Gas Stations Not Always Competing to Give Best Price

There are 8 comments on the Nov 3, 2008, NewsChannel5.com Nashville story titled Gas Stations Not Always Competing to Give Best Price. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

Everywhere you drive, you see competing signs for the Shells, Exxons, and BPs -- gas stations of all kinds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gasoline smells bad

United States

#21 Nov 11, 2008
Prices in areas where the DA's have found collusion between dealers to set prices are lower than in other parts of the State. Dickson, Knox, etc.
EDB

Middle River, MD

#22 Nov 15, 2008
This provides half the answer to another question. We were told that when prices were signficantly higher after Hurricane Ike, that it was because all gas to Nashville area comes through a single pipeline owned by Colonial. How is it that Exxon, Shell, BP, etc are all using the same single pipeline to pump supposedly competing blends of gas? And all of this gas is being resold through a limited pool of retailers? I think I smell fraud here. I suspect all of this gas is really just one blend, provided by one refinery, pumped through one pipeline. The oil companies have agreed who will supply each state, they exchange costs, send one blend of gas and let the retailers sell this same blend under the various names because they are 'independent'. TBI should check into this collusion.
Hippie Mama

Madison, TN

#23 Nov 17, 2008
$1.79 in Springfield this morning...woohoo...getting closer and closer to where it should be:)
Fady yousef

Franklin, TN

#24 Nov 18, 2008
well gas prices now are the best i ever even heard about its 1.95 for premium thts amazing i hope its keep going like this
Openwheeler

Gilbertsville, KY

#25 Nov 21, 2008
Replying to "Angry in Spring Hill".
While in college you should have learned the difference between the "boarder" in your house and the "border" between two states.
Hippie Mama

Madison, TN

#26 Nov 22, 2008
1.56/ gallon. woohoo:) howlong will it last, though?
Tommy

Madison, TN

#27 Nov 24, 2008
I believe Bush was the reason behind high gas prices. As soon as Bush found out Obama is going to be our next president, Bush had to stop getting paid off by the lobyiest and gas prices started going down!
Mike

Clarksville, TN

#28 Dec 2, 2008
The only way you can force the gas prices down in an area is for people that buy their gas at certain markets, like, Mapco, is to avoid stopping at that store for around 2 or 3 weeks. Don't buy cigarettes, beer, or anything from them, then they will be forced to lower their cost to get people back in their stores.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WKU added to Wildcats' football schedule (Mar '08) Apr '14 Big Mac 13
News HALE: Blunt's apology should be good enough (Jan '14) Jan '14 Bill Webb 1
News Blue Raiders to face run-heavy Navy in Armed Fo... (Dec '13) Dec '13 frmrder12 1
News UTEP football: Miners look for positives in finale (Dec '13) Dec '13 Semi Godo 1
News So you slaugtered a creampuff - I Say Big Deal (Sep '10) Sep '10 lockleyfan 1
News 5 Questions for MTSU's 2010 season (Sep '10) Sep '10 fws 1
News Gophers defense planning to put the heat on rep... (Aug '10) Sep '10 oxboro 40
More from around the web