Bitter loss for Navy - Hawaii Sports

Bitter loss for Navy - Hawaii Sports

There are 50 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Nov 29, 2009, titled Bitter loss for Navy - Hawaii Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

There's no way to watch Navy and ignore the Rainbow connection. Head coach Kenny Niumatalolo and offensive coordinator Ivin Jasper were part of UH's glory years back when the Rainbows won the Holiday Bowl in 1992.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Short Round

Honolulu, HI

#42 Dec 2, 2009
B O W!
Yeah wrote:
Probably the same thing Halsey had running down his legs when he got so mad and had his feeling hurt.Too bad he wasn't concerned about the lives of the men under his command as much as he was concerned about what his commander simply ASKED him. Just like you Thomas Stuart. Just can't concentrate. I hope you students fare better.
W O W!
Yeah wrote:
You know, some would say Kincaid had a yellow streak down his back for running away from a superior enemy force. The problem is, the protection he was expecting to watch his back ran away to do battle with a decoy. What a Sucker.
W O W!
Yeah wrote:
So Gilligan little buddy. Did you pinch a loaf yet? Is that why you're not responding? You've lied before so that shouldn't stop you from responding.
Good doggie.

Obeyed all three of my commands.

To the letter.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#43 Dec 2, 2009
Short Round wrote:
B O W!
<quoted text>
W O W!
<quoted text>
W O W!
<quoted text>
Good doggie.
Obeyed all three of my commands.
To the letter.
lol! Well, at least you're concentrating on one thing. The problem is, it's not the topic. But that's ok. I understand. Liars often take the road of bait and switch to hide and run.

That's why that yellow streak down your back is so visible. You're afraid to take on the subject head on, just like Halsey. Goes after the small fish and lets others take care of the big fish.

Funny how that works out when men are dying under his command.Is that sop for the navy?
Short Round

Honolulu, HI

#44 Dec 2, 2009
Yeah wrote:
.... Liars often take the road of bait and switch to hide and run.That's why that yellow streak ....?
My but the evident frustration fairly OOZES out of your pores.

Really is tough isn't it, Fido, to realize you are now being whipped around on the unbreakable leash of obedience that YOU yourself have fabricated.

Here.

Hang the expense.

Have another cyber biscuit, good doggie.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#45 Dec 2, 2009
Short Round wrote:
<quoted text>
Really is tough isn't it, Fido, to realize you are now being whipped around on the unbreakable leash of obedience that YOU yourself have fabricated.
Here.
Hang the expense.
lol! Poor baby. I guess the talking points and subjects are getting too "adult" for you now? Can't stay on them because you have no answers? Tsk, tsk. Gee, I wonder how you manage to teach kids the right thing, Thomas Stuart?

Is that what your kids do to you? Change the subject when they can't answer? They've taught you well and you've learned much from them little buddy.

I guess lying does pay for some when they teach, eh?

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#46 Dec 2, 2009
Short Round wrote:
<quoted text>
Here.
Hang the expense.
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
A tale of a hateful drip--
He posts upon the Topix boards,
What he knows is mostly ... zip.

As Thom1s, he spewed and cursed,
As Short Round, much the same
He runs and hides--a coward? Yes!
Thomas Stuart is his name!
Thomas Stuart is his name!

But we needn't finish that thought....
Keoki

Kailua Kona, HI

#47 Dec 2, 2009
Where is Task Force 34? The world wonders. You guys still fighting the Battle off Samar?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#48 Dec 2, 2009
Keoki wrote:
Where is Task Force 34? The world wonders. You guys still fighting the Battle off Samar?
Not fighting it. Just getting the facts straight.

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#49 Dec 2, 2009
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Not fighting it. Just getting the facts straight.
You've got the facts straight. Tommy Stuart runs when he hears them.

That's his exit strategy.
Keoki

Kailua Kona, HI

#50 Dec 2, 2009
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Not fighting it. Just getting the facts straight.
Hornfischer did an excellent job on the book. I made it a point to visit the memorial at Fort Rosecrans in San Diego.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#51 Dec 3, 2009
Keoki wrote:
<quoted text>Hornfischer did an excellent job on the book. I made it a point to visit the memorial at Fort Rosecrans in San Diego.
I was reading another book a while back on the same topic. Essentially the same line using memories from people who were actually there.

When viewed from Taffy 3's perspective, it was an heroic stand. When you look at the overall picture, the landings were very fortunate to have the results they did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Naval Academy NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fan conflicted about Ohio State-Navy matchup | ... (Nov '10) Oct '13 eli blazeff 4
News 2 of 3 ex-football players at Naval Academy to ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 tloughrey 2
News Bethune-Cookman football player arrested -- Cri... (Apr '08) Apr '13 Shane OConnor 11
News Notre Dame freshman Russell has aptitude and at... (Dec '12) Dec '12 BigDan 1
News Can LSU Defeat Alabama a Second Time? (Dec '11) Dec '11 aFatherofThree 32
News Nike crafts new outfit for Mids (Dec '11) Dec '11 Alexander MacKenzie 1
News East Carolina 17, Navy 7 (Oct '11) Oct '11 Footballfan 1
More from around the web