Minnesota Gophers move up to 18th in AP men's basketball poll

Full story: TwinCities.com

After impressive wins over Iowa and Penn State last week, Tubby Smith's Golden Gophers men's basketball team has moved up to No.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Paul

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

I do not believe that there are 17 teams better than the Gophers this year. Does anyone else? Tubby is doing an incredible job with these guys! I actually think this team will be better NEXT year.
paulb

Lakewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

Gophers are dominant, fast paced and pressing defense. Look forward to seeing them at No. 3 in a few weeks.
No Look

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

Please cite their previous ranking...sort of obligatory in a story about the ranking rising, no? There are more than one poll, so it's nice to know.
cheach

Savage, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

Judged:

Too bad Tubby can't coach and QB for the vikings, then I would be really happy!
murray w

Pahokee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Judged:

hold on folks, let's see what happens in Madison on Thurs-the Gophers havent won there in ages.. The Gophers will lose at Illinois, Ohio St, Mich St and maybe at Penn or Michigan. Life on the road in the BT is tough . 12-6 would be great or even 11-7-try and be realistic!
Auntie Bess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Judged:

Orlando keep up the good work. You been out of the washtub a long time.
DD Austin

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Rankings are nice concerning seedings in the season ending tournaments as well as in recruiting, but otherwise what really matters is how they finish the season.
Go Gophers! Keep it up!!
DD Austin

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

cheach wrote:
Too bad Tubby can't coach and QB for the vikings, then I would be really happy!
Some folks are never happy no matter what. That is a lousy way to waste your life. Live for taday and DECIDE to be happy! It's a choice YOU MAKE!! GO GOPHERS!!
Bob the Bilderberg

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

DD Austin wrote:
Rankings are nice concerning seedings in the season ending tournaments as well as in recruiting, but otherwise what really matters is how they finish the season.
Go Gophers! Keep it up!!
You're right. Success breeds success. When recruiting top 100 talent, kids want to go a top 20 ranked program. They want to be on ESPN and play in the big show. Being ranked consistently in the top 25 guarantees long-term success for your program.
Wheel Chair Charley

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

I'm sure that my comments will draw ridicule from some but this is my prediction: Iverson, Busch, and Hoffarber will continue to see less and less playing time as the season progresses. I also can see Hoffarber being given an out by Coach Smith so he can free up another scholarship. Iverson will probably hang on to backup Sampson. Look for the gophers to go to the NCAA, win their first and possibly second game before they lose.
ZIPPITTY DO DE___FENSE

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

I believe the gopher have a top ten defense, There may be 9 teams better but no way are there 10. With that said they need to come out and be consistent scoring at the beginning of the halves. They do this they will be in the elite 8. Wisconsin at home will tell alot about this team. I think the M. State game they put to much pressure on themselves and was choked out by their on hands.
Bob the Bilderberg

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Rebounding. The opposing teams are still getting way too many 2nd and 3rd shots at the basket. They need to improve there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Minnesota Golden Gophers Women's Basketball Discussions

Search the Minnesota Golden Gophers Women's Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota vs. Indiana: Start Time, Live Stream,... (Jan '13) Jan '13 mei 1
Minnesota's do-it-all threat MarQueis Gray seek... (Dec '12) Dec '12 MrnnGold 1
Boilermakers win third straight (Jan '09) Jan '09 GophersCheat 1
Pitino, Smith renew friendly rivalry in desert (Dec '08) Dec '08 Jerry Rose 1
Wahine survive in 5 (Sep '08) Sep '08 Volleyball fan 8
Gophers women's basketball: Pam Borton signs ne... (Sep '08) Sep '08 The Loon 2
Recruiting to blame for Terps' recent woes? (Mar '08) Mar '08 FireGaryWilliams DOT com 40
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••