Crump helps pick up Boilers

Crump helps pick up Boilers

There are 45 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 29, 2007, titled Crump helps pick up Boilers. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Until 3:47 remained in the first half of Saturday's basketball game against Florida International, Purdue senior point guard Tarrance Crump wasn't having a good week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jack - - -

Avon, IN

#2 Dec 30, 2007
Nice Crowd....are the cornpickers done yet??
OH Lee

Memphis, TN

#3 Dec 30, 2007
Yeah, a whopping 8,000 people showed up. Boiler up!
Don Sanders

Westerville, OH

#4 Dec 30, 2007
Another pathetic performance from my Boilers. It's going to be a long,cold conference season. We look like an average high school team at this point.
Rick M

Munster, IN

#5 Dec 30, 2007
Blah blah blah......obviously there are some folks posting who are on work-release and are being taught computer skills. Good job - welcome back to freedom.

The Boilers have one senior and a bunch of frosh and sophomores and are 9-4 during their first year as starters in non-conference action. Ohhhh the disaster! Woe is me.

It's all going to pay off in the future, not this year. Anyone with a modicum of sense would realize it.

Painter has a team that is learning to be a top defensive team. The shots and scoring confidence will develop later as they gain more experience.

Students are on break and the rest of the area are off doing other things this holiday season. Believe it or not, there are many folks who don't consider a basketball game a life or death deal.

And so you folks have nothing else to do in your lives but follow the results of OTHER basketball teams and their total attendance?? LOL.

Go Boilers !!

“time to get rid of murderers”

Since: Dec 07

roswell

#6 Dec 30, 2007
Rick M wrote:
Blah blah blah......obviously there are some folks posting who are on work-release and are being taught computer skills. Good job - welcome back to freedom.
The Boilers have one senior and a bunch of frosh and sophomores and are 9-4 during their first year as starters in non-conference action. Ohhhh the disaster! Woe is me.
It's all going to pay off in the future, not this year. Anyone with a modicum of sense would realize it.
Painter has a team that is learning to be a top defensive team. The shots and scoring confidence will develop later as they gain more experience.
Students are on break and the rest of the area are off doing other things this holiday season. Believe it or not, there are many folks who don't consider a basketball game a life or death deal.
And so you folks have nothing else to do in your lives but follow the results of OTHER basketball teams and their total attendance?? LOL.
Go Boilers !!
Yeah...blah, blah, blah. Face it: Purdue never does anything worthwhile in basketball. We hear it all the time: "Wait 'til next year." Then, next year comes, and if they're lucky enough to even make the NCAA tourney, they flame out. Couldn't even win with Robinson. Second-tier program. Always has been, always will be.
truc

Kenosha, WI

#7 Dec 30, 2007
Ah yes squeaks sucks no people but they continue to win. They can't give iu, Michigan State and Wisconsin a 16 point lead but the other teams they can come back on at least at home I think.
Rex

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 30, 2007
jessy from roswell wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...blah, blah, blah. Face it: Purdue never does anything worthwhile in basketball. We hear it all the time: "Wait 'til next year." Then, next year comes, and if they're lucky enough to even make the NCAA tourney, they flame out. Couldn't even win with Robinson. Second-tier program. Always has been, always will be.
Actually, Rick is right on. Everything he said makes total sense and this team is definitely going places. They came roaring back to easily put FIU away. The problem I see with the cupcake teams is thier intensity level. It's just not there whereas it is against Clemson, Missouri, and Louisville. It's something that needs to be figured out as the season progresses.

But since a lot of IU haters like to post here, let me be the first to remind of them of two things:

They haven't had a signature win (and beating UK doesn't count this year) and their schedule has been full of cream puffs.

The Sampson debacle. My guess is that the NCAA will come down on this guy...hard. Greenspan should fire hire him now to save any few fleeting shreds of honor IU has.

But much more importantly, Purdue won.
class dismissed

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Dec 30, 2007
at least we dont have a cheating coach and pot smoking players, the fact that iu fans come to purdue threads and criticize a WIN shows they have no class. i guess if you have to support a classless coach and classless players it makes sense.
Purdue Calumet Alum

United States

#10 Dec 30, 2007
jessy from roswell wrote:
<quoted text>
You better go check the stats. Take a look at Big Ten Championships. It seems that PURDUE has the most!! I guess your comment about a second tier program is WRONG.

Oh yeah and before you mention your National championships just remember, most of them were won when the NIT was the major tournament at the end of the year also the NCAA tourney had only 16 or 32 teams in the tournament...weak!
Bill Bellacheat

AOL

#11 Dec 30, 2007
To all of you PU fans complaining about IU fans posting, do you think that any PU fans post on the IU articles??? If you can't take it quit reading. Oh I forgot, quit having someone read it to you while you are feeding the hogs. "Dumbass"
old roy

Redmond, WA

#12 Dec 30, 2007
anyone notice how i always type in 'suck'????
or 'cream puff'???
read between the lines, boys, i want some action!!!
Rex

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 30, 2007
old roy wrote:
anyone notice how i always type in 'suck'????
or 'cream puff'???
read between the lines, boys, i want some action!!!
Purdue fans just don't care about you, Roy. But in all seriousness, if you would like to discuss cream puff and suck, just look at who has dominated IU schedule for cream puff. IU has played a bunch of nobodies.

