
LC RESIDENT

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Aug 10, 2010
meowtown wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously...every single title you guys have...Mayfield, Cruces High, Onate...all Barry Bonds titles...and everyone who's ever played the game in the last 10 years knows it. Every single player worth a damn in the past 10 years that came outta cruces has had juice flow through his body. Not exaggerating for a second. Played the all star game with 7 players from Mayfield...every one of them admitted it.
Yeah, right!!! You are just jealous that the south has so many outstanding players. Natural talent buddy, and a lot of hard work!
JUICE MAN

Seattle, WA

#26 Aug 10, 2010
meowtown wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously...every single title you guys have...Mayfield, Cruces High, Onate...all Barry Bonds titles...and everyone who's ever played the game in the last 10 years knows it. Every single player worth a damn in the past 10 years that came outta cruces has had juice flow through his body. Not exaggerating for a second. Played the all star game with 7 players from Mayfield...every one of them admitted it.
Exactly, "7 players from Mayfield...every one of them admitted it" I played at Cruces and not one juiced it !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of New Mexico NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mexico Sucks (Jan '07) Nov 20 You racist pig 395
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul '15 Fartman 24
News Adult flag football league recruiting teams, pl... (Aug '07) Jul '14 Mark Martin 131
News Lobo guard back for conference play (Dec '13) Dec '13 BigHog 1
News New Mexico dominates New Mexico St. 66-17 (Nov '13) Nov '13 Marty 1
News New Mexico lands JuCo forward Deshawn Delaney (May '13) May '13 LoboNation505 1
More from around the web