Montwood grad helps pace No. 19 New M...

Montwood grad helps pace No. 19 New Mexico

There are 13 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 2, 2010, titled Montwood grad helps pace No. 19 New Mexico. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Fantastic. Determined. Great leader. Special. Those are some of the words used to describe former Montwood High School star and current University of New Mexico basketball player Roman Martinez.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

really

El Paso, TX

#1 Jan 3, 2010
man... who gives a damn about this kid. He turned UTEP and this city down, so screw him...
really

Seminole, FL

#2 Jan 3, 2010
THAT WAS NOT MY COMMENT! First of all someone who doesn't care about people. UTEP is not the end al of end all, but is a good university. I am so glad he is doing so well and represents El Paso basketball and Montwood well. Good luck to the Lobos this year.
JRMaynard3

Pecos, TX

#3 Jan 3, 2010
Did UTEP actually recruit him to be a contributing player or another scrub like all the El Paso kids? If it was the former, well he ended up on a better team anyhow. If it was the latter, then you can't blame him for leaving. I suspect it was the latter. Lots of local kids get overlooked.
really

El Paso, TX

#4 Jan 3, 2010
UTEP ACTUALLY recruited him... he just chose to go elsewhere... he was a highly recruited player, by many other mid major schools...

im sure he wouldn't have been another scrub (cheerleader) out on the bench... Unless, Barbee got the job and started kicking people off the team.... maybe he would have been one of them, anyways... Barbee sucks, he cant coach, and if Roman would have come here to UTEP he would have probably been kicked out like Ruppel...

BARBEE, YOURE A DOUCHE BAG!!!
Typical

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 4, 2010
F**K him, UTEP wanted this guy and he copped out for a different school. Screw this clown.
joe schmoe

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 4, 2010
a la merga con este chavo.
ike

Los Alamos, NM

#7 Jan 4, 2010
With these comments so far no wonder he chose to go elsewhere. Looks like he made the better choice.
really

Seminole, FL

#8 Jan 4, 2010
really wrote:
UTEP ACTUALLY recruited him... he just chose to go elsewhere... he was a highly recruited player, by many other mid major schools...
im sure he wouldn't have been another scrub (cheerleader) out on the bench... Unless, Barbee got the job and started kicking people off the team.... maybe he would have been one of them, anyways... Barbee sucks, he cant coach, and if Roman would have come here to UTEP he would have probably been kicked out like Ruppel...
BARBEE, YOURE A **** BAG!!!
I guess I feel like stolen identity from the guy. I have been using this name for a long time. I am a coach in this city. I don't know why you treat Roman Martinez so negatively. He chose a good university and don't use the profanity. Good luck to this guy.
UtepLoyalist

El Paso, TX

#9 Jan 4, 2010
Well maybe they should build a statue of this guy out in Albuquerque because whe he turned his back on UTEP and this city he showed how much he cared about El Paso and UTEP... he didnt give a cra*p. So in turn i don't give a crap about him!

like Typical said "screw this clown"
really wrote:
<quoted text> I guess I feel like stolen identity from the guy. I have been using this name for a long time. I am a coach in this city. I don't know why you treat Roman Martinez so negatively. He chose a good university and don't use the profanity. Good luck to this guy.
JESUS

United States

#10 Jan 5, 2010
You people are ridiculous. I graduated from Socorro so I hate Montwood. I go to NMSU so I hate UNM. Yet Im glad for Martinez. He has been one of the few atheletes that have gone out and shined. You people say that he should have stayed and played for UTEP...so I guess you also dislike Eddie Britton and John Skelton who went to play elsewhere? Just because someone has the huevos to go out and challege themselves in a better school and you still live with your parents or still in the same city you grew up in. Martinez has accomplished more than you guys every will and more than he would have done here at UTEP. Get a life...
tonyovalle

United States

#11 Jan 6, 2010
It would have been nice to see an El Chuco kid shine here at UTEP, just like Mark McCall shined a few years ago here. He chose to go elsewhere, let's be happy for him.
lobos all the way

Laurel, MD

#12 Mar 5, 2010
Typical wrote:
F**K him, UTEP wanted this guy and he copped out for a different school. Screw this clown.
ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!! His childhood dream was to play for UTEP. Doc Sadler dropped the ball on him. I'm glad he did'nt play at UTEP, because of people like you. Don't speak before you know the facts. IDIOT!!!
Good old EPT

Overland Park, KS

#13 Mar 18, 2010
Home of the haters. No wonder so many of us leave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of New Mexico NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mexico Sucks (Jan '07) Nov 20 You racist pig 395
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul '15 Fartman 24
News Adult flag football league recruiting teams, pl... (Aug '07) Jul '14 Mark Martin 131
News Lobo guard back for conference play (Dec '13) Dec '13 BigHog 1
News New Mexico dominates New Mexico St. 66-17 (Nov '13) Nov '13 Marty 1
News New Mexico lands JuCo forward Deshawn Delaney (May '13) May '13 LoboNation505 1
More from around the web