BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch :...

BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch : Navy players preparing fo...

There are 56 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 1, 2009, titled BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch : Navy players preparing fo.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Sam Brown graduated from Pickerington High School in 2001 and entered the Naval Academy, choosing to play football for Navy instead of Mount Union or Dayton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GulagCentral

United States

#1 Sep 1, 2009
This Bob Oller guy ought to get his facts straight about 9/11 before he runs his stupid flag waving hurrah for the red white and blue mouth. If he isn't a proagandist...he's simply a moron.
Paul Ranck

United States

#2 Sep 1, 2009
Listening to the stories from these guys serving in the military makes you stop for a minute and think. As a fan I get as worked up as anyone on Saturdays during football season. It really doesn't hold the same meaning as these guys who volunteered to serve and protect so we can sit back on Saturdays in the fall and act like the world will never be the same if the Buckeyes lose. Maybe we should be pulling for them just a little harder this Saturday. Not to necessarily win the game, but show them how much we appreciate what they are doing so we can sit in the stadium or in our family room and know they are out there fighting for our lives and our liberty risking their lives. God Bless America and the U.S. armed forces.
BucksTillWeDie

Warren, NJ

#3 Sep 1, 2009
Army leads the way, Hooah!
Blah blah blah

Independence, OH

#4 Sep 1, 2009
*Yawn* I appreciate the Dispatch's efforts in trying to make this week's game against a barely Division I opponent interesting. Bring on USC, so we can see a real opponent and hopefully a good, close game.
mgwolf13

Richmond, KY

#5 Sep 1, 2009
Blah blah blah wrote:
*Yawn* I appreciate the Dispatch's efforts in trying to make this week's game against a barely Division I opponent interesting. Bring on USC, so we can see a real opponent and hopefully a good, close game.
** it's fans like you that give buckeye fans a bad name. Show some respect to your opponents; they'll be showing it to you and their country while serving overseas ***

Go Navy - Navy family in Ohio
Sam

Coplay, PA

#6 Sep 1, 2009
You are rediculous. even after reading this, you still can't appreciate the true value of service these and other service academy football players give to protect our freedoms. It goes to show that you and so many other people are ignorant morons, who can't appreciate important things in life.
Just a Fan

Columbus, OH

#7 Sep 1, 2009
God Bless all American servicemen and servicewomen. If you want to see real role models, you just have to look at the young men in white jerseys and gold helmets on the visitors' sideline this Saturday. Go Bucks and GO USA
Veteran and a fan

Zanesville, OH

#8 Sep 1, 2009
We all need to remember that Football is just a game, at OSU or elsewhere. Winning or losing is not a life threatening proposition as so many fans believe. OSU fans have a bad rep, and deserve it, for the treatment they give opposing fans.

While it may seem like instant death to provide respect to an opposing team, at least try to show some when the Navy or any of our armed forces teams come come to town or stay home.
A Fan

Zanesville, OH

#9 Sep 1, 2009
Blah blah blah wrote:
You tell'em - and let your ignorance shine!!
Brad

Columbus, OH

#10 Sep 1, 2009
I support our service memebers 100%. That being said, I hope OSU blows them out on Saturday.
Brad

Columbus, OH

#11 Sep 1, 2009
mgwolf13 wrote:
<quoted text>
** it's fans like you that give buckeye fans a bad name. Show some respect to your opponents; they'll be showing it to you and their country while serving overseas ***
Go Navy - Navy family in Ohio
Just because he can't wait for the USC game you jump on his nuts? You don't have to root for navy to support our troops. He was right too, the dispatch is trying to make this game mean a little more than it should. Talking about FOOTBALL only, Navy is and underpowered D.I team, that should get blown out on Saturday.

