Tornado hits near Ga. Dome, halts SEC...

Tornado hits near Ga. Dome, halts SEC tourney

There are 2 comments on the sportsillustrated.cnn.com story from Mar 14, 2008, titled Tornado hits near Ga. Dome, halts SEC tourney. In it, sportsillustrated.cnn.com reports that:

A severe storm ripped away two panels in the side of the Georgia Dome during the Southeastern Conference tournament, sending debris falling from the ceiling, halting the Alabama-Mississippi State game and ...

Readers: If you heard from friends or family in Atlanta during or soon after the tornado hit the Georgia Dome, let us hear from you.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at sportsillustrated.cnn.com.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Mar 14, 2008
It must have been really frightening for all of the people in the Georgia Dome, to suddenly hear the tornado overhead and to see the scoreboard swinging overhead. I'm not sure why they didn't give the people some warning, and the National Weather Bureau was tracking the storm heading in their direction. It may have been they didn't announce the warning because they were afraid of panic. I just know if I were there I would want to be warned. Later this evening they showed scenes from downtown Atlanta. It was a powerful storm that hit Atlanta. I haven't heard, yet, but hopefully there weren't any fatalaties.
Greg

Evansville, IN

#2 Aug 9, 2012
That was bad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi State Bulldogs NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Renardo Sidney: What went wrong? (Jul '12) Jul '12 bballer 1
Sportsmanship (Mar '12) Mar '12 UK FAN 1
News Akron men's basketball team gets victory at Mis... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Buck-off 1
News Kanter scandal was bound to happen (Sep '10) Sep '10 Concerned 1
News College men's basketball: Ex-UCLA coach Steve L... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Brew In 1
miss. st. displays lack of class (Feb '10) Mar '10 Mark 4
News Kentucky survives upset bid by State (Feb '10) Feb '10 cats 123 4
More from around the web