BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch :...

BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch : Too close for comfort

There are 42 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 5, 2009, titled BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch : Too close for comfort. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Brian Rolle intercepted a potential two-point conversion in the closing minutes and returned it for two points the other way, helping No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
older than you

Winter Garden, FL

#1 Sep 5, 2009
wow,, vest team not very good
Tom

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 5, 2009
Looks like it is back to the drawing board. Otherwise, it is going to be a very long day next Saturday against USC.
Andrew

Orlando, FL

#3 Sep 5, 2009
I was disappointed in the offensive line's performance, which was suppose to improve this year. The Defense was unimpressive and is a great concern. We will need to improve greatly if we even want to stand a chance next week.
palmetto flag

United States

#4 Sep 5, 2009
Should be an interesting season.
buckeye

Findlay, OH

#5 Sep 5, 2009
older than you wrote:
wow,, vest team not very good
You people are dumb.
Bubba Buckeye

Gainesville, FL

#6 Sep 5, 2009
Tim for Coach Tressel to do one of the following:

1) Learn how to coach and motivate and recruit
2) Get a coaching staff that can do it for him
3) Leave the program so we can get someone to do all the above.

Pathetic sucked up coaching performance !
RCho

Columbus, OH

#7 Sep 5, 2009
sucks!
billy b

Mount Airy, NC

#8 Sep 5, 2009
Anderson Russell's blown coverage cost two touchdowns. Brings back memories of his blown coverage on Texas's go ahead touchdown. When will this stop?
Leaky Trojan

Richmond, VA

#9 Sep 5, 2009
Can we just go ahead and forfeit the USC game now, take a bye week, and get ready for the game (ie. loss) after that? Wow Jimmy Vest, you're an offensive guru. Maybe you can join Navy's staff and call the triple off-tackle offense. TP would be better calling audibles at the line of scrimmage, oh I forgot, he was doing that when he was running for his life because of the poor blocking.
New year, same result: Vanilla Vest wishing for a "Holy Buckeye" from Brent Musberger!
Brutess419

Mesa, AZ

#10 Sep 5, 2009
I think Navy played a very good game. I want to give them the respect they deserve. ANY team that comes to The Shoe to play Ohio State is going to give the Buckeyes their best effort. Ohio State looked good to me, but lost the edge when they were ahead. I'm just glad this game is over so they can now focus on USC. It will be a whole new ballgame next week! Ohio State will win! GO BUCKS!
ImUrPO

Youngstown, OH

#11 Sep 5, 2009
That Is One of The WORST Offensive Lines I've Seen In Years.. Cordle & Browning didn't knock anyone over. I saw very little Pancake Blocks. Who's OSU's Offensive Line Coach? Is Seems That Good Lineman Go To OSU & Learn Absolutely Nothing. Outside of Rolle, Did Any Other Linebacker Make a Play. What About Our Defensive Line? Navy's QB Dropped Back How Many Times? How Many Sacks Did Our Defensive Line Make? Anderson Russell Not Only Can't Tackle, He Can't Cover A Receiver Either. I'am Very Disappointed With How The Buckeyes Played Today. I'm A Die Hard OSU Fan, but USC Will Kick Our Ass Next Week If Our Lineman Don't Learn How To Block. I'm Not Only Disguste, Im Embarressed. The Bright Spots Were OSU's Wide Receivers & Tight Ends.
Sorry Buckeyes

Powell, OH

#12 Sep 5, 2009
It is going to be a long game next week.
USC 35 Ohio St. 10
lfod

Defiance, OH

#13 Sep 5, 2009
Whats idiot decided to CLOSE half the gates to get into the stadium? Are they trying to cause a repeat of the Who concert of 1979?
putting trojan in you

Lytle Creek, CA

#14 Sep 5, 2009
haha! oh yeah, were coming for you chokeyes! you guys better show up next week but i doubt your players will, gonna get exposed on national television, once again. can we say overrated!
putting trojan in you

Lytle Creek, CA

#15 Sep 5, 2009
you guys were talking alot of shit the past month prepare to eat those words! Were coming for yah!
Bubba Buckeye

Gainesville, FL

#16 Sep 5, 2009
ImUrPO wrote:
That Is One of The WORST Offensive Lines I've Seen In Years.. Cordle & Browning didn't knock anyone over. I saw very little Pancake Blocks. Who's OSU's Offensive Line Coach? Is Seems That Good Lineman Go To OSU & Learn Absolutely Nothing. Outside of Rolle, Did Any Other Linebacker Make a Play. What About Our Defensive Line? Navy's QB Dropped Back How Many Times? How Many Sacks Did Our Defensive Line Make? Anderson Russell Not Only Can't Tackle, He Can't Cover A Receiver Either. I'am Very Disappointed With How The Buckeyes Played Today. I'm A Die Hard OSU Fan, but USC Will Kick Our Ass Next Week If Our Lineman Don't Learn How To Block. I'm Not Only Disguste, Im Embarressed. The Bright Spots Were OSU's Wide Receivers & Tight Ends.
I AGREE ! Is it going to take 8 games for them to finally start playing OR do they JUST NOT have the talent ??
Rudy

Lafayette, IN

#18 Sep 5, 2009
Wow, a lot of people are in attack mode. We did not put pressure on the QB when he dropped back to pass, because we were giving respect to the triple option running. When you do that you have to watch the play materialize and that gives the QB an extra second to set and pass. This is not the game I wanted to play before USC, I would have rather played one of our non-conf foes (Toledo or NMSU) both with more traditional offenses, to get ready for USC and give us a more inflated score like USC did playing SJSU.
older than you

Winter Garden, FL

#19 Sep 5, 2009
navy exposed the same problem the inter-squad game did..... the o-line has little talent and very slow feet

Since: Jan 09

Prishtinë, Serbia

#20 Sep 5, 2009
:P
45has2

Sugar Grove, IL

#21 Sep 5, 2009
If you can't gain 2 yards in three tries against a line you out weigh by 50lbs per man then: A. You have no talent B. You have no heart or C. BOTH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Naval Academy NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fan conflicted about Ohio State-Navy matchup | ... (Nov '10) Oct '13 eli blazeff 4
News 2 of 3 ex-football players at Naval Academy to ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 tloughrey 2
News Bethune-Cookman football player arrested -- Cri... (Apr '08) Apr '13 Shane OConnor 11
News Notre Dame freshman Russell has aptitude and at... (Dec '12) Dec '12 BigDan 1
News Can LSU Defeat Alabama a Second Time? (Dec '11) Dec '11 aFatherofThree 32
News Nike crafts new outfit for Mids (Dec '11) Dec '11 Alexander MacKenzie 1
News East Carolina 17, Navy 7 (Oct '11) Oct '11 Footballfan 1
More from around the web