Showdown Saturday: Gators-Tigers tilt highlights key weekend

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The nonconference cupcake feasts are over. The upsets already have begun. And now we can get serious about charting the path to Miami, site of this season's BCS national-title game.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Oct 13, 2008
Micah

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

OU/Texas from the Big 12 is the highlighted game of the week. Only someone from the SEC would call the match-up between LSU and Florida the highlight of the week. OU and Texas are both in the top five. Florida isn't even in the top ten of either poll and will probably get run in its own building this weekend.

Heck I would even take the battle of Big 12 undefeated teams from Missouri and Oklahoma State ahead of this potential SEC stinker.
Sherm904

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Micah wrote:
OU/Texas from the Big 12 is the highlighted game of the week. Only someone from the SEC would call the match-up between LSU and Florida the highlight of the week. OU and Texas are both in the top five. Florida isn't even in the top ten of either poll and will probably get run in its own building this weekend.
Heck I would even take the battle of Big 12 undefeated teams from Missouri and Oklahoma State ahead of this potential SEC stinker.
Your a dumb ass were gonna beat LSU this weekend and the only reason why texas and OU are in the top 5 is because they play shit teams!
DrewC

Deridder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

They're both big games. The game of the year could be LSU vs. Bama later this season. If they both remain undefeated, they could be 1 & 2 in the polls when they meet.
Brandon Rainey

Austell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Micah wrote:
First off lets look at Oklahoma schedule...
8/30 Chattanooga 1-0 (0-0) W 57-2
9/06 Cincinnati 2-0 (0-0) W 52-26
9/13 @ Washington 3-0 (0-0) W 55-14
9/27 No. 24 TCU 4-0 (0-0) W 35-10
10/04 @ Baylor 5-0 (1-0) W 49-17
10/11 No. 5 Texas 5-1 (1-1) L 45-35
DATE OPPONENT TV TIME (ET)
10/18 No. 16 Kansas TBA
10/25 @ Kansas State TBA
11/01 Nebraska TBA
11/08 @ Texas A&M TBA
11/22 No. 7 Texas Tech TBA
11/29 @ No. 8 Oklahoma State
Its weak, therefore who cares if the go undefeated or lose one gam! Anybody in the SEC (the best conference) would kill anyone in the Big 12 especially Oklahoma. When they get a better schedule then they can be considered elite.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Missouri NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A comparison of Michael Sam and Tim Tebow's rec... May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Reactions heat up after Michael Sam kisses boyf... May '14 Janitard 57
Seahawks, Rams: DE's Jackson Jeffcoat and Micha... May '14 wjn44 1
Rams See Business As Usual After Sam Pick May '14 Roster Knife 10
Colin Kaepernick says 49ers would welcome gay p... (Feb '14) May '14 Simon Adebisi 3
Michael Sam goes from football star to pioneer (Feb '14) May '14 Ramspam 62
Mixed Reactions to Michael Sam Kissing His Boyf... May '14 Ramspam 2

Search the University of Missouri NCAA Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••