Dolphins luring two assistants from t...

Dolphins luring two assistants from the college ranks

There are 43 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 23, 2008, titled Dolphins luring two assistants from the college ranks. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

It appears the Dolphins continue to fill out Tony Sparano's coaching staff by luring a head coach, and an assistant from the college ranks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
horizon

Cape Coral, FL

#2 Jan 23, 2008
is it just me or what? i'm not real impressed with the people that they are filling the coaching staff with. i hope parcells and spoano know what their doing
PERSPECTIVE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Jan 23, 2008
Special teams needs some love too . Field position is a big part of the game . Mike Singletary would probably have the frame of mind for it . He played with reckless abandon .
Randolph

Kanata, Canada

#4 Jan 23, 2008
horizon wrote:
is it just me or what? i'm not real impressed with the people that they are filling the coaching staff with. i hope parcells and spoano know what their doing
It is probably just you. These guys all have a plan and I am sure even you and I would be an upgrade from Cam's crew last year.

I am interested as to who will be the offensive coordinator. I am not sold on Dan Henning, but the guy from UCLA looks promising.
GFK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Jan 23, 2008
horizon wrote:
is it just me or what? i'm not real impressed with the people that they are filling the coaching staff with. i hope parcells and spoano know what their doing
FIRE PARCELLS!!!!
ref

San Francisco, CA

#6 Jan 23, 2008
anyone is better than the idiot scam moron. but is a buddy business. all coaches take care of eacg other since they are not paying them so they hire their friends to make a lot of money. it's that they are good coaches but rather good friends. it sucks. all you need is a good off and def. coord. the rest is mute. make wayne pay!
Batman

Boynton Beach, FL

#7 Jan 23, 2008
DOLPHIN TRADITION CONTINUES. PARCELLS IS HIRING HIS BUDDIES WHOSE TRACK RECORDS ARE THAT OF LOSERS.

YEP, BUSINESS AS USUAL AT DOLPHIN CAMP!!! BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME SCUMZIENGA
Batman

Boynton Beach, FL

#8 Jan 23, 2008
NO WONDER ONLY NEW ENGLAND IS A REAL WINNER. THEY DO IT RIGHT, NO BUDDY SYSTEM. ALL BUSINESS AS IT SHOULD BE.

GO PATRIOTS. THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING THEY HAVE WON!! NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE COMES CLOSE TO THE EFFICIENT, NOVEL WAY THEY RUN THEIR OFFENSE AND DEFENSE. JUST WATCH THEM, THEY ARE IN A LEAGUE ALL TO THEMSELVES.

YOU'D THINK TEAMS WOULD COPY THEM BUT THEY ARE TOO BUSY HIRING BUDDIES AND GOOD OL BOYS. SORRY DOLPHINS, NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AS LONG AS SCUMZIENGA OWNS THE TEAM. REMEMBER WHERE YOU READ IT!
Shut Up

Vista, CA

#9 Jan 23, 2008
How can so many people formulate opinions about guys they've never heard of before? If these guys were sitting in your living room, you wouldn't know who they were, yet people instinctively pop off about how it might not be a good hire. How the F*** would any fan know that? Parcells is going to the Hall of Fame. All of us can go to the Hall of Fame, but we need to buy a ticket to get in. I think the dude knows what he's doing. Not to mention, wake me up when we get some players. Last time I checked, coaches don't suit up.
Yogi

Boca Raton, FL

#10 Jan 23, 2008
They haven't even coached their first practice and everybody is ragging on them and thinks they know better. What a bunch of losers in this town. Just go back to running your Fantasy football teams and let Sparano and Parcells do their jobs.
Dan

Delray Beach, FL

#11 Jan 23, 2008
Shut Up wrote:
How can so many people formulate opinions about guys they've never heard of before? If these guys were sitting in your living room, you wouldn't know who they were, yet people instinctively pop off about how it might not be a good hire. How the F*** would any fan know that? Parcells is going to the Hall of Fame. All of us can go to the Hall of Fame, but we need to buy a ticket to get in. I think the dude knows what he's doing. Not to mention, wake me up when we get some players. Last time I checked, coaches don't suit up.
At least one of eight comments makes sense. It is comforting to know that there is still a small percentage of South Floridians with some logic. Thank you...
Dan

Delray Beach, FL

#12 Jan 23, 2008
Shut Up wrote:
How can so many people formulate opinions about guys they've never heard of before? If these guys were sitting in your living room, you wouldn't know who they were, yet people instinctively pop off about how it might not be a good hire. How the F*** would any fan know that? Parcells is going to the Hall of Fame. All of us can go to the Hall of Fame, but we need to buy a ticket to get in. I think the dude knows what he's doing. Not to mention, wake me up when we get some players. Last time I checked, coaches don't suit up.
Damn, and you are from California. Just when I was getting my hopes up...
JSR

Wilmington, NC

#13 Jan 23, 2008
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
At least one of eight comments makes sense. It is comforting to know that there is still a small percentage of South Floridians with some logic. Thank you...
I'll second this. Yeah it might be a buddy hook up system. But ya know something? Seems to me the Tuna has been pretty successful turning around teams with his "buddies".

