College football notebook: Huskers ma...

College football notebook: Huskers mash Kansas State one more time ...

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 8, 2010, titled College football notebook: Huskers mash Kansas State one more time .... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez rushed for 242 yards and four touchdowns last night and the seventh-ranked Cornhuskers ended a 99-year rivalry with Kansas State in the same lopsided fashion it began, thrashing the Wildcats 48-13 in the Big 12 opener for both teams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Billy Bango Bongo

Marshall, AR

#1 Oct 8, 2010
Big Red rolls. A preview of what is in store for the Big 10 when the Huskers arrive next year. They will hang very similar scores on da Bugeyes. You know it.
I know it. Da Bugeyes will know it too.

Billy Bango Bongo
Supporter of the greatest college football program ever
Nebraska

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#2 Oct 8, 2010
Billy Bango Bongo wrote:
Big Red rolls. A preview of what is in store for the Big 10 when the Huskers arrive next year. They will hang very similar scores on da Bugeyes. You know it.
I know it. Da Bugeyes will know it too.
Billy Bango Bongo
Supporter of the greatest college football program ever
Nebraska
Nebraska looked tough last night. Kansas State isn't a pushover. But who knows what they will see when they play some good defenses in the Big Ten. I see them being a top 2 or 3 team every year with OSU...I have a feeling we will see them in the championship games quite a bit.
Terry M

Council Bluffs, IA

#3 Oct 8, 2010
The unbelievable thing is Martinez is a freshmen. It's like he just jogs to the end zone. Crouch was really raw at this point in his career. If Martinez can get his fumbling problem figured out, the scenario is scary.

Since: Jan 10

Spartanburg, SC

#4 Oct 8, 2010
Tressel should send Bollman and offensive coaches all out to study Pellini's play system and offensive line strategies for a running atack-NOW, not after they begin competion in the Big Ten. Watching the neat plays and great line blocking for Nebraska against a decent Kansas State team was a real contrast with the old Tressel ball, no deception, poor blocking OSU running attack we saw at Illinois. Placing far too much pressure on T. Pryor invites disaster as ther is little to back him up. Not using Hall and Berry-at least trying them is pure incompetence/malfeasance for OSU's coaches!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nebraska Cornhuskers NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Husker football preview: Player with the most t... Jul '16 molespiker 1
News Riley starts Huskers job without Abdullah, Gregory (Dec '14) Dec '14 SFCRDF 1
News Patriots 'disappointed' after Dennard's arrest (Jul '13) Jul '13 Wanna know 8
News Big Ten Football: Power Ranking B1G's Best 2013... (Feb '13) Feb '13 T-Town Clown 1
News Capital One Bowl preview: For Dogs, it's 'where... (Dec '12) Dec '12 ART DECO MAN 2
News Knevel is a Husker (Dec '12) Dec '12 Makaha 1
News Dogs and Nebraska in Cap One Bowl (Dec '12) Dec '12 Matt from Columbus 1
More from around the web