for one Denver woman

There are 22 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jul 7, 2007, titled for one Denver woman. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

" Much has been made about the uniqueness of the date 7/7/07. After all, it is a phenomenon that only comes around once a century.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rebecca Roy

Scottsdale, AZ

#1 Jul 7, 2007
Well congradulations to this wonderful woman. She sure does not look 100, she is indeed a lucky lady.

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#2 Jul 7, 2007
I like her philosophy on longevity: Just keep breathing.

I'm also impressed that at 100 years old, she's in an assisted living apartment and not a nursing home. Kudos!
Sharon

Denver, CO

#3 Jul 7, 2007
Happy Birthday, Marie!!
sweet

Denver, CO

#4 Jul 7, 2007
Man I would love to talk to her all the history she knows. Happy day!!
gene pool

Caledonia, MI

#5 Jul 7, 2007
Those Grand-Daughters are lookin mighty fine too.......... They will age well.
section8

Aurora, CO

#6 Jul 7, 2007
They say that old age is a privilege afforded to few. Living to see more than one 7/7/07 is a privilege afforded to VERY few. Congratulations Marie, and God bless!
Nice Story

Englewood, CO

#7 Jul 7, 2007
Congratulations, Marie! I hope you stay healthy and have a wonderful rest of your trip on this side of life. You rock!
Ragguzi

Denver, CO

#8 Jul 7, 2007
Happy Birthday, Ma'am.
DLB

Carbondale, CO

#9 Jul 8, 2007
Wow, how cool. My grandmother was also born on 07/07/1907. She was born in Gering, NE. and raised her family in Englewood, CO. Unfortunately she passed several years ago.I always think of her on 07/07, but yesterday was extra special.

“Dominique”

Iowa "Go Hawkeyes"

#10 Jul 8, 2007
My great grandparents recently passed. My great grandpa was 92.

I really don't want to live that long.:(
Allie

AOL

#11 Jul 8, 2007
Happy Birthday, Marie. You are an amazing woman. The history you have lived through would be interesting to here. Congratulations on 100 wonderful years.
Nephstar

Littleton, CO

#12 Jul 8, 2007
happy Birthday, Marie!!
Jon

Denver, CO

#13 Jul 8, 2007
What a pointless story.
Lucky 7s

Denver, CO

#14 Jul 8, 2007
Congratulations! What an amazing occasion. I like her philosophy for a long life too - sometimes it's the simplest advice that's the best :-)

I'm wondering if my grandfather will live to see his special birthday again - 12/21/12. Hard to say, he doesn't see age as a number but the body often doesn't agree with the mind past a certain point.
Dodge Momma

Denver, CO

#15 Jul 8, 2007
Congrats and Happy Birthday Marie..you are truly a living doll..what I would't give 2 spend the day with her..imagine the stories she could tell..
God Bless You....
john

Loveland, CO

#16 Jul 8, 2007
Thats a whole lot of candles. Must of been a big cake.!!!!!!!!!
Redneck

Broomfield, CO

#17 Jul 8, 2007
Jon wrote:
What a pointless story.
Get a life loser...When you turn 100, maybe someone will give a ****, but then again, maybe not...

“Northside Yo”

Downtown D-Town

#18 Jul 8, 2007
Looks like the power of 777 was in this lady's corner
Kerrie Anderson

New Berlin, WI

#19 Jul 9, 2007
What a Beautiful Century. It was hard for me to imagine 100 in my younger years. There is a very special meaning behind 100 for me now, My Grandma. Giving a new meaning to "You've come a long way baby". We celebrated with long time friends and many family members on Saturday. Much catching up and history from family. Today, I am still saying wow what an expierence. Marie Klint is one special lady to many people in many different ways.
Lucky 7s

Denver, CO

#20 Jul 11, 2007
john wrote:
Thats a whole lot of candles. Must of been a big cake.!!!!!!!!!
I think at that point you just get those kids' number birthday candles and settle for a regular cake... you'd end up with a wax coated cake or inviting the fire department otherwise :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nebraska Cornhuskers NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Riley starts Huskers job without Abdullah, Gregory (Dec '14) Dec '14 SFCRDF 1
News Patriots 'disappointed' after Dennard's arrest (Jul '13) Jul '13 Wanna know 8
News Big Ten Football: Power Ranking B1G's Best 2013... (Feb '13) Feb '13 T-Town Clown 1
News Capital One Bowl preview: For Dogs, it's 'where... (Dec '12) Dec '12 ART DECO MAN 2
News Knevel is a Husker (Dec '12) Dec '12 Makaha 1
News Dogs and Nebraska in Cap One Bowl (Dec '12) Dec '12 Matt from Columbus 1
News Scott Dochterman wrote a new blog post: B1G Rew... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Dannawally 1
More from around the web