The way I see it, there isn't any better person in this league, short of Don Shula losing about 40 years of age, to come in and fix this team.

Some of you people would argue with a stop sign. Until you become a consultant for ole Wayne, It doesn't much matter what you think.
13kvfins

Pompano Beach, FL

#14 Jan 23, 2008
Batman wrote:
DOLPHIN TRADITION CONTINUES. PARCELLS IS HIRING HIS BUDDIES WHOSE TRACK RECORDS ARE THAT OF LOSERS.
YEP, BUSINESS AS USUAL AT DOLPHIN CAMP!!! BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME SCUMZIENGA
The ambigueously gay duo!!Hey batman,after all these yrs,are you still consuming robins pecker??Or has he cut you off which brings you here?? Go back to your cave,and yank it!!!!!!!!!!Mr.H is one of the most dedicated owners in the league,he loves the Miami Dolphins with all his heart(his tears of victory proved that to non/believers),and intelligent Fin fans pray he never sells!!!!!Go FINS,Mr.H,and Parcells!!!!!!!!!!
13kvfins

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Jan 23, 2008
Batman wrote:
NO WONDER ONLY NEW ENGLAND IS A REAL WINNER. THEY DO IT RIGHT, NO BUDDY SYSTEM. ALL BUSINESS AS IT SHOULD BE.
GO PATRIOTS. THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING THEY HAVE WON!! NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE COMES CLOSE TO THE EFFICIENT, NOVEL WAY THEY RUN THEIR OFFENSE AND DEFENSE. JUST WATCH THEM, THEY ARE IN A LEAGUE ALL TO THEMSELVES.
YOU'D THINK TEAMS WOULD COPY THEM BUT THEY ARE TOO BUSY HIRING BUDDIES AND GOOD OL BOYS. SORRY DOLPHINS, NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AS LONG AS SCUMZIENGA OWNS THE TEAM. REMEMBER WHERE YOU READ IT!
Yep,the Pats are in a league of thier own,which takes whatever team you root for out of the equation also!!(Shouldn't they be copying them also,who are they,I wonder??)..We've read it from others like you who have too little intelligence to know what the CapsLock tab means,long b/4 you came out into the sunlight!! Go FINS!!!!!
Joe

Ferndale, MI

#16 Jan 23, 2008
Parcells will draft Miami right into a 9 - 7 to 10 - 6 team that bites it in the playoffs every year that they manage to barely get there. The Fins will be rebuilding *again* in three years or less.
MadDog

United States

#17 Jan 23, 2008
VMI athletic director Donny White said "Jim Reid has done a splendid job at VMI in just two years," What gets me is how a record of compiling records of 2-9 in 2006 and 1-10 in 2007 is a splendid job.

I would think that they would be very happy he's gone with that record unless they like losing!
otown

Daytona Beach, FL

#18 Jan 23, 2008
JSR wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll second this. Yeah it might be a buddy hook up system. But ya know something? Seems to me the Tuna has been pretty successful turning around teams with his "buddies".
The way I see it, there isn't any better person in this league, short of Don Shula losing about 40 years of age, to come in and fix this team.
Some of you people would argue with a stop sign. Until you become a consultant for ole Wayne, It doesn't much matter what you think.
I dont think its so much of a buddy system but more of trying to build the coaching staff available. And dont forg these guys will be spending 60-70 hours a week together thru very tense / heated times.
otown

Daytona Beach, FL

#19 Jan 23, 2008
Build the best coaching staff that is
Good One

Vista, CA

#20 Jan 23, 2008
Dan.......I lived in Miami from 1970 to 1978 and my family had season tix the entire time. Looks like we picked the right window of time! I've stayed a fan ever since. Like any organization, the culture of it starts at the top and everything has to be blamed on leadership. Just because Wayne was brilliant in other ventures, that doesn't mean he knows sh** about football.......or whom to hire to run it. All we can do is hope that he got it right this time. It's just so annoying to hear people offer opinions as though they're fact, when the truth is, none of us knows. Most of the people blogging are probably lousy at their own jobs and now they think they're experts at building a professional football team. Get real and scream at the tv. It's all we're really qualified for no matter what else we think.

Since: Oct 07

Boynton Beach

#23 Jan 23, 2008
im not going to jump to criticizing yet but it doesnt help when you hire a guy who was 3-11 and virginia military institute

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi Rebels NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top Five Camp Questions for Ole Miss (Sep '16) Sep '16 Jim McCauley 1
News LSU's offense couldn't help the defense in the ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 joey 1
News Hot Reads: Saturday nears, and we smell upsets (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mizzou Fan 1
News Respect Hunting (May '13) May '13 Karvellis Lee 1
Rory Johnson LB from Vicksburg/Hinds Comm. College (Aug '06) Mar '13 tim 3
News Top-ranked Crimson Tide get back to SEC work ag... (Sep '12) Sep '12 BigDan 3
News Trent Richardson Heisman Finalist: Alabama RB A... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tim rhodes 1
More from around the web