UNM football players arrested in Albu...

UNM football players arrested in Albuquerque

There are 17 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Jun 14, 2009, titled UNM football players arrested in Albuquerque. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

University of New Mexico head football coach Mike Locksley said Sunday two players have been suspended indefinitely from all football-related activities after being arrested.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

Not 1rst Rodeo

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jun 14, 2009
"You can take the man out of the ghetto, but you cannot take the ghetto out of the man." Freakin animals.
Pear-shaped Lobo fan

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jun 14, 2009
Where's the all you can eat buffet?
Sunny Delight

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jun 14, 2009
Seeing as how they are sports jocks, means, no disciplinary action will be taken.
joe

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jun 14, 2009
Lobo football is officially back!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5 Jun 14, 2009
How interesting that an ABQ Police Spokeswoman has NO information on the arrest.

Bet if it were two ordinary citizens they would have all the information.

So I suspect UNM slipped an envelope under the table as they did the zip the mouth shut on these two being arrested.

Drunk and starting a fight perhaps?

Smashing tables, again being drunk or just could it be the other charges are DWI?

I smell UNM dirty play here and after reading about all the benefits those at the top get above their salaries would not take much to claim "I don't have any information on the arrest".

Follow the money.
I Dont Like You

Florence, AL

#6 Jun 14, 2009
Good for the coach...I am glad he is suspending the players...instead of trying to brush it under the rug. Shows the players that they are going to learn personal responsibility or not play.
Fire Locksley

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jun 14, 2009
Why do I suspect it won't be long until we here major NCAA violations associated with the football program.
billy bob

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jun 14, 2009
put them in PRISON
The Voice of Reason

Florence, AL

#11 Jun 14, 2009
How about there both under age and in a bar? The Library is on its last leg.
Lobo Fan

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jun 15, 2009
Bottom line is that, they should be kicked off the team. Granted yes they might have been underage. Who knows. But other sources show they had used false ID's. Thats from the police report. Yes I go downtoen and eperience the night life here and there. But honestly thats the only bar I feel safe in.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#13 Jun 15, 2009
billy bob wrote:
put them in PRISON
For disorderly conduct? Get real.
jojo dancer

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jun 15, 2009
you don't go to prison for disorderly corduct. second I happen to know for a fact that they seven unm players jumped some one saturday ninght downtown and the police let them go maybe theynshould of done they;er jobs saturday night and they would not have had this problem on sunday
Just Tryin to Help

Rio Rancho, NM

#15 Jun 15, 2009
They were probably already on parole and/or probation, anyway. Pull their "scholarships" (whatta oxymoron - student athletes!)

Since: Apr 09

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Jun 15, 2009
Players have to learn just because you are a football player you cannot get away with whatever suits your fancy at the moment. Sounds like gang mentality using UNM’s colors and thinking they can get away with it because they are ‘football’ players. Give both players huge fines and suspension for a year from the team, that will affect their scholarships. That would teach them very well indeed.
Lobo H8ter

Covina, CA

#17 Jun 15, 2009
Lobo football players arrested for disorderly conduct? Sounds like fat, unemployed, Sylvan drop out Lobo fan has rubbed off on them right Lobo fan?

Dimwits.
Feeling Mean

Tulsa, OK

#18 Jun 15, 2009
They are on the right track! Look at our pro players and how often they get in trouble....these students should fit right in.

I strongly believe that many college and pro athletes are where they are at because of their talent in their sport. They are pushed through high school or college without being held to standards everyone else is held to. Instead they get a free ride for the team. I mean come on....i have to laugh most time I hear pro or college athletes talk during interviews....very poor english. They still talk like they're "on the block" with their "he be, she be, we be" talk.

Sad but true....
Cut em loose

AOL

#19 Jun 15, 2009
Cut the thugs loose. You people know that UNM Lobos have gotten away with shooting up buildings in downtown Albuquerque; burglarizing other student's dorm rooms; raping other students; shoplifting, etc. Everybody knows that in Albuquerque, cops, judges, assistant district attorneys (like Garry Breeswine), UNM Lobo players, and professional boxers can commit serious crimes and get away with it. Why even go through the whole charade? Stop wasting taxpayer dollars and turn the b--a--s--t--a--r--d--s loose. You know you are going to find a way to either let them off the hook; slap them on the wrist; or give them an incredibly light (suspended) sentence with adjudication withheld until completion, so spare us all and just cut them loose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of New Mexico NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mexico Sucks (Jan '07) Jun 23 Donald 348
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul '15 Fartman 24
News Adult flag football league recruiting teams, pl... (Aug '07) Jul '14 Mark Martin 135
News Lobo guard back for conference play (Dec '13) Dec '13 BigHog 1
News New Mexico dominates New Mexico St. 66-17 (Nov '13) Nov '13 Marty 1
News New Mexico lands JuCo forward Deshawn Delaney (May '13) May '13 LoboNation505 1
News No. 15 New Mexico too much for Air Force with 8... (Feb '13) Feb '13 U take 5 Dollar 1
More from around the web