Since: Jul 07

United States

#14 Dec 30, 2007
Big Ten teams are salivating at the thought of two cupcake wins over Pee Eew. Things are going to get ugly starting Wednesday night when the Big Ten season begins.

9-4 isn't too good with cupcake season over. 10 wins is possible by March maybe.

My bets are Porkchop Painter will look muck like Gene Keady after the season. Losing ages a coach tremendously.
Dan The Fan

Mount Vernon, OH

#15 Dec 30, 2007
Rex wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Rick is right on. Everything he said makes total sense and this team is definitely going places. They came roaring back to easily put FIU away. The problem I see with the cupcake teams is thier intensity level. It's just not there whereas it is against Clemson, Missouri, and Louisville. It's something that needs to be figured out as the season progresses.
But since a lot of IU haters like to post here, let me be the first to remind of them of two things:
They haven't had a signature win (and beating UK doesn't count this year) and their schedule has been full of cream puffs.
The Sampson debacle. My guess is that the NCAA will come down on this guy...hard. Greenspan should fire hire him now to save any few fleeting shreds of honor IU has.
Proof read much? Your post makes no sense....[you write] "IU haters like to post here" [then you minimize IU's UK victory???]...."remind of them of two things"...."Greenspa n should fire hire him now"...

Get an education!!!
Boiler

United States

#16 Dec 30, 2007
Purdue Calumet Alum wrote:
<quoted text>
You better go check the stats. Take a look at Big Ten Championships. It seems that PURDUE has the most!! I guess your comment about a second tier program is WRONG.
Oh yeah and before you mention your National championships just remember, most of them were won when the NIT was the major tournament at the end of the year also the NCAA tourney had only 16 or 32 teams in the tournament...weak!
Go back to sleep and at least check facts before making a fool of yourself
PURDUI

United States

#17 Dec 30, 2007
Rex wrote:
<quoted text>
It took a "sickly" guard to pull out the win ? That is soooo funny . Hell , Crump was probably drunk or hungover . Can we say hit & run ? This program is a joke ! And you are consumed with Sampson ? WOW !
PURDUI

United States

#18 Dec 30, 2007
Rex wrote:
<quoted text>
Purdue fans just don't care about you, Roy. But in all seriousness, if you would like to discuss cream puff and suck, just look at who has dominated IU schedule for cream puff. IU has played a bunch of nobodies.
You are referring to "nobodies" ? I guess a PURDUI fan would know a nobody when they see one ....of course PU lost to one of those "nobodies" . Does WOFFORD ring a bell ? On their home court no less . PU SUCKS !! They are irrelevent ! I love it !
Hoosierguy

Akron, OH

#19 Dec 30, 2007
Purdue Calumet Alum wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite possibly the most idiotic posts in the history of posts. Are you joking or mentally challenged? IU's championships in 76, 81, 87, put them at the top of the mountain that year in college basketball. If it were so easy, where are Purdue's banners? I guess they just didn't want any huh? In fact, how many final fours did Keady make it to? The answer...one less than Mike Davis. Nuff said.
PURDUI

United States

#20 Dec 30, 2007
Hoosierguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite possibly the most idiotic posts in the history of posts. Are you joking or mentally challenged? IU's championships in 76, 81, 87, put them at the top of the mountain that year in college basketball. If it were so easy, where are Purdue's banners? I guess they just didn't want any huh? In fact, how many final fours did Keady make it to? The answer...one less than Mike Davis. Nuff said.
This idiot will not comprehend something this complex . HA HA !!!
boilermom

Fort Recovery, OH

#21 Dec 30, 2007
The last time IU basketball was relevant was 20 years ago....Get over it IU, your days are done and you should quit living in the past.

Can't wait for the NCAA to finally rule on Sampsons continued transgressions, and hammer the final nail in the programs coffin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Missouri NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missouri vs. Illinois: Winners and Losers Dec 26 Golfitz 1
News Colin Kaepernick says 49ers would welcome gay p... (Feb '14) Sep '16 John Wick 4
News Four-star Texas defender Marvin Terry committed... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 3
News "Resurrection of Dorial Green Beckham" (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Mizzou Basketball Releases 2008-09 Television S... (Nov '08) Mar '15 Lab 3
News Randy Smith: SEC Picks Week 14 (Nov '14) Nov '14 tldooley 1
News Just Let Michael Sam Play (Sep '14) Sep '14 Flatulence Fred 3
More from around the web