Sooners 'show the world how good we are'

Sooners 'show the world how good we are'

There are 8 comments on the A liberal dose story from Dec 2, 2007, titled Sooners 'show the world how good we are'. In it, A liberal dose reports that:

Oklahoma was stung by Missouri's comments that the Tigers gave away the game in their midseason loss to the Sooners.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at A liberal dose.

Austex

Humble, TX

#1 Dec 2, 2007
Well shoot, I'm sure there's some Aussie's in a pub way out in the outback crying in the beer over this!!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#2 Dec 2, 2007
Austex wrote:
Well shoot, I'm sure there's some Aussie's in a pub way out in the outback crying in the beer over this!!
I have no doubt there are some Tiger fans sitting in an Outback Steakhouse crying in their beer over it.

It has been a hell of a season for long-suffering Missouri fans. They just got outplayed last night.
Austex

Humble, TX

#3 Dec 2, 2007
Thats true, bud! Oklahoma played a great game! My pun was about the headlines, "the world how good we are!"

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#4 Dec 3, 2007
Austex wrote:
Thats true, bud! Oklahoma played a great game! My pun was about the headlines, "the world how good we are!"
When you live in Oklahoma you gotta be grandiose about SOMETHING ...
Austex

Humble, TX

#5 Dec 3, 2007
C'mon now, you have a lot of good things. When I was stationed at Fort Sill, I bought a pair of moccasins from this old guy who said his grandfather was Sitting Bull! I think he was pulling my leg because he had a beard! Oh well, it was a nice pair of moccasins!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#6 Dec 3, 2007
Austex wrote:
C'mon now, you have a lot of good things. When I was stationed at Fort Sill, I bought a pair of moccasins from this old guy who said his grandfather was Sitting Bull! I think he was pulling my leg because he had a beard! Oh well, it was a nice pair of moccasins!
I think you heard him wrong - he probably "Slinging Bull"
Jill

Hendersonville, TN

#7 Dec 3, 2007
WildWierdWille wrote:
<quoted text>I think you heard him wrong - he probably "Slinging Bull"
Wow you guys are hilarious!! One is from Illinois and the other won't even tell where he is from. What makes your states any better??

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#8 Dec 3, 2007
Jill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you guys are hilarious!! One is from Illinois and the other won't even tell where he is from. What makes your states any better??
Oh, give me a break ... like you never took a couple of pot shots at Kentucky (assuming your IP shows correctly).

First of all, I moved here from Missouri (and am still only about forty miles on the wrong side of the river).

Second, it's meant in jest, the same way that as a Navy vet poke fun at the Marines, Army, and Air Scouts (oops, there I go again).

Get a life ... or at least a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Missouri NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missouri vs. Illinois: Winners and Losers (Dec '16) Dec '16 Golfitz 1
News Colin Kaepernick says 49ers would welcome gay p... (Feb '14) Sep '16 John Wick 4
News Four-star Texas defender Marvin Terry committed... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 3
News "Resurrection of Dorial Green Beckham" (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Mizzou Basketball Releases 2008-09 Television S... (Nov '08) Mar '15 Lab 3
News Randy Smith: SEC Picks Week 14 (Nov '14) Nov '14 tldooley 1
News Just Let Michael Sam Play (Sep '14) Sep '14 Flatulence Fred 3
More from around the web