Ole Miss fans pine for Cutcliffe days

Ole Miss fans pine for Cutcliffe days

There are 44 comments on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Sep 29, 2006, titled Ole Miss fans pine for Cutcliffe days. In it, Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

In 2003, David Cutcliffe had Ole Miss football at a level it hadn't seen since the Nixon Administration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
PAUL POWELL

Pinola, MS

#43 Feb 5, 2007
IT'S APPARENT THAT THE PRESENT COACH? RECUITER DON'T FEEL THAT WE HAVE TALENT IN MISSISSIPPI. NOW OLE MISS FANS CAN FILL THE SEATS WATCHING OUTER STATE PLAYERS. MS. PLAYER'S PLAY WITH PRIDE FOR THEIR STATE, REFER BACK TO THE DAYS OF OUR NATIONAL RANKINGS.
Nashville Rebel

Nashville, TN

#44 Feb 10, 2007
I don't think that it's a "talent" issue for MS. I lived there for 29 years and watched football from Southaven,MS to McComb to Vicksburg. There is talent in MS, but unfortunately, the level of education that is needed to be eligable to qualify on an ACT of GPA is the issue. It's a fact that the state educational program is so underfunded that any gifted athletes are forced to go to JUCO and play. It's an age old story: recruit a 4 star or 5 star player and a largew percentage of them struggle to qualify academically. Besides this fact, you cannot blame a coach for going after the best talent available for a program.*Remember- Eli was not from MS!!!
bullkicker

Prairieville, LA

#45 Feb 19, 2007
I AGREE THAT CUTCLIFF IS A REALLY GOOD COACH, BUT NO OTHER TEAM HAS LOOKED AT HIM AS A HEAD COACH.
I LIKE COACH CUT BUT EVERYTHING THAT IS BEING SAID IS TRUE. OLE MISS DID USE HIM TO GET ELI WHICH IS ONE PLAYER. THAT ONE PLAYER DID GET SOME OTHERS TO COME TO OLE MISS. OLE MISS GAVE HIM ONE YEAR AFTER ELI AND GAVE HIM UP. THEY TOLD HIM TO GET RID OF SOME ASSISSTANT COACHES AND HE COULD STAY.
HE DID THE RIGHT THING AND LEFT AND GOOD LUCK AS OC. THATS HIS FORTE
Nashville Rebel

Nashville, TN

#46 Feb 21, 2007
2 simple things, first a question:
1- Did the DL (Powe, I think is his name) ever get NCAA eligible and sign his LOI with Ole Miss?
2- We turned in a top 25 recruiting class with Powe's signing. Coach O is getting on a hot seat. There are no more excuses about a lack of talent at Ole Miss. As a long time Ole Miss and graduate, anything less than 7 wins is a dissappointment. I do realize that Snead will make an impact in '08 but Cutcliffe's mark on the team is practically erased. It's time to see some results. I am tired of driving 350 miles to watch them get beat!!! Go Rebs!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi Rebels NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LSU's offense couldn't help the defense in the ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 joey 1
News Hot Reads: Saturday nears, and we smell upsets (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mizzou Fan 1
News Respect Hunting (May '13) May '13 Karvellis Lee 1
Rory Johnson LB from Vicksburg/Hinds Comm. College (Aug '06) Mar '13 tim 3
News Top-ranked Crimson Tide get back to SEC work ag... (Sep '12) Sep '12 BigDan 3
News Trent Richardson Heisman Finalist: Alabama RB A... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tim rhodes 1
News Houston Nutt gone at Ole Miss (Nov '11) Nov '11 jesco 2
More from around the web