Lobos bounced from MWC tournament

The nail-biting really isn't over for the New Mexico Lobos. It just moves from the basketball court to the TV set. Read more
Lobo Fan

Truth Or Consequences, NM

#1 Mar 13, 2009
Great job Lobo's......
yomamma

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 13, 2009
haha i knew they sucked!

“Be Excellent to Each Other”

Since: Jul 08

Albuquerque

#3 Mar 13, 2009
That will cost them the NCAA. Welcome to the NIT
Al Bondigas

United States

#4 Mar 13, 2009
One and done in the tournie and a mid 60s national rating. Bye bye NCAA, hello NIT.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5 Mar 13, 2009
It's just a game. It is fun. It is big business. It is serious. It is a money maker. Can't make up their minds.

Since: Mar 09

Albuquerque, New Mexico

#6 Mar 13, 2009
Be proud Lobos, you had a good year.
Norte

Sula, MT

#7 Mar 13, 2009
You would think this would cost them a shot at the NCAA tourney but with a less than stellar record last season they got an invite when the "Real New Mexico team NMSU AGGIES" had a great season with a new coach and got snubbed........ And the fact that an ex lobo is on the selection committee is all more than a little suspect I would say! Lobos, one and done, AGGIES still alive! AGGIES, AGGIES, GO AGGIES!!!!!!!
brandon

AOL

#8 Mar 13, 2009
oh well next year!!!
Absolutely

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Mar 13, 2009
ATRISCO TECH 100
LOBOS ZERO

So what else is new?

Will Alford be giving back his COACH OF THE CENTURY medal?
ggator

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Mar 13, 2009
typical unm let down...locals are always whinning that no one supports lobo athletics...well unm has no school spirit, maybe cause most students are like 40...also they recruit in state athletes...thats a bad idea any time you have a bunch of dork white boys and two bit thugs on your team your destined for failure...i must admit having attended an sec power house school...its a little fun getting to laugh at all the pathetic unm fans...perhaps just do away with all athletics and focus on getting people to speak proper english...and topper thanks for nothing...can u say choke
tlworkroom

Belen, NM

#11 Mar 13, 2009
Bummer!! too bad. But then this is usually what happens almost all the time to Lobos. So....situation normal.

“hardcore engine revver”

Since: Dec 07

Fontana, CA

#12 Mar 13, 2009
ggator wrote:
typical unm let down...locals are always whinning that no one supports lobo athletics...well unm has no school spirit, maybe cause most students are like 40...also they recruit in state athletes...thats a bad idea any time you have a bunch of dork white boys and two bit thugs on your team your destined for failure...i must admit having attended an sec power house school...its a little fun getting to laugh at all the pathetic unm fans...perhaps just do away with all athletics and focus on getting people to speak proper english...and topper thanks for nothing...can u say choke
That powerhouse, you went to, sure didn't help your sentence structure.
Farmington Guy

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Mar 13, 2009
The Lobos always CHOKE in the first round of the conference tournament in Vegas every year! It's nothing new...
Absolutely

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Mar 13, 2009
When will people acknowledge the fact that Lobo sports whether it be football, basketball or whatever is a TOTAL FARCE! It never has amounted to anything and it never will.

The money could be better spent on education!

Time to pull the plug on the Losing Lobos!
Truth Hurts

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Mar 13, 2009
One and done Alford strikes again
Miles Finch

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Mar 13, 2009
Norte wrote:
You would think this would cost them a shot at the NCAA tourney but with a less than stellar record last season they got an invite when the "Real New Mexico team NMSU AGGIES" had a great season with a new coach and got snubbed........ And the fact that an ex lobo is on the selection committee is all more than a little suspect I would say! Lobos, one and done, AGGIES still alive! AGGIES, AGGIES, GO AGGIES!!!!!!!
Huh? UNM did not make the NCAA last year. They got worked in the first round of the NIT.
PQT

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Mar 13, 2009
Would someone tell me why I am paying for Toppert and Beggin from the chicks team to go to school for free? They are utterly worthless out there.
Alford Sucks

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Mar 13, 2009
Hope you like the 1 million dollar p.o.s you bought Lobo fans. Ritchie McKay days all over again.
UNM Loblo

Corrales, NM

#19 Mar 13, 2009
I'm not surprised unm is already out. They play in a pathetic conference and that's what hypes them up. Then they fail. Good riddance.
Absolutely

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Mar 13, 2009
UNM Loblo wrote:
I'm not surprised unm is already out. They play in a pathetic conference and that's what hypes them up. Then they fail. Good riddance.
The Lobos can't even win in a "pathetic conference."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of New Mexico NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mexico Sucks (Jan '07) Jan '15 Christopher 323
News Adult flag football league recruiting teams, pl... (Aug '07) Jul '14 Mark Martin 135
News Lobo guard back for conference play (Dec '13) Dec '13 BigHog 1
News New Mexico dominates New Mexico St. 66-17 (Nov '13) Nov '13 Marty 1
News New Mexico lands JuCo forward Deshawn Delaney (May '13) May '13 LoboNation505 1
News No. 15 New Mexico too much for Air Force with 8... (Feb '13) Feb '13 U take 5 Dollar 1
News Williams scores 23 as New Mexico holds off Illi... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Patriot 1
More from around the web