Commentary: Did Dante Caro made the r...

Commentary: Did Dante Caro made the right choice in the Univers...

There are 17 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jan 28, 2009, titled Commentary: Did Dante Caro made the right choice in the Univers.... In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

There have been plenty of opinions in recent days about whether former Las Cruces High School quarterback Dante Caro can play football on the Division I level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Wally

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jan 28, 2009
Have heard from several sources that Caro had his mind made up a long time ago about going to UNM. While he's not likely to be an impact player in D-1A ball, he does deserve the chance. Too bad he did not chose NMSU, particularly with Walker taking over and a fresh start for the program. As a long time fan, I'm not losing any sleep over the issue. Walker's recruits look to be a step up from Mumme's and Samuel's.
Axe

Corrales, NM

#2 Jan 28, 2009
UNM has been to the Insight Bowl, the Emerald Bowl, the Las Vegas Bowl twice and the New Mexico Bowl twice all in the last 11 years. They built an indoor practice facility and have plans in motion to enlarge and improve University Stadium. The Mountain West Conference is head and shoulders above the WAC and the MWC beat the PAC Ten 5 out of 6 times they played this past season. UNM has beaten Texas Tech, Missouri and Arizona all in the last 3 or 4 years so I think that Dante made an excellent choice to go to UNM.
FireFelix

United States

#3 Jan 28, 2009
You are a disgrace. Who gives a crap if Caro picked UNM. You are acting like Caro was a five-star recruit. If UNM is so damn great than why are all the good recruits picking NMSU over offers from other D-1 programs. Wake-up Felex.
Pee J

Kailua Kona, HI

#4 Jan 28, 2009
I think it's a good choice because he's just far enough away that he's out of the watchful eyes of the parents but close enough to come home for the weekend with all his dirty laundry.Good choice young man.
Swan

Rio Rancho, NM

#5 Jan 28, 2009
well he is a mexican so im glad he is leaving. all those mexicans are responsible for all the crime here. its not peaceful like up in vermont or minnesota or maine or somewhere else.

Since: Dec 08

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Jan 28, 2009
Dang Felix. Way to go. Maybe you should get a job in Loob land?
Aggie Fan

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Jan 28, 2009
Leave Dante Caro alone he made a choice, it's his right to choose where he wants to continue his career. Lets be honest, he is not the kind of player that is going to turn a program around. He will be a decent to good collage football player. This Swan person needs help mentally. Yes I'm sure that Dante Caro and all us Mexicans are the reason why the crime rate is so high. Swan your a joke. Your not worth talking about anymore. UNM gets all it's money for sports from the state and NMSU has to find other resources. Felix Chavez...please... I need rubber boats to read your article. It's pretty high and thick their buddy. Good luck Dante, get an education just in case the football thing does not work out. I hope you win all your games in your career but the four games against the Aggies.
Millie

Fremont, CA

#8 Jan 28, 2009
Swan,
You are ignorant. He is not a Mexican, he is an American. Why, why, why are you living in the Southwest? Please, please, please go back to whatever Utopia you came from. Just stay there, and write comments about how horrible your existence is there....
East Coast Pride

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Jan 28, 2009
Who gives a crap, he sucks anyway. This is New Mexico people, high school football in this state is a joke! Anyone who disagrees has not seen high school teams back east, so just shut the F up!
Slick Nick

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Jan 28, 2009
I agree with East Coast Pride.

I came to NMSU from Maryland, and these hispanic high school players are small and slow. Mexicans need to stick with soccer, none of you will make it in football.
JayTheOrc

Placitas, NM

#11 Jan 29, 2009
Good luck to Caro! Yeah, I wish he had chosen NMSU, but hey...what's the worst that happens??? The Aggies have a losing season?

As to you, Slick Nick- Feel free to go talk some non anonymous trash to some hispanics, football players or otherwise, and then take your ass back to Maryland and take Swan and East Coast Pride with you.
ranked

Encino, NM

#12 Jan 29, 2009
East Coast Pride wrote:
Who gives a crap, he sucks anyway. This is New Mexico people, high school football in this state is a joke! Anyone who disagrees has not seen high school teams back east, so just shut the F up!
The Bulldawgs were rated as high as 90 nationally this past year by Rivals.com which is the best rating system out there. More On!
SwanSucks

Las Cruces, NM

#13 Jan 29, 2009
Swan wrote:
well he is a mexican so im glad he is leaving. all those mexicans are responsible for all the crime here. its not peaceful like up in vermont or minnesota or maine or somewhere else.
This is NEW MEXICO full of American citizens which are hispanic dumb F**k...
Len

United States

#14 Jan 29, 2009
Swan wrote:
Archie Bunker attitudes are still alive and well in the 21st century. WOW.
Len

United States

#15 Jan 29, 2009
As far as Chavez post...unm facilities are not much better than NMSU, they have about 10K more seats in there stadium, the weight room is roughly the same size. Get a clue Chavez. UNM has been a better program recently but NMSU has to start somewhere in getting in state recruits.
n8ball

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Jan 30, 2009
I will never subscribe to this pos paper while they are still employing a lobo homer. I'd rather read a pro Aggie paper with great people writing great articles, like the Bulliten, or even, let's be honest, the El Paso Times. I made the decision to start a personal boycott over a year ago due to crap like this.
n8ball

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jan 30, 2009
Artesia: Second most state championships in the nation last I checked. Yeah, HS football here is a joke. And what's with all the racist bs??? The hell is wrong with you people???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of New Mexico NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mexico Sucks (Jan '07) Jun 23 Donald 348
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul '15 Fartman 24
News Adult flag football league recruiting teams, pl... (Aug '07) Jul '14 Mark Martin 135
News Lobo guard back for conference play (Dec '13) Dec '13 BigHog 1
News New Mexico dominates New Mexico St. 66-17 (Nov '13) Nov '13 Marty 1
News New Mexico lands JuCo forward Deshawn Delaney (May '13) May '13 LoboNation505 1
News No. 15 New Mexico too much for Air Force with 8... (Feb '13) Feb '13 U take 5 Dollar 1
More from around the web