Pack women shred San Jose St.

PROVIDED TO THE RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL Nevada's Cherlanda Franklin attempts to block a shot by San Jose State's Myosha Barnes on Wednesday at Lawlor Events Center. Full Story
rachel

United States

#1 Oct 12, 2006
how come jessica preslar wasnt spoke of in the interview. she has the toughest job of any player on nevadas team. she is the one that makes that team and she is given very litle recognition for her talent and ability to play the game...she could go one on one with any player in the wac and come out on top...why isnt she commended for her ability to ply the game. i hope that there will be more that see this because the WAC CANT
Jodie

Danville, CA

#2 Nov 9, 2006
Dellena Criner is one of the MOST TOUGHEST players on the Nevada's Team. She picks up the best player on the opposing team full court the ENTIRE game. That is by far the hardest thing to do for 40 minutes. She is one of the critical reasons the Pack won 9 out of the last 10 games. Stop giving so much hype to Fitzgerald as her shooting percentage proves she is not as good as the hype! Criner and Graham both work really hard. More props also need to be given to Franklin who works her butt off on both sides of the court.
rachel

United States

#3 Nov 26, 2006
i aggree that criner has talent, but i dont think that much credit should be given to graham because she has been hogging the ball and just throwing up shots that dont have a chance in hell going in at least criner dosnt take off the wall chances and sees where her team is at and the quikness of that girl is unmastakably one of the best in the wac...but i think that if you look at the past games that they played, you will see if you do the research on th opposing teams that the the number one scorer on the team is their post player...and as for franklin, shes a scraper, but she gets more recognition than you think. she is what we call the coaches pet, along with graham. i think that preslar and criner are the best all arround players on the team because they play with a team mentality and are the most giving out on the court. as far as brandi goes, she'll turn up the heat when conference starts...i hope
Jodie

Danville, CA

#4 Dec 5, 2006
I definitely agree that Graham takes way too many shots but she is working much harder than alot of the players at Nevada. Couple with a couple bad coaching decisions ( i.e when to call time out, substitutions patters) Nevada should have definitely won that last game at the Nugget Classic on Sunday. I agree it is not the guard play that is killing them. The Post are getting eaten up EVERY GAME! Criner can not defend the whole team. She already picks up the ball full court. I do not agree that Preslar is the second best player on that team. She is one of the main reason Nevada lost the final game as she could not defend the main forward who went for 26 that night! It would have been a different game with Franklin there but unfortunately, we cannot turn back the hands of time. As for Fitzgerald, nice to see her have a good game but that has to be consistent! She has been averaging 7-9 points per game before playing UC Riverside. Plus, she can not defend! She gives up 15 points per game! We cannot expect to trade baskets the entire game. Defense is about making stops and that is the core foundation of the Nevada Women’s' Program. The big freshmen Gervasoni recruited are going to have to step it up quickly in order for Nevada to have a chance in their conference with the teams that should give them a run ( ie. Fresno, La Tech, Hawaii & lets not forget about New Mexico who did not have their leading scorer Nava for both meetings against the Pack. She is now leading the conference in scoring at 16.5) Coach Gerv - wake up! If Fitzgerald is going to lead UNR into the future, she is definitely not showing it right now. If Preslar is a captain and leader of this team, she also needs to wake up and show some leadership on the floor. She has more potential to be an awesome player than half the team but is not showing it in her performance thus far! Criner - keep doing what you are doing. Tough turnover at the end of Sunday's game but the game should have not been left up to one possession as UNR was up by as much as 15 in the 2nd half. Graham - You are 15% from the 3 point line this year. Does this not mean anything to you?? Either come in for extra EXTRA shooting or step a couple feet inside the line for a higher percentage shot. I am too tired to watch a losing season with all of the talent UNR possessed this year. it is time to turn the program around. Hard to get fans to support when we cannot get W's under our belt!
rachel