God bless our troops and god bless the buckeyes!
Brad

Columbus, OH

#12 Sep 1, 2009
Veteran and a fan wrote:
We all need to remember that Football is just a game, at OSU or elsewhere. Winning or losing is not a life threatening proposition as so many fans believe. OSU fans have a bad rep, and deserve it, for the treatment they give opposing fans.
While it may seem like instant death to provide respect to an opposing team, at least try to show some when the Navy or any of our armed forces teams come come to town or stay home.
Dont start about this opposing fan crap. I have been to more than a few away games and had urine throw on me (Mich), nickles, dimes and pennys thrown at me (Purdue), been sucker-punched (Mich and Purdue), my wife and I both harrased (Purdue, Michigan, Northwestern). I remember when Texas came to town all of these stories ran about "abusive OSU fans". What they didn't print was the story of the two Texas fans who whwnt into Conrads and Urinated on ALL of the back-room merchandise...
Michael W

Nashville, TN

#13 Sep 1, 2009
With the Internet it sure makes it easy to understand the comment that "7 out of 10 people you walk by during a typical day are clinically insane"!
Brad

Columbus, OH

#14 Sep 1, 2009
wow.... you are deleting comments now... what about free speech dispatch???
BucksTillWeDie

New York, NY

#15 Sep 1, 2009
Does everyone realize that the Navy had the number 1 rushing offense last year? They went to a bowl? We can not over look them. Their service to this country should not be in question. All they wanted was the fans to stand up and cheer. You stand for the national anthem, don't you? What the f*** is the difference? They represent that flag, and defend it. Now shut your commie pie holes, cheer for the men, and then let us kick their asses.
Kiki

Grandville, MI

#16 Sep 1, 2009
Blah blah blah wrote:
Idiot. I live in MI now but grew up as an OSU fan and still am an OSU fan. People like "Blah blah blah" give OSU fans the bad rap that we have amongst the Big Ten.
Mark

Delaware, OH

#17 Sep 1, 2009
Tributes to the military are the last refuge of tired journalists. Hey Rob, why don't you stick to SPORTS, don't dive into something you are not prepared to discuss the brutalities of. The fact that some "servicemen" occupy and murder Iraqi's on a daily basis does not make my ability to watch Ohio State football any more enhanced.
BucksTillWeDie

New York, NY

#18 Sep 1, 2009
Mark wrote:
Tributes to the military are the last refuge of tired journalists. Hey Rob, why don't you stick to SPORTS, don't dive into something you are not prepared to discuss the brutalities of. The fact that some "servicemen" occupy and murder Iraqi's on a daily basis does not make my ability to watch Ohio State football any more enhanced.
Murder Iraqis? You're talking about sticking to sports, but you're spitting communist BS on a football website. Do yourself a favor and deport this country immediately. Don't even start to blame what's happening over there on the people who serve. The women in our military have bigger balls than you do.
Blah blah blah

Independence, OH

#19 Sep 1, 2009
Just a Fan wrote:
God Bless all American servicemen and servicewomen. If you want to see real role models, you just have to look at the young men in white jerseys and gold helmets on the visitors' sideline this Saturday. Go Bucks and GO USA
Is it a game or an opportunity to yell "America, Hell Ya!?" You people and your faux-patriotism bore me. And don't respond with the usual "they fight for my freedom" crap. The military has fought for my freedom since WWII.
Blah blah blah

Independence, OH

#20 Sep 1, 2009
I meant "hasn't fought for my freedom since WWII." Obviously, I haven't used the intervening time since the last great war for freedom to learn how to proofread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Naval Academy NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fan conflicted about Ohio State-Navy matchup | ... (Nov '10) Oct '13 eli blazeff 4
News 2 of 3 ex-football players at Naval Academy to ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 tloughrey 2
News Bethune-Cookman football player arrested -- Cri... (Apr '08) Apr '13 Shane OConnor 11
News Notre Dame freshman Russell has aptitude and at... (Dec '12) Dec '12 BigDan 1
News Can LSU Defeat Alabama a Second Time? (Dec '11) Dec '11 aFatherofThree 32
News Nike crafts new outfit for Mids (Dec '11) Dec '11 Alexander MacKenzie 1
News East Carolina 17, Navy 7 (Oct '11) Oct '11 Footballfan 1
More from around the web