Zook talks of big possibilities

Zook talks of big possibilities

There are 47 comments on the The Daily Illini story from Jul 29, 2007, titled Zook talks of big possibilities. In it, The Daily Illini reports that:

It's just over a month until Illinois kicks off its 2007 football season and Ron Zook is sitting in his office talking about possibilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Illini.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
get it straight

La Puente, CA

#1 Jul 30, 2007
headline Sept 1,2007

MIZZOU STOMPS ILLINI

you heard it here first

“Life is what you make it”

Since: Jun 07

Champaign, IL

#2 Jul 30, 2007
Heard what? All I see is "blah blah blah unsupported and unproven banter blah blah blah."

Wait until it happens. Then talk trash. Anything before the fact is just stupid.
Pondhockey

Sioux City, IA

#3 Aug 2, 2007
Wow, that's big talk, coming from Misery.
Truman

Arnold, MO

#4 Aug 8, 2007
Zook talking of big possibilities? It seems even he forgets one major problem, he can recruit like made but the guy simply can't coach.
get it straight

La Puente, CA

#5 Aug 16, 2007
with a little luck, sounds like another 2 win season for the Illini.
jus figures

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Aug 31, 2007
2 wins is pushing it
jus figures

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Sep 2, 2007
Zook still talking about those big possibilities?

Champaign, IL

#8 Sep 4, 2007
jus figures wrote:
Zook still talking about those big possibilities?
You won by 6 points against our unproven, freshman quarterback. You by no means stomped our team. If that were the case, the deficit would have been much greater. Don't be a homer. It was a good game.
good one

Louisville, KY

#9 Sep 20, 2007
i was at that game. I wasn't a good game. If MU wouldn't of made a couple of mistakes, it would have been disasterous.
Florida Seven

United States

#10 Sep 22, 2007
get it straight wrote:
headline Sept 1,2007
MIZZOU STOMPS ILLINI
you heard it here first
Coach Zook- congrats on the win at Indiana. We are behind you! Your Florida fans!!Mike Courson and family.
good one

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Sep 22, 2007
wow, book your tickets for pasadena
Van Hagar

Union, KY

#12 Sep 23, 2007
I won't book my tickets. I WILL tout the Illini as an improving team. You want to take that away, do so at your own folly. Zook got screwed at FL because he took a position that was doomed to begin with, following "THE" coach. He lost players and those who WON were his recruits. He never really had the chance to coach his own team.

The Illini are 3-1, after a loss to MU that, while deserved, gets an asterisk for loss of QB. I'd be interested to see what would have happened were the roles reversed.

Talk all the smack you want. We really don't care. We'll support our team regardless.

Champaign, IL

#13 Sep 25, 2007
Van Hagar wrote:
I won't book my tickets. I WILL tout the Illini as an improving team. You want to take that away, do so at your own folly. Zook got screwed at FL because he took a position that was doomed to begin with, following "THE" coach. He lost players and those who WON were his recruits. He never really had the chance to coach his own team.
The Illini are 3-1, after a loss to MU that, while deserved, gets an asterisk for loss of QB. I'd be interested to see what would have happened were the roles reversed.
Talk all the smack you want. We really don't care. We'll support our team regardless.
Amen.
good one

Louisville, KY

#14 Sep 27, 2007
after zook is done here, he can go to boise state.

That way he doesn't have to change his wardrobe.
Huskers by 40

Middelburg, Netherlands

#15 Oct 4, 2007
Pinkel is a pinky
Van Hagar

Jeffersonville, IN

#16 Oct 6, 2007
Okay, good one, what have you to say now? Do it. DO IT!

Let's see what your prognosticating gets us. You've been soooo correct to this point. Zook is rockin', dude. And he's STILL working with Turner's players. You want to support 'ole Ron?

Peace.
champaign tiger

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Oct 7, 2007
thanks for beating the #5 team and making the MU
Tigers look better. If you can beat them, just think how bad the Tigers would have beat them.
Van Hagar

Burlington, KY

#18 Oct 7, 2007
champaign tiger wrote:
thanks for beating the #5 team and making the MU
Tigers look better. If you can beat them, just think how bad the Tigers would have beat them.
First off, even though I failed to quote him in, that message was intended for "good one." Secondly, read the rest of the forum. Your question is asked and answered.

In short, we have a young team of mixed recruiting heritage. Let Zook work his magic. I look forward to the next couple of years as ZOOK'S recruits take senior control of the team. Then we'll compare programs.

As for MU, I wish the team well. They are a good team and they are due for success. It is usually a competitive game that could go either way, especially in football and men's basketball. I look forward to our games. Tennis, anyone?

Peace.
Van Hagar

Burlington, KY

#19 Oct 7, 2007
Question was the wrong word. Assertion would be better.

Peace.
good one

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Oct 13, 2007
you're right Hagar, Zook is rockin dude

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Missouri NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four-star Texas defender Marvin Terry committed... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News "Resurrection of Dorial Green Beckham" (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Mizzou Basketball Releases 2008-09 Television S... (Nov '08) Mar '15 Lab 3
News Randy Smith: SEC Picks Week 14 (Nov '14) Nov '14 tldooley 1
News Just Let Michael Sam Play (Sep '14) Sep '14 Flatulence Fred 3
News Conservative Christians plan protest, boycott o... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Cowboyzz 10
News A comparison of Michael Sam and Tim Tebow's rec... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
More from around the web