United States

#5 Dec 6, 2006
are you even familiar with preslar's position? do you know that the reason why they lost the game was because of terrible coaching...delina would have not had that turnover if coach would have given her a breather. and as for scouting out the other team, coach should have known that the number one player is going to score...gee i don't know, maybe we should have doubled team her...that might have worked a little better than the coach yelling at preslar move up move back move up. confused on her coaching the team on what she wants them to do, that is not good coaching. as far as preslars position she is a power forward, and is playing the five which is not her position...hopfully sabrina will be back soon. preslar had two not so good games, but she will bounce back and fast. i think that the pack will be just fine once the wac starts.they just need to play the game and not be afraid. you cant blame losses on one person. have you checked preslars stats? she is in the top four if not the top second in every catagory, she is not that bad of a player...the guards need to feed her the ball more because she is not getting off enough shots. if she is going to continue \playing that spot then they need to get her the ball so she can either bank them in or draw the other team so that the guards can get a shot off. i have gone to a lot of the games and see that she is in the paint ready for the ball yelling ball, ball, ball and none of the guards can get into her as much as they should. look at the shooting percentage stats and you'll know that i am wright in what i say. if you get a chance go watch them practice and you will see the 2 most athletic individuals and best players on the team are preslar and criner.
and once again they lost both of those games because of bad coaching decissions
Bono

Seattle, WA

#6 Jan 21, 2007
I agree with some of the comments on this page. Seems to me the coach needs a lesson or two on how to deal with differences and meshing everyone together rather than letting her personal issues dictate her coaching. She has so many great players on that team she really needs to self reflect. Spread the wealth a bit when letting her players play. Preslar is so versatile but coach holds her back. They don't do that in the bigs. Come on it is her senior year, let her have it coach, it is not about you! Peace Press, all the best.
raechel

Roseville, CA

#7 Jan 25, 2007
Bono wrote:
I agree with some of the comments on this page. Seems to me the coach needs a lesson or two on how to deal with differences and meshing everyone together rather than letting her personal issues dictate her coaching. She has so many great players on that team she really needs to self reflect. Spread the wealth a bit when letting her players play. Preslar is so versatile but coach holds her back. They don't do that in the bigs. Come on it is her senior year, let her have it coach, it is not about you! Peace Press, all the best.
i am so glad that im not the only one who sees that its pretty messed up when you have helped build that program and you get treated like your a piece of !@#$% i think that the coach plays so many head games with these kids that she needs to seek help herself for abuse. Jessica helped build this program and when she first signed with unr there were only 2 african american's on that team, now look at the team its more diversified. Jessica deserves to start. she earned that spot and once again a power trip from the coach puts her on the bench...please get a clue coach get with the program or the program wont last.
tolduso

United States

#8 Feb 24, 2007
Way to turn up the heat press. This is the time u need to really show them what u r made of. You are one of the most athletic players in the WAC. I have never lossed faith in u and i knew that u had it in u. Let the seniors take u upcomming wolfs to a level in which u deserve. All of u keep playing your game and u will succeed. I'm proud to be a wolfpac fan. U have beat every team in the WAC, so now take it the next level...don't be affraid u derserve to be here. Have faith...I do
confused

Roseville, CA

#9 Mar 10, 2007
I am confused how and who picks the tournement team. I was under the understanding there is a criteria that they use. They put Delina in as one of the WAC tourney players, and also LA Techs player...Why? Granted Delinas first game of play was great, but somehow lost her magic in the second game against New Mexico. And LA Techs girl only played one game in the tourney. Don't they see that to us it makes no sense at all. If they were going to vote for someone from UNR, they needed to use the formula that was given to them. Consistency is one of them. Who was the one that was there durring clutch time for UNR, there were Seniors on the team that did one hell of a job durring the WAC. I don't understand...please someone out there explain this to me.
tolduso wrote:
Way to turn up the heat press. This is the time u need to really show them what u r made of. You are one of the most athletic players in the WAC. I have never lossed faith in u and i knew that u had it in u. Let the seniors take u upcomming wolfs to a level in which u deserve. All of u keep playing your game and u will succeed. I'm proud to be a wolfpac fan. U have beat every team in the WAC, so now take it the next level...don't be affraid u derserve to be here. Have faith...I do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nevada Wolf Pack Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nevada coach Gervasoni resigns (Jul '08) Jul '08 Janice 1
WAC basketball tournaments back in Reno in 2009-10 (Oct '07) Oct '07 Reno 1
No. 7 Nevada outlasts No. 10 Creighton in OT (Mar '07) Mar '07 mike 1
Utah State Surprises Nevada in WAC Semis (Mar '07) Mar '07 mos 1
Nevada women zone in for victory (Mar '07) Mar '07 tolduso 1
jessica preslar (Jan '07) Jan '07 Bono 1
No. 21 Nevada Rolls Over Idaho 81-55 (Jan '07) Jan '07 Asa Black 1

Nevada Wolf Pack Women's Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE