Nebraska WR Purify suspended

Nebraska WR Purify suspended

There are 7 comments on the ABC15.com story from Jun 9, 2007, titled Nebraska WR Purify suspended. In it, ABC15.com reports that:

Nebraska wide receiver Maurice Purify was suspended indefinitely on Friday after being arrested for the second time in just over a month. via ABC15.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC15.com.

dewitt

Little Rock, AR

#1 Jun 10, 2007
they should be kicked off the team the first time. but hey he to good a player
OU7times

Springdale, AR

#2 Jun 10, 2007
Good player or not,These types of players need to come to grips with the fact that they are not bigger than "The program". As a high profile person, representing the university, players should know that they are ambassadors of their university and should act appropriatly. One violation of this magnitude(DUI) could happen to ALOT of people (stringent blood/alcohol levels) but throw in another charged DUI and then add an assault charge on top of that...? Get rid of these clowns and by doing the right thing you make the university look good and drive home the point that your university won't stand for that crap. The student athlete just might take notice and realize his/her's error which in turn might turn their life around. Good luck NU! I know some about this subject with some of the clowns OU has recruited over the years.
charlie brannick

Burlingame, CA

#3 Jul 20, 2007
This young man has come along way and to my knowledge has never did anything like this before. This is his best chance to Make it. He may never get another chance. The whole outcome of his life can be effected by your decision. Explain this to him, tell him of the seriousness of bad conduct, then give him One Last Chance.
OU7times

Springdale, AR

#4 Jul 20, 2007
charlie brannick wrote:
This young man has come along way and to my knowledge has never did anything like this before. This is his best chance to Make it. He may never get another chance. The whole outcome of his life can be effected by your decision. Explain this to him, tell him of the seriousness of bad conduct, then give him One Last Chance.
I understand that people make mistakes. I, like you and everyone else have made plenty, I'm sure. This is not his first serious offense and like saying before, He is not bigger than the university that he is an ambassador for.He has not yet figured out who's in charge, evidently. I've already predicted on a previous post that "MO" will be back on the team because I feel coach will put winning ahead of morals. I'm sure that will happen especially now that prognosticators have predicted that Mizzou" will win the North division. Let's wait and see what shakes out, but I feel confident about it.
OU7times

Springdale, AR

#5 Jul 21, 2007
charlie brannick wrote:
OK, it looks like it's official now. "MO" is back with the team. I figured as much. Boy, can you imagine the pressure of being the football coach at NU. What with the likes of Coach Devaney and Coach Osborne's shoes to fill? That's not to mention replacing a "coach" (I'll use that term loosly in this case)with a 10 win season. To have to put yourself into the position of recalling a suspended player just to help your chances of winning enough games to save your butt. I made mention last year with a post referring to NU fans settling for mediocrity. It looks like it's here. I see a proud institution now resigning themselves to the fact that they are willing to "settle" for whatever it takes to win. "Just win baby" was fine while at Oakland (Raiders) but now at Nebraska? I expect more from you Nebraska, shouldn't you expect more for yourself? You know, when teams hit a "rough skid" sometimes, they go back to fundamentals.In other words, what got you to national prominence to begin with? A great man once said "Dance with the one that brung ya". By the way,Charlie, 2 incidents,4 charges. How many more "last chances" would you suggest Maurice Purify get?
Alan

Lincoln, RI

#6 May 14, 2008
charlie brannick wrote:
Who you kidding dweeb, send him to FL to make good! You could never play.
Alan

Lincoln, RI

#7 May 14, 2008
You could never play any sport pal. Send him to FL where all thugs are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nebraska Cornhuskers NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Riley starts Huskers job without Abdullah, Gregory Dec '14 SFCRDF 1
News Patriots 'disappointed' after Dennard's arrest (Jul '13) Jul '13 Wanna know 8
News Big Ten Football: Power Ranking B1G's Best 2013... (Feb '13) Feb '13 T-Town Clown 1
News Capital One Bowl preview: For Dogs, it's 'where... (Dec '12) Dec '12 ART DECO MAN 2
News Knevel is a Husker (Dec '12) Dec '12 Makaha 1
News Dogs and Nebraska in Cap One Bowl (Dec '12) Dec '12 Matt from Columbus 1
News Scott Dochterman wrote a new blog post: B1G Rew... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Dannawally 1
More from around the web