BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch :...

BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch : Navy players preparing fo...

There are 56 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 1, 2009, titled BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch : Navy players preparing fo.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Sam Brown graduated from Pickerington High School in 2001 and entered the Naval Academy, choosing to play football for Navy instead of Mount Union or Dayton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Blah blah blah

Independence, OH

#41 Sep 1, 2009
Military supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a huge OSU fan but when I read or hear things like your stupid **** just put on here, I dont wanna be one anymore. These guys put their lives on the line for us to fight for our freedom, then idiots like you cant even show them any respect. Maybe you should go to Iraq and get shot at and put up with the enduring heat, then maybe you will respect these boys more!
Last time I checked, there were no ties between Iraq and terrorism, and the Iraqi Navy wasn't sitting off shore getting ready to invade. So, please answer the following question: How is fighting in Iraq a fight for our freedom?
bryan betts

Azle, TX

#42 Sep 1, 2009
Gee, I'm scared....
bryan betts

Azle, TX

#43 Sep 1, 2009
You know what, after thinking about it, why dont we just let Navy win. It would be disrespectful to beat those who serve our country. Any Buckeye fan who roots when we score a touchdown is nothing more than un-American. If you love our country, then you should just forget about the Buckeyes period. GO NAVY!! Thank you Columbus Dispatch for helping me find my way..I can't wait for the Midshipmen to come running into our stadium. I am going to cheer sooooooooo loud!! Hunter will be so proud of me. I am hoping, out of respect, that when the Buckeyes have a chance to make a huge hit, that they let up on Navy. It would be un-American to hit them hard. Let's show some restraint Buckeye fans, The Columbus Dispatch is watching. GO NAVY!!! I am no longer a Buckeye fan!! WHEWWWWWW!!!
BucksTillWeDie

New York, NY

#44 Sep 1, 2009
Blah blah blah wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I checked, there were no ties between Iraq and terrorism, and the Iraqi Navy wasn't sitting off shore getting ready to invade. So, please answer the following question: How is fighting in Iraq a fight for our freedom?
Look guy, I think your political association is quite obvious at this point. You sound like some tree-hugging peace freak. The point IS that these Naval cadets/football players are sworn to defend our constitution. It does NOT matter what the greasy over-paid politicians make them do, it is their job. DO NOT disrespect the men in uniform, they are not the ones planning the invasions. Is the war in Iraq about freedom? Does that really matter? We're talking about the fact that they are our country's defense, and what they do is difficult. How do you know they won't deploy to Africa to stop pirates? Or (because there are Marines) go to Afghanistan to stop the Taliban? Remember what the Taliban did to NY? We don't have freedom if we live in fear that our country might be attacked again. That is NOT freedom. So YES, they DO fight for your freedom, JACKASS.
BucksTillWeDie

New York, NY

#45 Sep 1, 2009
bryan betts wrote:
You know what, after thinking about it, why dont we just let Navy win. It would be disrespectful to beat those who serve our country. Any Buckeye fan who roots when we score a touchdown is nothing more than un-American. If you love our country, then you should just forget about the Buckeyes period. GO NAVY!! Thank you Columbus Dispatch for helping me find my way..I can't wait for the Midshipmen to come running into our stadium. I am going to cheer sooooooooo loud!! Hunter will be so proud of me. I am hoping, out of respect, that when the Buckeyes have a chance to make a huge hit, that they let up on Navy. It would be un-American to hit them hard. Let's show some restraint Buckeye fans, The Columbus Dispatch is watching. GO NAVY!!! I am no longer a Buckeye fan!! WHEWWWWWW!!!
Stop being stupid. All they want you to do is cheer for them when they come out. You can't get off of your ass long enough for that? It's no different than standing for the National Anthem.
Blah blah blah

Independence, OH

#46 Sep 1, 2009
BucksTillWeDie wrote:
<quoted text>
Look guy, I think your political association is quite obvious at this point. You sound like some tree-hugging peace freak. The point IS that these Naval cadets/football players are sworn to defend our constitution. It does NOT matter what the greasy over-paid politicians make them do, it is their job. DO NOT disrespect the men in uniform, they are not the ones planning the invasions. Is the war in Iraq about freedom? Does that really matter? We're talking about the fact that they are our country's defense, and what they do is difficult. How do you know they won't deploy to Africa to stop pirates? Or (because there are Marines) go to Afghanistan to stop the Taliban? Remember what the Taliban did to NY? We don't have freedom if we live in fear that our country might be attacked again. That is NOT freedom. So YES, they DO fight for your freedom, JACKASS.
Blah... blah... blah... all this talk is boring.
Veteran and a fan

Zanesville, OH

#47 Sep 1, 2009
BucksTillWeDie,

What has a jackass ever done to you? Why such a high rating for Blah......

