Navy run, run, runs away from SMU - S...

Navy run, run, runs away from SMU - Sports

There are 6 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 26, 2008, titled Navy run, run, runs away from SMU - Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

ANNAPOLIS, Md.>> Down to his third-string quarterback, with a hard rain falling and winds whipping, Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo modified the game plan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Jetset

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Oct 26, 2008
Looks like June Jones has not mastered stopping the run even with a new team.
2 million

Waianae, HI

#2 Oct 26, 2008
June is a run n shoot guru that makes the offensive exciting to watch, his QB will look special with high passing yards because of the amount of attempt he throws. His defense is horrible but it doesn't matter as long as he makes SMU buy in that his offense is the real deal. It's funny on how June made the SMU booster and fans DRINK the KOOL AID with his resume and offense style of play but in reality he has only 1 win with 8 losses, and the only win came from a D-II team.

Last year Sugar Bowl loss was due to June because his mind was on how much he is worth with the SMU contract than getting the team better prepared and there were no adjustments during the game.
Hopefully the 2 million dollar man can win at least one D-I game this year.
Bob

AOL

#3 Oct 26, 2008
so much for june jones...............he cant play with the big boys
alice

Honolulu, HI

#4 Oct 26, 2008
Very true..I said the same a year ago. Jones was a phony and a flop. he was adored here because the standards and football smarts are so poor. He has been smashed in every game at SMU and they allw ant him out.
sonofhawaii

Lihue, HI

#5 Oct 26, 2008
June Who?
alice

Honolulu, HI

#6 Oct 26, 2008
Yup..June is long forgotton. He humilated and played the UH and its inexperienced president. He ripped off the state and the university and got away with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Naval Academy NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fan conflicted about Ohio State-Navy matchup | ... (Nov '10) Oct '13 eli blazeff 4
News 2 of 3 ex-football players at Naval Academy to ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 tloughrey 2
News Bethune-Cookman football player arrested -- Cri... (Apr '08) Apr '13 Shane OConnor 11
News Notre Dame freshman Russell has aptitude and at... (Dec '12) Dec '12 BigDan 1
News Can LSU Defeat Alabama a Second Time? (Dec '11) Dec '11 aFatherofThree 32
News Nike crafts new outfit for Mids (Dec '11) Dec '11 Alexander MacKenzie 1
News East Carolina 17, Navy 7 (Oct '11) Oct '11 Footballfan 1
More from around the web