UNT's Dodge denies allegations of racism

UNT's Dodge denies allegations of racism

There are 2 comments on the Quick story from Oct 31, 2007, titled UNT's Dodge denies allegations of racism. In it, Quick reports that:

“I have not been a victim of anything like that. Hopefully this will pass over.”

North Texas football coach Todd Dodge denied allegations by a suspended player of racial bias by his coaching staff Tuesday, when a second suspended player said he will join in a complaint made to the Texas ... via Quick

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Quick.

Tonya - Southlake

Midlothian, TX

#1 Oct 31, 2007
Coach Dodge is probably one of the most un-bias coaches. I remember him suspending Clint Renfro after he got in the face of one of the opponents after one of Clint's many touchdowns. Clint sat the bench for the rest of the game. He treated all of the players the same - no matter what color they were, how good of a player they thought they were or who their daddy was.
Coach Dodge treats everyone with respect and expects to receive it back. That is one of the reasons he is able to build such a strong program. His character is his strongest asset.
I hope North Texas is able to stand strong for character. Coach Dodge will bring it, not to say that there will be many that will oppose it in the society we live in.
Stan Perch

Denton, TX

#2 Oct 31, 2007
The great coach Dodge..PLEASE! If you do not go to UNT like I do and know the program here then please dont comment.He really thinks he can turn this school into Southlake.Problem is you need minorites palyers and the NCAA does check for steroids!One again anyone that know southlake players(I graduated from there)are really into them.And the A.D. of Southlake comment of them never having a problem there is crazy.In my 4 years there how many black players were on the team or program at any given time.Lets not even start on all the raciest things that went on off the field and in the school.Just ask the hispanic kids there.Look at his staff and the kids he is bringing in.He is the great white hope so this will pass by with nothing done.I would say to any african american looking for a good college exsperience you should look some where else!Hurts to talk about my school like this but call it like I see it.My girlfriend is black and I am white so say what you want but this coach should go back to southlake.And for the black players that know the truth but act like they dont because their scard,shame on you!Take a look at yourself and the man you defend!Hope you too can lay your head down too at night and sleep well!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WKU added to Wildcats' football schedule (Mar '08) Apr '14 Big Mac 13
News HALE: Blunt's apology should be good enough (Jan '14) Jan '14 Bill Webb 1
News Blue Raiders to face run-heavy Navy in Armed Fo... (Dec '13) Dec '13 frmrder12 1
News UTEP football: Miners look for positives in finale (Dec '13) Dec '13 Semi Godo 1
News So you slaugtered a creampuff - I Say Big Deal (Sep '10) Sep '10 lockleyfan 1
News 5 Questions for MTSU's 2010 season (Sep '10) Sep '10 fws 1
News Gophers defense planning to put the heat on rep... (Aug '10) Sep '10 oxboro 40
More from around the web