Don't stoop to his level - arguing with only fool only makes you appear as one.
bryan betts

Azle, TX

#48 Sep 1, 2009
BucksTillWeDie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Taliban didn't do IT to NY...17 of the 19 hijackers were from SAUDI ARABIA...but instead...we invade Iraq. Disagreeing with our military actions is not disrespecting the troops, it is RESPECTING our troops.
History Lesson

Loranger, LA

#49 Sep 1, 2009
Blah blah blah:
I am a huge Buckeye fan but let me remind you that the Buckeyes lost to Air Force in the Liberty Bowl in the 90's. Don't underestimate any opponent!
lfod

Defiance, OH

#50 Sep 1, 2009
I hope Midshipmen from the midwest will have some family at the game. Do NOT underestimate their running game. GO ARMY BEAT NAVY!
BucksTillWeDie

United States

#51 Sep 1, 2009
bryan betts wrote:
<quoted text>The Taliban didn't do IT to NY...17 of the 19 hijackers were from SAUDI ARABIA...but instead...we invade Iraq. Disagreeing with our military actions is not disrespecting the troops, it is RESPECTING our troops.
Wow, so Osama Bin Laden is not the leader of the Taliban? Is he not royalty from Saudi Arabia? See the connection? I am in no way connecting Iraq to 9/11. Heck, I was already in the Army during 9/11. I was put on high alert to ship next day air to Afghanistan, but instead they sent our 3rd brigade. Next thing I know, we're getting deployment orders to Kuwait. I wasn't near a TV for months to know what was happening. I was part of the initial invasion with the 101st, and I never saw any weapons of mass destruction. Then I went back to Iraq in 2005 just to train Iraqi Army soldiers, and get blown up by roadside bombs everyday. I've been hit by 4 of them, and hit in the knee with grenade shrapnel. BUT... I STILL don't know why we went to Iraq, but I wasn't going to tell them "no".
Kevin

United States

#52 Sep 1, 2009
I am a Navy grad and appreciate the support for the Navy team. I believe that it would be great for the OSU fans to cheer for Navy when they come onto the field however I hope you cheer for your team during the game. The Navy players have dreamed of playing in a large venue like the horseshoe much less win thus this will be a big afternoon for them. As for Blah Blah, Navy, aka US Naval Academy, is where the Marine officers graduate from too. Last time I checked they deployed inside Iraq and Afghanistan.
bryan betts

Azle, TX

#53 Sep 1, 2009
Thank you for your service BucksTillWeDie.
Jane DeHart

Wilson, NC

#54 Sep 2, 2009
Thank you for this perspective. With less than 1% of US citizens serving in the military today, we need to hear about their service. And it should be a good game.
GO NAVY!
USNA Marine

United States

#55 Sep 4, 2009
Just arrived in Columbus! Can't wait until kick off. I want to be here for the game because I believe we can win! The OSU fans I ran into on my journey here from San Diego have been great and friendly. Cheering the Mids when they take the field is great and much appreciated, but make no mistake, the Mids want to WIN, so cheer as hard as you want for OSU, the mids, as small as they are when compared to OSU, don't want your sympathy. We are here to win, regardless of what the pundits say. Here is to an injury free contest! Go Navy!
A veteran and a Fan

Zanesville, OH

#56 Sep 10, 2009
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont start about this opposing fan crap. I have been to more than a few away games and had urine throw on me (Mich), nickles, dimes and pennys thrown at me (Purdue), been sucker-punched (Mich and Purdue), my wife and I both harrased (Purdue, Michigan, Northwestern). I remember when Texas came to town all of these stories ran about "abusive OSU fans". What they didn't print was the story of the two Texas fans who whwnt into Conrads and Urinated on ALL of the back-room merchandise...
OK - so let's lower ourselves to their standards? We're better than that - I thought

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Naval Academy NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fan conflicted about Ohio State-Navy matchup | ... (Nov '10) Oct '13 eli blazeff 4
News 2 of 3 ex-football players at Naval Academy to ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 tloughrey 2
News Bethune-Cookman football player arrested -- Cri... (Apr '08) Apr '13 Shane OConnor 11
News Notre Dame freshman Russell has aptitude and at... (Dec '12) Dec '12 BigDan 1
News Can LSU Defeat Alabama a Second Time? (Dec '11) Dec '11 aFatherofThree 32
News Nike crafts new outfit for Mids (Dec '11) Dec '11 Alexander MacKenzie 1
News East Carolina 17, Navy 7 (Oct '11) Oct '11 Footballfan 1