Illinois advances to Big Ten title game

This time it did not need a last-second shot, as it had against Penn State in their opening-round game. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Teacher in Illinois

Myrtle Beach, SC

#1 Mar 15, 2008
This is insane. I can't believe this! Go Illini!
SCSnake

United States

#2 Mar 15, 2008
Teacher in Illinois wrote:
This is insane. I can't believe this! Go Illini!
Just wait until they win the NCAA title........
Rob

Skokie, IL

#3 Mar 15, 2008
I-L-L
politwriter

Arlington Heights, IL

#5 Mar 15, 2008
A little correction as per the headline.

The Wisconsin Badgers won the Big-10 title based on their body of work over the entire season.

This is the Big-10 post-regular season tournament.

Wisconsin, as Big-10 champ and #8 in the country is already guaranteed at least a 3rd seed, and possibly a low 2nd seed in the national tournament.

Illinois has to win this game to get an NCAA bid. The Big-10 championship, Wisconsin Badgers, may be resting some of their starters tomorrow, because the game is relatively small potatoes for them but, we'll see.
illinimike

United States

#6 Mar 15, 2008
Where are the Weber Haters now? Oh thats right, they are back on the band wagon again. Weber has pushed all the right buttons and this team is playing with HEART. They can win this tomorrow. Go Illini!!!!!
politwriter

Arlington Heights, IL

#9 Mar 15, 2008
illinimike wrote:
Where are the Weber Haters now? Oh thats right, they are back on the band wagon again. Weber has pushed all the right buttons and this team is playing with HEART. They can win this tomorrow. Go Illini!!!!!
They did finally wake up and play with heart. And they can win this tomorrow, if the Big 10-Champion, Wisconsin Badgers rest their starters, which Bo Ryan may well do.

#8 Wisconsin has bigger fish to fry down the road than lowly Illinois.

But it would be exciting for Illini fans to make the show. God knows, they need something to buoy their spirits.

Go Badgers!

And bring back the Chief!
Chief

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 15, 2008
Rob wrote:
I-L-L
I-N-I!
Benny

Des Plaines, IL

#11 Mar 15, 2008
They have not won anything yet. Weber haters will be alive and well if Illini lose tomorrow. It means the little Big 10 tourney run meant nothing.
illinimike wrote:

Since: Jan 08

Pomona, CA

#12 Mar 15, 2008
Abe is chomping on his Orange Crocs in Amesburg. What a sage. What a student of the game. He and the other brilliant critics of Weber don't understand what this team went through last year. Most of those kids were at that party and drunk. They elected Smith as the one to get the goodies because he had a car. They did nothing to aid their fallen teammate, and he understandably has left the team. Every last one of them feels guilty. They let their teammate down. They let their coach down. They let the University down. The monkey is off their backs now, and all of the sudden Weber can coach again. This doesn't change the fact that a two-star point guard is still a two-star point guard. Take a seat, Chester.

“Isaiah 60:10”

Since: Nov 07

Drake CO

#13 Mar 15, 2008
GREAT going Illini!

The players are finally performing up to their abilities. Regardless of the outcome Sunday they have accomplished a major breakthrough.

Wisconsin better have their stuff wired tight.

I recommend having Chief Illiniwek (sp?) sit in the stands at half-court to seal the victory.
Big Chief

Sterling Heights, MI

#14 Mar 15, 2008
It's about time Illini, we've been waiting for this all season. It would be a shame if the Illini win tomorrow burst the ISU bubble.
If they do get in, not a # 14 or # 13 seed anyone would want to face.
Sam

United States

#15 Mar 15, 2008
GO ILLINI!!!!!!!
Rob

Skokie, IL

#16 Mar 15, 2008
Oskee wow wow!
politwriter

Arlington Heights, IL

#17 Mar 15, 2008
illinimike eats poo wrote:
<quoted text>
A little correction per your comment. "As per" is redundant.
Carry on.
It is in the literal Latin/English language understanding, but is in common American parlance, hence, acceptable.

Didn't know they taught either English or Latin at that school in the middle of the soyfields in god-forsaken Urbana.

Carry on.
Steve

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 15, 2008
Weber is no Sampson. Especially when it comes to cheating. But forget coaches and administrators -- I feel pretty darn happy for the players right now, win or lose vs. the Badgers. Too bad Eric Gordon doesn't have enough heart. I guess a three-year contract will have to serve his family.
Joe Illini

Elkhart, IN

#19 Mar 15, 2008
The Badgers are going down for the count! Pretty interesting that that loser Bill Self has nothing to say tonight! Go Illini!!!!!
Firstname Lastname

Macomb, IL

#20 Mar 15, 2008
This is a great run.

It shows that coach Weber and the team have heart.

It could have been easy to give up on the season, but they didn't.

Go Illini!
Vote Obama

Chicago, IL

#24 Mar 16, 2008
Chief wrote:
<quoted text>
I-N-I!
Rob wrote:
I-L-L
Most annoying chant ever at a Bulls game. Fine to do at your own games, but please, there's no need to cheer for Deron Williams in the UTAH JAZZ. Thank you.
Joe Illini

Elkhart, IN

#25 Mar 16, 2008
Joe Illini eats poo wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, I don't stay up all night posting to comment boards.
Illinois sucks, and the reason is, the coach sucks. You fall for the mirage, that's your problem. You will wake up Monday realizing you got drunk and went home with some 400-lb chick named Tessie.
Hey, how did you know about Tessie? Are you spying on me, Bill Self? Well, at least I know all there is to know about the wonders of full-figured women, like Tessie, whereas you spend all of your time staring at photos of the real Bill Self! My only recommendation is to get your hand out of that jar of Crisco and enjoy an Illini Big Ten Championship and NCAA Tourney invitation later today.
Chicago Fan

Glen Ellyn, IL

#26 Mar 16, 2008
It would be fun to see the Illini win and go to the tournament, but I think this shows how truly weak the Big Ten is this year. The Big Ten execs will lobby to get at least 4 teams in to the tournament but I don't see any of them getting to the Sweet 16. The conference keeps getting weaker as other midwest teams get stronger (Butler, Drake and others).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Golden Gophers Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota vs. Indiana: Start Time, Live Stream,... (Jan '13) Jan '13 mei 1
Minnesota's do-it-all threat MarQueis Gray seek... (Dec '12) Dec '12 MrnnGold 1
Boilermakers win third straight (Jan '09) Jan '09 GophersCheat 1
Minnesota Gophers move up to 18th in AP men's b... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Bob the Bilderberg 12
Pitino, Smith renew friendly rivalry in desert (Dec '08) Dec '08 Jerry Rose 1
Wahine survive in 5 (Sep '08) Sep '08 Volleyball fan 8
Gophers women's basketball: Pam Borton signs ne... (Sep '08) Sep '08 The Loon 2
More from around the web