Illinois advances to Big Ten title game

Illinois advances to Big Ten title game

There are 27 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 15, 2008, titled Illinois advances to Big Ten title game. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

This time it did not need a last-second shot, as it had against Penn State in their opening-round game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Mar 16, 2008
Little Abe is trying his hand at humor now, seeing how he showed how little he knows about basketball. Sadly, he is every bit as inept at this practice as well. Oh well, when in Amesburg...
Joe Illini

Elkhart, IN

#29 Mar 16, 2008
Bill Self wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't win the Big Tens if you can't score 60 points.(That's in a game, btw, not a week.)
You may borrow that Crisco in order to extract yourself from the exceptionally large woman you brought home last night.
Bill, Bill, Bill, why you are so bitter? The real Bill Self is, at best, an overhyped coach; at worst, an overhyped traitor. You need to "extract yourself" from the fantasy world you're living in and return to the real Illini Nation, where Bruce Weber is king and we're all his loyal subjects. No need for Crisco here, Bill, because Tessie and I are naturally lathered up and ready for another go before the game. And remember, Bill, the Badgers may have more raw talent, but the Illini have the spirit of the Chief on their side! Go Illini!
emily

Oak Lawn, IL

#30 Mar 16, 2008
Pretty sure the Badgers' point guard is Trevon Hughes. Not Trevor. :)
emily

Oak Lawn, IL

#31 Mar 16, 2008
Oh...and Go Badgers. :)
pjd

Oak Lawn, IL

#32 Mar 16, 2008
Bill Self wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't win the Big Tens if you can't score 60 points.(That's in a game, btw, not a week.)
You may borrow that Crisco in order to extract yourself from the exceptionally large woman you brought home last night.
That team you bought this year sure was expensive.

Also, your last loss at Illinois was terrible, losing to Notre Dame. In your head, you're a better coach than everyone else, but you're as bad a game coach as Lou Henson.
Chief

Chicago, IL

#33 Mar 16, 2008
Vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
Most annoying chant ever at a Bulls game. Fine to do at your own games, but please, there's no need to cheer for Deron Williams in the UTAH JAZZ. Thank you.
OK, How's this?

B-A-R A-C-K!
Tom

Muskego, WI

#35 Mar 17, 2008
Vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
Most annoying chant ever at a Bulls game. Fine to do at your own games, but please, there's no need to cheer for Deron Williams in the UTAH JAZZ. Thank you.
Could you picture Deron Williams in a Bulls jersey? I would trade the whole team for this guy. Also trade for Luther Head. I see his team has won 22 in a row. Then we can do the I-L-L, I-N-I chant and annoy vote Obama

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Golden Gophers Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota vs. Indiana: Start Time, Live Stream,... (Jan '13) Jan '13 mei 1
News Minnesota's do-it-all threat MarQueis Gray seek... (Dec '12) Dec '12 MrnnGold 1
News Boilermakers win third straight (Jan '09) Jan '09 GophersCheat 1
News Minnesota Gophers move up to 18th in AP men's b... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Bob the Bilderberg 12
News Pitino, Smith renew friendly rivalry in desert (Dec '08) Dec '08 Jerry Rose 1
News Wahine survive in 5 (Sep '08) Sep '08 Volleyball fan 8
News Gophers women's basketball: Pam Borton signs ne... (Sep '08) Sep '08 The Loon 2
More from around the web